Distinct Contrasts

Greco

The contrasts between the two presidential candidates have now evolved into distinct differences. It's hard to imagine how there could be any undecided voters at this point in time.

Barack Obama selected as his running mate Joe Biden, one the most experienced, and knowledgeable foreign policy experts in America, a member of the Senate, and highly respected by members of both political parties.

John McCain gave America a preview of his judgment when he selected a running mate that is totally unqualified to be the Vice President. For an elderly senior citizen, his pick is even more disturbing knowing she's absolutely unqualified to assume the presidency if necessary. Since selecting Sarah Palin she's morphed from a running mate to a national running joke.

Barack Obama has, as his economic advisor, Warren Buffett, the most successful investor in the history of Wall Street. When the Republican-created financial crisis hit, Buffett reacted to the market and moved from the second wealthiest person on the planet, to the number one spot, increasing his net worth by $8 billion in the past thirty days.

John McCain has, as his economic advisor, Phil Gramm, the former Senator that was the single most responsible person that created the financial crisis. McCain's advisor claims we're only in a "mental recession" and we're "just a nation of whiners". He also has over 100 Washington lobbyists advising him.

Then there's the endorsements… Sunday, on Meet The Press, General Colin Powell, a lifelong Republican, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, former Secretary of State, endorsed Barack Obama for President and Commander in Chief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2U63fXBlFo

Early last week, John McCain was endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan.

http://current.com/items/89064028_kkk_supports_john_mccain

Werbung:
Barack Obama selected as his running mate Joe Biden, one the most experienced, and knowledgeable foreign policy experts in America, a member of the Senate, and highly respected by members of both political parties.

John McCain gave America a preview of his judgment when he selected a running mate that is totally unqualified to be the Vice President. For an elderly senior citizen, his pick is even more disturbing knowing she's absolutely unqualified to assume the presidency if necessary. Since selecting Sarah Palin she's morphed from a running mate to a national running joke.

Well McCain did not need to pick a foreign policy expert as VP. He is one already.

For a preview of Obama's judgment on foreign affairs look at his latest track record:

1) Opposed the surge. Instead demanded an arbitrary withdrawal before the surge was even enacted.

2) In response to the Russian invasion in Ossetia, Obama sought to establish "moral equivalency." When that did not work, he said the UN security council can handle it. (Forgetting Russia has the veto I suppose). After that was pointed out, he basically adopted the position McCain took from day one.

3) In Pakistan, Obama openly supports going after terrorists in the tribal regions. Bush has been following this strategy as of late, and Pakistan (a nuclear power) is on the verge of collapse. Zardari is backed into a corner and can barely maintain order, let alone run the country. Obama openly says he wants to extend this practice.

Barack Obama has, as his economic advisor, Warren Buffett, the most successful investor in the history of Wall Street. When the Republican-created financial crisis hit, Buffett reacted to the market and moved from the second wealthiest person on the planet, to the number one spot, increasing his net worth by $8 billion in the past thirty days.

If it is so easy to make money in the market, I am a little confused why the rest of the people out there do not do the same thing? I also dispute the idea that this is "republican" created.

John McCain has, as his economic advisor, Phil Gramm, the former Senator that was the single most responsible person that created the financial crisis. McCain's advisor claims we're only in a "mental recession" and we're "just a nation of whiners". He also has over 100 Washington lobbyists advising him.

Having lobbyists working for you is not a bad thing. I would be willing to wager that you are connected to a lobbyist in some way shape or form. Usually lobbyists are among the most knowledgeable in their particular area.

As for the "mental recession", McCain already addressed that, and it is much like Obama surrogates calling entire states "racist." Nothing more than poorly articulating a position.

Then there's the endorsements… Sunday, on Meet The Press, General Colin Powell, a lifelong Republican, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, former Secretary of State, endorsed Barack Obama for President and Commander in Chief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2U63fXBlFo

Early last week, John McCain was endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan.

http://current.com/items/89064028_kkk_supports_john_mccain

Of course this is where your entire post becomes laughable. You point out the Powell endorsement, which is fine, but you compare it to a comedy sketch about McCain from Ebaumsworld (A kind of college humor site).

Well McCain did not need to pick a foreign policy expert as VP. He is one already.

Expert? Maybe - but one with extremely faulty judgement. I agree with Obama's comment that "the war did not start in 2007" re: the surge. That seems to be the only thing McCain will take credit for, completely disavowing himself of his judgment for the 5 years preceding that.

Further, the surge was not solely responsible for the decrease in violence (other contributors were paying people off). McCain was very much an advocate of the war, which in retrospect was one of the worst decisions this country has been involved with. Also, he agreed that we would be treated as liberators when we clearly were not. Other faulty judgement includes the comment "bomb bomb Iran", and when asked about our incraese in export of cigarettes to Iran, commented that "that's one way to kill 'em." Add the snafu about "Iraq's border with Pakistan" and his bafflement re: the Sunnis vs. Shiites, and that's one "expert" that I don't trust. The last, most important element, is that he sees us being in there for way longer than we should.

Expert? Maybe - but one with extremely faulty judgement. I agree with Obama's comment that "the war did not start in 2007" re: the surge. That seems to be the only thing McCain will take credit for, completely disavowing himself of his judgment for the 5 years preceding that.
McCain wanted more troops to secure the country and prevent the insurgency that occurred. Bush tried to do it on the cheap. Hardly McCains fault that Bush did his own thing.
Further, the surge was not solely responsible for the decrease in violence (other contributors were paying people off).
Nobody has ever said it was but the political acheivements that happened couldn't have taken place without the Surge.

McCain was very much an advocate of the war,
So was Biden...

Also, he agreed that we would be treated as liberators when we clearly were not.
Same with Biden... and we were treated as liberators until we failed to secure the country.

Other faulty judgement includes the comment "bomb bomb Iran", and when asked about our incraese in export of cigarettes to Iran, commented that "that's one way to kill 'em." Add the snafu about "Iraq's border with Pakistan" and his bafflement re: the Sunnis vs. Shiites, and that's one "expert" that I don't trust.
Biden is a Gaff machine too... He also said the surge would fail and the only answer was to split Iraq into 3 regional states.

The last, most important element, is that he sees us being in there for way longer than we should.
And you know this because you've taken his comment completely out of context... 100 years in Iraq. If you think this counts as "Knowledge", I hope you don't have children or plans to procreate.

To hear Obama speak about it one would think we were not even in a war. McCain might be talking about the Iraq War post surge, but Obama can only talk about his 2003 vote against the war. We were losing the war, do you not think we needed a new strategy (aka the surge) as opposed to continued harping on the fact that we should not have gone to war in the first place?

Further, the surge was not solely responsible for the decrease in violence (other contributors were paying people off). McCain was very much an advocate of the war, which in retrospect was one of the worst decisions this country has been involved with.

We were "paying people off" well before the surge and violence remained at record highs. The surge helped to bring some form of stability, and added to that fact was public opinion turned against the insurgency, not because we "payed them off" but because many people were upset at Muslim killing Muslim.

Also, he agreed that we would be treated as liberators when we clearly were not.

If you look at the timeline, we were treated quite well upon victory. It was not until we botched the occupation that things went badly. To argue that we were not treated well when we arrived is to misrepresent reality in my opinion however.

Other faulty judgement includes the comment "bomb bomb Iran", and when asked about our incraese in export of cigarettes to Iran, commented that "that's one way to kill 'em." Add the snafu about "Iraq's border with Pakistan" and his bafflement re: the Sunnis vs. Shiites, and that's one "expert" that I don't trust. The last, most important element, is that he sees us being in there for way longer than we should.

Singing a song as a joke to a group of veterans, and another joke in regards to cigarettes is hardly the same as actual policies set forth by Obama that are flawed.

I for one am willing to overlook a snafu about what country borders another country in return for sound policy decisions. So far, McCain has made them in terms of foreign relations, Obama has not. (As I posted above in Iraq, Ossetia, and Pakistan)

On the last point, I assume you are talking about his 100 years comment. You again take it totally out of context. He said he would not mind having soldiers there for 100 years as long as they were out of harms way and not being killed. We have had bases in Germany, Japan, and all over the place for 60 plus years in that very context and no one is really demanding that they come home.

It was McCain that claimed he sang bomb bomb Iran to a group of veterans. It was a lie.

Werbung:
It was McCain that claimed he sang bomb bomb Iran to a group of veterans. It was a lie.

Point is in the actual footage he made the joke and then seriously answered the question.

He says it was to veteran friends, I believe him. I have seen nothing to the contrary. But that is not the point, the point is that it was a joke. A bad joke perhaps, but a joke.

Anyway, you ignored the actual substance of responses to focus on the idea that perhaps McCain was not talking to vets when he made his joke. That is irrelevant.

What matters is what we posted in the reply, which has been ignored, such as the surge, the Iraq War timelines, Obama's response to Ossestia, Pakistan, and the surge. These things actually matter.

Back