Deputy defended after stealing documents in open court!

PLC1

Staff member
Outrageous!

Arizona deputy found in contempt for removing documents

A Maricopa County Sheriff’s Deputy caught on camera removing documents from a courtroom has been found in contempt of court by a Superior Court judge.

It is only the latest scandal to blemish controversial Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his department. Arpaio, who bills himself as America’s toughest Sheriff, has found himself at the center of countless disputes in recent months. Arpaio has defended Stoddard’s actions.

How can it be OK to steal documents from an attorney's briefcase during open court? The deputy was seen on camera, which should have been no surprise to him. Then, all the judge asks for is an apology, but that's too much for the sherriff.

Is this a kangaroo court, or what?

Werbung:
I have found that local police and County police are much less professional than the Michigan State Police. I needed a copy of my finger prints, the County Sheriff's office refused to finger print me. When I went to a State Police post, they responded to my request with: "Of course."

I have observed over the years that the county where I was born had a deputy turn-over rate higher than McDonald's. Four years was about as long as most lasted. Where as most State Police seem to remain troopers until they retire.

The education and other requirements for local police forces are lower than that for the State Police. When ever I have had dealings with the State Police there conduct and professionalism was exemplary.

In Michigan, I would be in favor of eliminating all local small municipalities, townships, and county police and use the money to expand the ranks of the Michigan State Police to cover those areas. We would have a better police force if that was done.

Werbung:
I tried posting at rick sanchez's & its full . His news site stated that the sherriff & they STATED , the deputy seen a paper AT the top of the lawyers folder & took it . I looked at the video & i did'nt see that. The deputy lifted the top paper & removed from under the top paper . Hmmmmmmmmm.

Back