Can't we agree at least on free speech?

Pandora

by John McCormick and Steven Schmadeke, updated

Chicago radio station WGN-AM is again coming under attack from the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for offering airtime to a controversial author.

It is the second time in recent weeks the station has been the target of an "Obama Action Wire" alert to supporters of the Illinois Democrat.

Monday night's target was David Freddoso, who the campaign said was scheduled to be on the station from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Chicago time.

"The author of the latest anti-Barack hit book is appearing on WGN Radio in the Chicagoland market tonight, and your help is urgently needed to make sure his baseless lies don't gain credibility," an e-mail sent Monday evening to Obama supporters reads.

"David Freddoso has made a career off dishonest, extreme hate mongering," the message said. "And WGN apparently thinks this card-carrying member of the right-wing smear machine needs a bigger platform for his lies and smears about Barack Obama -- on the public airwaves."

The Tribune-owned station was flooded with calls and e-mails about an hour before an Aug. 27 interview with Stanley Kurtz, a conservative writer who examined Obama's ties to former 1960s radical William Ayers.

A WGN producer said Monday night's response was about the same as when Kurtz was on the station.

Why not just let them talk. Why is trying to stop free speech better than letting people have free speech? I dont get it. Let the guy talk, if he is lying then prove it and move on. If he is telling the truth then we have a right to hear, yes even the people in Chicago have a right to hear

Werbung:
If Obama gets in, with a democratic congress, free speech is dead as a doornail. It that case, the liberal war on free speech will go full speed with nothing to stop it.

If Obama gets in, with a democratic congress, free speech is dead as a doornail. It that case, the liberal war on free speech will go full speed with nothing to stop it.

Then we will have a war because I will die before I lose my freedom of speech. My freedom is almost the only thing I am flat willing to kill for.
I would kill anyone who tried to hurt my kid too but I think anyone would do that. Not everyone is willing to kill or die for Freedom, I am!

And those are a PRIMARY example of what I mean when I use the term "Libtard". They only belive in "freedom of speech" when it's something they WANT or LIKE to hear, but if you have an opposing position, they'll shout you down, accuse you of "hate speech", or do anything else they can to silence you.

No, they don't believe in the Constitution, they don't believe in the Bill of Rights, and in fact they don't believe in America. They're Communists who think that the only reason that the Soviet Union didn't make it is because THEY weren't in charge, and their ultimate goal is the complete destruction of our entire way of life. They're the ones that Lenin called "useful idiots", and sadly it's true, because they're too stupid to realize how stupid they really are.

And those are a PRIMARY example of what I mean when I use the term "Libtard". They only belive in "freedom of speech" when it's something they WANT or LIKE to hear, but if you have an opposing position, they'll shout you down, accuse you of "hate speech", or do anything else they can to silence you.

No, they don't believe in the Constitution, they don't believe in the Bill of Rights, and in fact they don't believe in America. They're Communists who think that the only reason that the Soviet Union didn't make it is because THEY weren't in charge, and their ultimate goal is the complete destruction of our entire way of life. They're the ones that Lenin called "useful idiots", and sadly it's true, because they're too stupid to realize how stupid they really are.

Yeah I agree with this.

Its not just speech though. The first Amendment is another example. The right to life... well only if your not inconvenient. They read it freedom from religion not freedom of religion and freedom of the press is only valid if you are printing what they want to read.

They totally hate the second amendment

The fourth is big for them though; do not search their glove box for drugs!

Werbung:
Back