Brexit in progress...

I know you were over in London recently did you look around? I mean did you see the construction going on?
Did you go into the square mile - from my office here I can see two new towers going up within 100M of each other both to be over 40 stories?
Have you been out into the country, visited some of the towns and see the building that is eating up the countryside?
Did you drive (??) on any of the motorways or main roads - did you notice the amount of traffic even on the side roads? I'm used to driving (??) in the South East and was in Wales a few months ago and just couldn't understand where all the cars had gone!
In the UK budget yesterday the UK government has had to pledge to build 300,000 NEW homes PER YEAR as there is a massive housing crisis here.... people can't afford them!
We have a massive over-population crisis in the UK.
We have had between 300,000 to 400,000 net immigrants per year for what... at least the last 10 years... and its not stopping.

..m'kay...If the UK was set to lose 2-3 million then that would be great. A few thousand is of no interest.
Do you follow UK house prices.... London... South East... Midlands.... Wales... Sunderland... Keswick
For the price of a detached family house in Dulwich you can probably buy a village in Wales but you couldn't buy a shack in Mayfair.
The folk that got burned out of the Grenfel tower in summer.... there are still people that are housed in hotels.... no homes for them!
Do you want to travel 40 miles to and from work everyday on gridlocked roads?
Lets compare apples with apples for a second France has a population of 66M same roughly as the UK. Population density of France is 99/Kmsq - UK 251/Kmsq where would you rather live?

I guess to answer your point I'm not remotely interested in the short term effects of a few EU bureaucrats relocating away from the UK.
The Europeans and their political perspective of the UK leaving the EU likewise does not interest me in the slightest.
The UK politcal perspectives of what the chattering classes think of Brexit again I couldn't give a fart for them.
In short Brexit is not interesting to me other than the fact that we are leaving the bureaucratic fiasco which it has become.... we won't be the only ones either. I will bet you that within 5 years of our final "divorce" there will be other countries seriously considering it to.

Actually, I lived for 2 years in Weybridge and for two more years in Lightwater, both in Surrey, while my husband worked on Kensington High Street, in London Center. We also visited London for about a week in September.

While I do not follow the greater London housing market, there was a very recent TV show on BBC that discussed Brexit and its consequences , including the London housing market. It is obvious that the market for those poor people who lost their home in the fire is NOT the same as the market for most people who are impacted by the International banking leaving London!

Maybe we should concentrate on one or the other. . .and not compare apples with oranges?

Obviously the housing market in central London and on the West and North Side of London is and will remain much higher than in most other areas, and in line with other large cities (i.e., Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt), but the fact is that the number of available property for sale and to let has increased since Brexit and will continue to increase. . .although this category of housing will NOT be helpful for people who lost their home in a social dwelling or for new immigrants. . .but they are the ones that makes a real difference in the London economy!

You obviously are a Brexit supporter, and I am obviously a very satisfied European Union protagonist.

What you care about, is not what I care about. . .but the fact is that brexit will also seriously affect the NHS finances. .and not for the positive!

Werbung:
.but the fact is that brexit will also seriously affect the NHS finances.
It will probably improve them and the level of service if all these freebooters piss off back to Romania, Hungary, Latvia, lithuania etc. etc. etc.
The UK tax payers stand to benefit GBP8.6Bn per year when we leave so i'm sure the NHS will survive....as it always has.... as it always will..... despite all the doom and gloom merchants here.

It will probably improve them and the level of service if all these freebooters piss off back to Romania, Hungary, Latvia, lithuania etc. etc. etc.
The UK tax payers stand to benefit GBP8.6Bn per year when we leave so i'm sure the NHS will survive....as it always has.... as it always will..... despite all the doom and gloom merchants here.

I wish I was that confident! But the program I watched certainly didn't feel the way you do!

I wish I was that confident! But the program I watched certainly didn't feel the way you do!
I guess its like every choice in life there are winners and losers. I'm pretty sanguine about the whole affair to be honest in the short term there will be issues that need to addressed the hope is that the long term benefits outweigh the short term worries.
Its the same on the EU side there will be issues as reguards the loss of billions of pounds of contributions, how will that affect the EU and what will its effects be? The EU is notoriously inefficient so maybe this will be a kick in the arse for them to sort their game out.

I guess its like every choice in life there are winners and losers. I'm pretty sanguine about the whole affair to be honest in the short term there will be issues that need to addressed the hope is that the long term benefits outweigh the short term worries.
Its the same on the EU side there will be issues as reguards the loss of billions of pounds of contributions, how will that affect the EU and what will its effects be? The EU is notoriously inefficient so maybe this will be a kick in the arse for them to sort their game out.

Whatever. . . time will tell!

... and then we have....
Economist Amit Kara said the UK economy is in the process of rebalancing.
“We expect the UK economy to rebalance away from domestic demand and towards net trade,” he said.
“The main reason why we revised up the forecast was partly because of the upward revisions to the global forecast, but also because the success in the Phase One agreement [of the Brexit talks] was very encouraging.
“In our view that has, to some extent, lifted the fog of uncertainty and that should encourage investment spending.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-upgraded-global-surge-brexit-talks-progress/

.....its a hoot isn't it....all them scarry monsters under the bed....

The Brexiteers are just like the man who jumped off the skyscraper, only stupider. They not only suppose they are ok so far, they believe 'the politicians' will fix it all up. It is ze vill of ze (old and ignorant) peepul to die, see, and they reckon to take us all with them up Shit Creek! Happy days!

Brexit is the best thing that Britain has done in many years.The EU is a rotten,Frankenstein's monster organisation.Britain will have sovereignty and the EU probably won't exist in a few years to come.Europeans don't want mass immigration and unelected EU bureaucrats telling them that they must accept millions of economic migrants.Flooding Europe with desperate people is just bloody stupid.

Brexit is the best thing that Britain has done in many years.The EU is a rotten,Frankenstein's monster organisation.Britain will have sovereignty and the EU probably won't exist in a few years to come.Europeans don't want mass immigration and unelected EU bureaucrats telling them that they must accept millions of economic migrants.Flooding Europe with desperate people is just bloody stupid.

Where do you propose the starving British go then, China?

Werbung:
Back