Darwin strikes again - Global Warming activist freezes to death (is this a joke?)

Little-Acorn

This undated article is not from The Onion, though it certainly sounds like it should be.

It describes some Global Warming nutcase, who apparently had the funds to mount an expedition on a continental ice cap... but whose wife didn't even know where he was going. And it describes how this nutcase didn't know that July was the cold season around the South Pole. And he didn't even turn back when he noticed the sun was down 24 hours a day as he was sledding along.

I've been near the North Pole for a 2-1/2 year stretch, and I know that it's as dark as the inside of a black cow when the Pole is turned away from the sun. No way could these sledders even have seen an ice boulder in front of their faces under those conditions - and they kept going???

Hard to believe that anyone could be THAT dumb, even an environmental whacko.

It's also unclear how the aircraft pilot could have seen them, or their rope that spelled out "Help - Cold", when it was pitch black 24 hours a day. Aircraft don't even fly there during the dark season. Perhaps the plane found them months later, when the sun was up? If so, why was no alarm raised between July and the date (whenever that was) they were found?

And if they weren't found until months after they died, the rope (and maybe the people, tents, etc.) would have been covered by blowing snow by then.

Frankly, this whole thing sounds like a made-up joke to me, if a sick one.

-------------------------------------

http://www.ecoenquirer.com/south-pole-tragedy.htm

Global Warming Activist, Journalist, Perish in Antarctica

Global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist were found frozen to death only 90 miles from their destination, South Pole Station, seen here during the warm season.

(Punta Arenas, Chile) Famed global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist friend were both found frozen to death on Saturday, about 90 miles from South Pole Station, by the pilot of a ski plane practicing emergency evacuation procedures.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing", recounted the pilot, Jimmy Dolittle. "There were two snowmobiles with cargo sleds, a tent, and a bright orange rope that had been laid out on the ice, forming the words, 'HELP-COLD'".

One friend of Prof. Schneider told ecoEnquirer that he had been planning a trip to an ice sheet to film the devastation brought on by global warming. His wife, Linda, said that she had heard him discussing the trip with his environmental activist friends, but she assumed that he was talking about the Greenland ice sheet, a much smaller ice sheet than Antarctica.

"He kept talking about when they 'get down to chili', and I thought they were talking about the order in which they would consume their food supplies", Mrs. Schneider recounted. "I had no idea they were talking about Chile, the country from which you usually fly or sail in order to reach Antarctica".

Apparently, while all of Prof. Schneider's friends were assuming that the July trek would be to Greenland, during Northern Hemisphere summer, his plans were actually to snowmobile to the South Pole - which, in July, is in the dead of winter.

Mr. Dolittle related how some people do not realize that, even if there has been warming in Antarctica, the average temperature at the South Pole in July still runs about 70 degrees F below zero. "Some people think that July is warm everywhere on Earth."

"And I was surprised to see how close they got to South Pole Station. They ran through all of their gas supplies for the snowmobiles", explained Doolittle. "They had cold weather gear and clothes, but during this time of year you just don't go outside unless it is an emergency."

"At least James died for something he believed in", said Mrs. Schneider. "He died while trying to raise awareness of the enormous toll that global warming is taking on the Earth."

Werbung:
This undated article is not from The Onion, though it certainly sounds like it should be.

It describes some Global Warming nutcase, who apparently had the funds to mount an expedition on a continental ice cap... but whose wife didn't even know where he was going. And it describes how this nutcase didn't know that July was the cold season around the South Pole. And he didn't even turn back when he noticed the sun was down 24 hours a day as he was sledding along.

I've been near the North Pole for a 2-1/2 year stretch, and I know that it's as dark as the inside of a black cow when the Pole is turned away from the sun. No way could these sledders even have seen an ice boulder in front of their faces under those conditions - and they kept going???

Hard to believe that anyone could be THAT dumb, even an environmental whacko.

It's also unclear how the aircraft pilot could have seen them, or their rope that spelled out "Help - Cold", when it was pitch black 24 hours a day. Aircraft don't even fly there during the dark season. Perhaps the plane found them months later, when the sun was up? If so, why was no alarm raised between July and the date (whenever that was) they were found?

And if they weren't found until months after they died, the rope (and maybe the people, tents, etc.) would have been covered by blowing snow by then.

Frankly, this whole thing sounds like a made-up joke to me, if a sick one.

-------------------------------------

http://www.ecoenquirer.com/south-pole-tragedy.htm

Global Warming Activist, Journalist, Perish in Antarctica

Global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist were found frozen to death only 90 miles from their destination, South Pole Station, seen here during the warm season.

(Punta Arenas, Chile) Famed global warming activist James Schneider and a journalist friend were both found frozen to death on Saturday, about 90 miles from South Pole Station, by the pilot of a ski plane practicing emergency evacuation procedures.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing", recounted the pilot, Jimmy Dolittle. "There were two snowmobiles with cargo sleds, a tent, and a bright orange rope that had been laid out on the ice, forming the words, 'HELP-COLD'".

One friend of Prof. Schneider told ecoEnquirer that he had been planning a trip to an ice sheet to film the devastation brought on by global warming. His wife, Linda, said that she had heard him discussing the trip with his environmental activist friends, but she assumed that he was talking about the Greenland ice sheet, a much smaller ice sheet than Antarctica.

"He kept talking about when they 'get down to chili', and I thought they were talking about the order in which they would consume their food supplies", Mrs. Schneider recounted. "I had no idea they were talking about Chile, the country from which you usually fly or sail in order to reach Antarctica".

Apparently, while all of Prof. Schneider's friends were assuming that the July trek would be to Greenland, during Northern Hemisphere summer, his plans were actually to snowmobile to the South Pole - which, in July, is in the dead of winter.

Mr. Dolittle related how some people do not realize that, even if there has been warming in Antarctica, the average temperature at the South Pole in July still runs about 70 degrees F below zero. "Some people think that July is warm everywhere on Earth."

"And I was surprised to see how close they got to South Pole Station. They ran through all of their gas supplies for the snowmobiles", explained Doolittle. "They had cold weather gear and clothes, but during this time of year you just don't go outside unless it is an emergency."

"At least James died for something he believed in", said Mrs. Schneider. "He died while trying to raise awareness of the enormous toll that global warming is taking on the Earth."

Yes, it is a joke, but one that managed to fool some of the right wing bloggers who are ready to believe anything that supports their rather twisted view of the world.

you can Snopes it out here.

Yes, it is a joke, but one that managed to fool some of the right wing bloggers who are ready to believe anything that supports their rather twisted view of the world.

you can Snopes it out here.

Let me LMAO!!!

The above-referenced ironic tale of a global warming activist's freezing to death in Antarctica was presented on the FOX Nation web site as a straighforward news story on 29 March 2010.

Way to research Fox News.

Let me LMAO!!!

Way to research Fox News.

Can't let NBC (Ford pickups rigged to "explode" in rear-end crashes) and CBS (Jeeps rolling over, tires exploding after being secretly modified for the purpose) hog all the credit.

Except Fox is still coming in third. They didn't create the story, while NBC and CBS did secretly rig their vehicles to create fake "results" and falsely discredit carmakers.

Nice try.......

Can't let NBC (Ford pickups rigged to "explode" in rear-end crashes) and CBS (Jeeps rolling over, tires exploding after being secretly modified for the purpose) hog all the credit.

Except Fox is still coming in third. They didn't create the story, while NBC and CBS did secretly rig their vehicles to create fake "results" and falsely discredit carmakers.

Nice try.......

Shoddy journalism is acceptable to you. Noted.

And Fox was the one to fight for news outlets' right to lie in court.

Are you saying I should prefer instead, "journalists" who ignore one entire side... through an ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN SEASON???

Compared to the formerly-mainstream media, Fox News is sparkling.

I'm saying you should have a principle rather than a talking point.

"Only perfection is acceptable, we're not allowed to use anything else."

Got it.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

This is typical of most Cons. When their illogical "bad behavior justifies other bad behavior" module blows up in their face, they make excuses.

It's really not that hard to have a standard, unless it's just a partisan ploy.

As we've seen in this exchange. How can you talk to anybody about responsibility, Cons?

Nice try.......

No link to your story, but it appears on Google. So, you had to go all the way back to '93, seventeen years, to find an example of lack of journalistic integrity in another network that, that....

....somehow mitigates the story we're talking about?

Look, look, the other guys did it too, seventeen years ago!

That reminds me a lot of the sort of arguments I used to get out of my fourth graders: "What about so and so? Why is it OK for her/him"?

Well, that was last year. This is this year, and we still don't let kids throw erasers in class. Sorry.

you had to go all the way back to '93, seventeen years, to find an example of lack of journalistic integrity in another network that, that....

Gross distortions, fibs, and careful omissions by ALL the "traditional" medial outlets in favor of a marginal Democrat candidate for President in 2008, seemed to obvious to bother mentioning.

I should have remembered I was talking to blinders-on, short-attention-span leftists fanatics, who either forgot the obvious or never noticed it in the first place.

My apologies. :rolleyes:

Gross distortions, fibs, and careful omissions by ALL the "traditional" medial outlets in favor of a marginal Democrat candidate for President in 2008, seemed to obvious to bother mentioning.

I should have remembered I was talking to blinders-on, short-attention-span leftists fanatics, who either forgot the obvious or never noticed it in the first place.

My apologies. :rolleyes:

You posts only increase your folly.

Nice try.......

You all got caught with your johnson waving in the wind and now you're trying to cover by pointing out that OTHER people were worse than you. Nice, very human--no matter what your political stripe.

Werbung:
Back