Dissillusioned

I think you're comparing 21st. century America, not with the real past, but with an ideal that never has been and probably never will be.
I thought that both the recent past and the present were not as bad as I now think they are. The lust for money and power are far more systemically entrenched than I ever would have guessed. I cant say that democrats are mostly the bad guys and pubs are mostly the good guys with some bad apples in both parties. I would now have to say that both parties contain a significant number of bad guys and that they run the show. I doubt it is possible to know who is telling the truth or lying and exactly when they are doing what. I now read newspaper stories and realize that the reporters have been grossly mislead or are lying themselves much of the time. I don't see conspiracies but I do see widespread corruption on a scale I never saw before.

If someone thinks that big pharma or big oil is the bad guy and Bush or Obama are the saviors then they are blind. If someone thinks climate alarmists or social programs are evil they they dont understand the scope of evil.

There is a whole new category of players out there call them elite or tptb or whatever you want, I don't really know who they are, I just realize that they are there. I realize that they were there at the founding of our country and way back. I thought that they had existed in the middle ages but had been replaced by a better breed of men. But they have just taken on different clothes.

Werbung:
Look around, and things look pretty grim: the debt, apathy, gangs, murders, unemployment, the list goes on and on. It would be easy to become disillusioned and begin to believe that our two hundred plus year experiment in self governance was a failure.

We are clearly less self-governing than we were fifty years ago and 150 years ago. Our freedoms are diminishing daily and most people dont even know it or care.

Our experiment was a success because it did show that at least for a time the principles of our constitution and econonic system can work but we have strayed so far from constitutionalism and free markets that i cant really say that those words best represent what our country is.

Just wanted to say, I enjoy reading your post and Very well said , But it has a simple answer ..The truth will set you free ..That was what Jesus told us..

Yes the truth does set people free. I can no longer debate with people about the simple-minded politics of the day. I can only say what I knowing that much of it based on lies that have been told to me. There are truths out there and if there is a hope for us it is that the truth will be salty. Convince a man that the current president of guilty of such and such and you will have won the day but convince a man that there is a truth and he will carry it with him for life to influence much of what he does.

Werbung:
I see the government as being a gigantic mass of confusion. It's so large now, it's ungovernable.

We have laws on top of regulations that run up against other laws. Everything is written in legal speak where the average person can't read or understand them. We have courts and judges that fight against each other.

And the fraud and ineptness in government is mind boggling. I heard this morning were the IRS has paid out 4 billion in fraudulent income tax refunds. 7oo of those checks were mailed to the same address in Yemen. How does that happen?

I was listening to Dr. Carson one day, and he was asked if he would consider running for office and which party he was for. His answer was that he was for the party of common sense. That's what we need, the party of common sense and to get away from these tainted parties we have today.

Back