Could we learn from them ?

the annoying thing

How long can the longest living shark live?
  • The Greenland shark has the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate species (estimated to be between 250 and 500 years), and is among the largest extant species of shark. It is a generalist feeder, consuming a variety of available foods.

Pretty amazing this possible that some sharks were alive long before we were a nation and whats more amazing is these little guys who may be able to live forever,

There are other creature that live long lives I just listed the 3 . But studying them could benefit medical science with time and technological advances.

Werbung:
There is actually progress in this field. They study these creatures at a very low level, so the actual shape and size of these animals become less relevant. What happens inside the cell, what enzymes are activated and so on.

There is actually progress in this field. They study these creatures at a very low level, so the actual shape and size of these animals become less relevant. What happens inside the cell, what enzymes are activated and so on.
I figured some one was looking into it.
We have creatures that live from a couple hundred years to ?
It interesting to me. The possibilities of long life faster healing even limb or organ regeneration .
Do you have any links or key words for looking up info on it

I figured some one was looking into it.
We have creatures that live from a couple hundred years to ?
It interesting to me. The possibilities of long life faster healing even limb or organ regeneration .
Do you have any links or key words for looking up info on it
There is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Sinclair
and also

I am not really sort of focused on this myself, but these are two of the most quoted in the field. If you use them as a starting point, you will discover what there is this field.

How long can the longest living shark live?
  • The Greenland shark has the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate species (estimated to be between 250 and 500 years), and is among the largest extant species of shark. It is a generalist feeder, consuming a variety of available foods.

Pretty amazing this possible that some sharks were alive long before we were a nation and whats more amazing is these little guys who may be able to live forever,

There are other creature that live long lives I just listed the 3 . But studying them could benefit medical science with time and technological advances.
I remember when researchers were totally stunned by finding shark bones embedded in rock 700 feet below ground in a Kentucky coal mine.

300 Million Year Old Shark Jaw Bone Found in Kentucky Mine - ABC News (go.com) 4-11-11

300 Million Year Old Shark Jaw Bone Found in Kentucky Mine

Werbung:
Back