Credibility of the NAACP ....

Werbung:
At one time, they did. To now give a platform for the infamous demogogue Rev. Wright, and applaud him, etc, shows how sadly they've declined.
OK, which times? ever in your life have you thought, way to go NAACP?
Did you see the speech? Have you read the transcript?

The man is an amazing speaker. I have only seen the 5minute or so clips on youtube. If you agree a lick with him or not, most people I would bet would say he is quite captivating and if he could change his focus from God onto something different, I could sit down for that once a week for an hour.
It happened to come on CNN late night for me, like 1am, middle of the night for the rest of the country. Either way. I will post the transcript after this post and let everyone decide for themselves.

As a side note, I do wish he would kinda go away for awhile, I am not convinced he is hurting Obama that much, but he certainly isnt helping him.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/wright.transcript/index.html

I was going to attempt to post the whole thing here. But it is way to long. So there is a link. Again, there is probably a bunch of things that could get picked apart and taken out of context I am not going to bother with that. If you want to debate me, find me elsewhere. It is posted for everyone else to judge for themselves.

OK, which times? ever in your life have you thought, way to go NAACP?
Did you see the speech? Have you read the transcript?

The man is an amazing speaker. I have only seen the 5minute or so clips on youtube. If you agree a lick with him or not, most people I would bet would say he is quite captivating and if he could change his focus from God onto something different, I could sit down for that once a week for an hour.
It happened to come on CNN late night for me, like 1am, middle of the night for the rest of the country. Either way. I will post the transcript after this post and let everyone decide for themselves.

As a side note, I do wish he would kinda go away for awhile, I am not convinced he is hurting Obama that much, but he certainly isnt helping him.

Yes, they covered his whole speech on CSPAN, and I watched as much as I could stomach. All the while while he was speaking, he would make one after another statement that was a distortion of history, an exaggeration, defamatory, or outrageous one way or another, and I'm sitting there thinking with each one "that's BS", but of course the audience applauds every one.
Since you appear to be reasonably intelligent, I'm stunned that he can hypnotize you. I get mental images of wild-eyed people wildly applauding people like farakhan and hitler. I don't give a crap how "good" a speaker someone is - I listen carefully to WHAT HE IS SAYING.

Yes, they covered his whole speech on CSPAN, and I watched as much as I could stomach. All the while while he was speaking, he would make one after another statement that was a distortion of history, an exaggeration, defamatory, or outrageous one way or another, and I'm sitting there thinking with each one "that's BS", but of course the audience applauds every one.
Since you appear to be reasonably intelligent, I'm stunned that he can hypnotize you. I get mental images of wild-eyed people wildly applauding people like farakhan and hitler. I don't give a crap how "good" a speaker someone is - I listen carefully to WHAT HE IS SAYING.

Hey There Lib,
I want you to know, when I was watching that, I thought to myself, this must just be pissing off libsmasher.

A few things Ill say. I often times will disagree with the far majority of what someone says, but can still recognize that they are a gifted speaker. Rush Limbaugh is a perfect example for me. Though I would be interested to see how well he performs publicly in front of say 10k people.
About Rev Wright, I think you are expecting something different from what you got. He is a pastor, and like any other religious leader, absolute truths to him arent the message. What you get is %75 truth, and the rest is debatable or somwhat true in one's perception.
You see this is the universal game when it comes to god and government. Tell them enough to show your credible, play on thier fears, exploit for cash.
This is more or less a universal tactic to have faith and follow a higher power. It has been in practice seen civilization arose and it will exist until the big red button is pushed.

So, Ill say this, I found Rev Wright entertaining. He was well animated. Articulate, and his delivery was easy to follow, funny at times. He rambled a bit long for my taste, but overall, B+

Werbung:
Hey There Lib,
I want you to know, when I was watching that, I thought to myself, this must just be pissing off libsmasher.

A few things Ill say. I often times will disagree with the far majority of what someone says, but can still recognize that they are a gifted speaker. Rush Limbaugh is a perfect example for me. Though I would be interested to see how well he performs publicly in front of say 10k people.

I disagree that Rush is a gifted speaker given what most people would mean by that phrase. His delivery is completely conversational. Gifted speaking is a shallow characteristic. There are lots of comparable "gifts". A person can be a good dresser, and a crook. A person can have good looks, and be a mass murderer. If a person is evil, then gifted speaking, or, as I choose to call it in the case of Rev. Wright, demogoguery, can be used for evil means - what matters to me is always CONTENT.

About Rev Wright, I think you are expecting something different from what you got. He is a pastor, and like any other religious leader, absolute truths to him arent the message. What you get is %75 truth, and the rest is debatable or somwhat true in one's perception.

Absolutely, totally, completely false. Rev. Wright's claim that the US government invented AIDS to kill black people isn't "debatable" or a matter of "perception", it is simply an infamous LIE.

So, Ill say this, I found Rev Wright entertaining. He was well animated. Articulate, and his delivery was easy to follow, funny at times. He rambled a bit long for my taste, but overall, B+

Once again, you need to look past his speaking skills. Is it "entertaining" that someone has filled tens of thousands of people's heads full of his paranoid fantasies?

Back