"consertvative"-Panties; All In A Bunch

Mr. Shaman

"Republican John McCain calls the bailout "generational theft," a transfer of wealth from future generations to today's leaders.

"We are robbing future generations of Americans of their hard-earned dollars because we are laying on them a debt of incredible proportions," he said."
Yeah, John.....whatta unique-situation, huh?

:rolleyes:

bush_deficit_graphic.gif

Werbung:
That's a nice graph, Mr. Shame-man. It shows a consistent downward trend regardless of who is president with the exception of the Clinton years where the numbers were manipulated to look good.

That's a nice graph, Mr. Shame-man. It shows a consistent downward trend regardless of who is president with the exception of the Clinton years where the numbers were manipulated to look good.

Can you explain to me how the clinton years numbers were manipulated to look good?

I believe you but I dont understand it.

Yeah.....sure......that's what happened..... :rolleyes:

"It is the third year in a row the federal government has taken in more than it spent, and has paid down the debt. The last time the U.S. government had a third consecutive year of national debt reduction was 1949, said the official."

Can you explain to me how the clinton years numbers were manipulated to look good?

I believe you but I dont understand it.

Here is an article from a mainstream newspaper, that leans left, that quotes Democrats. The article is not about Clinton per say but about congress in general:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/2006-08-02-deficit-usat_x.htm

One line from the article says:

"The Clinton administration reported a surplus of $559 billion in its final four budget years. The audited numbers showed a deficit of $484 billion."

The article does not even mention how they redefine terms to mean new things so that all sorts of stuff can go up or down without the things the numbers represent changing at all. Things like unemployment, poverty, homelessness, tax, refund, etc. Didn't we all see president Obama call a tax a tax refund and vise versa?

Werbung:
Back