DNC lawyers: Fla. and Mi. delegates cannot be fully restored

Popeye

It's only right, after all they did break the rules. Anyway, according to an analysis the Democratic Party rules committee has the authority to restore delegates from Mi. and Fla. but not fully seat the two states at the convention as Hillary Clinton wants.

Party rules require that the two states lose at least half of their convention delegates for holding elections too early, DNC lawyers wrote in a memo.

The memo was sent late Tuesday to the 30 members of the RBC, which meets Saturday to consider what to do with the convention delegates from the two states.

Exactly in what proportion they will be seated has yet to be determined, but the important thing here is...they cannot be fully restored.

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/05/dnc-lawyers-cant-fully-seat-fl-and-mi.html

Werbung:
From the party which conjured up "affirmative action", it's perhaps not surprising that the DNC wants to penalize michigan and florida rank and file democrats for what their state party leaders did. McCain should make a special effort to court the disenfranchised democrats from those states. - should be enough to swing the states.

They Broke the Rules, they get Punished. Clinton Cries to have the rules changed again...but only if they help her...when she though she would win hands down, she never cared.

No, the state party leaders broke the rules. The DNC punished the rank and file. The rank and file didn't do anything. We conservatives thank the DNC for its stupidity - we're happy to have the fla. and mich. electoral votes. :)

I am just glad we never have to hear about Florida 2000 again.

No one can (with a straight face) justify purposely ignoring the votes of millions democrat in 2 states just to get Ohhbama the nomination and still complain about how thousands of minority democrats were disenfranchised in Florida 2000

So I am glad its happening like this, I cant wait for my first chance to slam someone at work who brings up Florida 2000 agian

I am just glad we never have to hear about Florida 2000 again.

No one can (with a straight face) justify purposely ignoring the votes of millions democrat in 2 states just to get Ohhbama the nomination and still complain about how thousands of minority democrats were disenfranchised in Florida 2000
Incorrect and the numbers, thanks to DCW, tell the story:

Delegates with Mi and Fla seated as is:

Obama-2082
Clinton-1973

As you can see, even with seating the Fla and Mi delegates in their present form, Obama still has a healthy lead. I don't know why you and other right wingers continue to try and perpetuate such a fraudulent accusation, even the Clinton campaign admits that Obama will lead in delegates no matter how the Fla and Mi delegates are seated. I suspect it's a little too much Fox News and not enough facts.

Werbung:
They Broke the Rules, they get Punished. Clinton Cries to have the rules changed again...but only if they help her...when she though she would win hands down, she never cared.

Hillary! Just what we need . . . another President who only cares about themselves. She is like an annoying mosquito. What an embarrassment to the Party and to women (especially when she snarfed that shot with a beer backer). As far as Florida and Michigan go, the voters should be mad at the panel making those decision to not abide by the rules. Florida had plenty of time to get their voting system fixed before this primary. Trying to get all this figured out is like "herding cats".

Back