Death penalty and insanity

Abide

IS such a thing as the "Insanity Plea" a legitimate defense?

It seems to me that any person that kills another is already insane. Literally. I am a reasonable and compassionate individual. I would NEVER MURDER a person. Murder...Pre-Meditated...

To Pre-Meditate the Killing of a person... in my opnion, is Insane.

IF I was to go onto a Jury and they claimed that the Murderer did it, but should be let off with less than the Max Whatever just becuase they were insane...well, I would laugh in their face.

What do you think?

This is a TOPIC STARTER and does not encompass ALL OF MY BELIEFS for all of you retarded nimrods that like to find a flaw with an INITIAL STATEMENT...unable to deviate from that intial attack platform.

To the rest...what do you think? Is the Insanity Plea Legitimate or are those that commit MURDER already Insane, making the whole point mute?

What do we do with Insane people then?

Werbung:
I believe if someone murders someone else and pleads insanity they should go to prison/psycho ward (they're basically the same thing) and receive treatment (this is assuming they are believably insane). If a certain number of psychologists agree that the person is stable and their sentence is finished they should be allowed to go out into the world, under careful supervision. I think some people deserve a second chance.

I don't think they deserve another chance.

They should be put to jail after the treatment.

The whole notion that if you're insane you get special treatment is just silly. The purpose of prisons and our judicial system is to keep the public safe. Who cares if they're "insane" or not if they've proven themselves to be a threat to the public.

The insanity plea is disgusting. Yeah some people may be fully bat sh*t crazy, but that does not give them any right to be excused for what they have done.

I don't think they deserve another chance.

They should be put to jail after the treatment.

I could not agree more. They should be given the all help they need, so that they can think straight, while serving the remainder of their time in prison. Not rehabilitated and released to be tempted to do it again. "You do the crime you do the time", that's what I was raised on.

Werbung:
The insanity plea is disgusting. Yeah some people may be fully bat sh*t crazy, but that does not give them any right to be excused for what they have done.

I could not agree more. They should be given the all help they need, so that they can think straight, while serving the remainder of their time in prison. Not rehabilitated and released to be tempted to do it again. "You do the crime you do the time", that's what I was raised on.
Some people were raised to believe there's a god and we know that is bullshit.

Back