Chicago bled dry by striking Teachers' Unions

Wouldn't me either...the whole thing is probably a set up. But, it is likely to backfire in BO's face. The American people see how radical the teachers unions and most of their membership are. They also see how well paid and ineffective they are at actually teaching children, while working only part time.

They are clearly overpaid and ineffective but they do not work part time. They are required to work a certain number of hours per day and then thy must spend time outside of the classroom to plan what they will be doing when they are there and to grade work. Every teacher I know works far in excess of 40 hours. I have no doubt that some do not and I beleive that will be reflected in their outcomes.

Werbung:
They are clearly overpaid and ineffective but they do not work part time. They are required to work a certain number of hours per day and then thy must spend time outside of the classroom to plan what they will be doing when they are there and to grade work. Every teacher I know works far in excess of 40 hours. I have no doubt that some do not and I beleive that will be reflected in their outcomes.

Teachers nationwide do not work 40 hours a week...52 weeks a year....as most working Americans do. They get the summer off. So, they are part timers.

To think that Chicago teachers earn on average $70k, for part time work, is outrageous...it is even more outrageous when you consider how ineffective they are.

Werbung:
Teachers nationwide do not work 40 hours a week...52 weeks a year....as most working Americans do. They get the summer off. So, they are part timers.

To think that Chicago teachers earn on average $70k, for part time work, is outrageous...it is even more outrageous when you consider how ineffective they are.

Chicago teachers work by contract 225 days per year. The averge american works 260 days minus two weeks and holidays for a total of about 245 or 20 days per year more than what is required of a chicago teacher. A teacher only needs to work 160 hours extra beyond the 40 hour work week to easily make up the difference - most teachers work than most other workers. Not that all do.

Back