Drivers now being fined... for idling their engines

But what is wrong with switching your engine off rather than leave it idling?

It uses less fuel and causes less polution which is a good thing whatever your views on climate change

Unless you are a mad neocon (apologies for the tautology)

Because we live in a free country. Here in America we are supposed to be free to live our lives as we see fit regardless of how much the choices I make piss you off. You advocate fascism, and you justify it by arguing that your authoritarianism is for our own good. I on the other hand believe in freedom, and no amount of pseudo science will be enough to justify the restriction of that freedom.

Werbung:
Because we live in a free country. Here in America we are supposed to be free to live our lives as we see fit regardless of how much the choices I make piss you off. You advocate fascism, and you justify it by arguing that your authoritarianism is for our own good. I on the other hand believe in freedom, and no amount of pseudo science will be enough to justify the restriction of that freedom.

I want the freedom run my exhaust pipe into your house....don't get in the way of my freedom to pollute any place any time I wish! don't worry it will not do anything, if you think it would...thats just pseudo science!

Because we live in a free country. Here in America we are supposed to be free to live our lives as we see fit regardless of how much the choices I make piss you off.

I'll remember that next time I'm sitting in a theatre and I need to rip a fart. Sure I could excuse myself and go to the bathroom, but why bother, since this is America and I'm free to live my life as I see fit regardless of how much the choices I make piss you off.

Besides, the smell, like exhaust, dissipates in time.

God, I hope you're sitting next to me.

Once again, be careful about what jokes you tell about liberal climate whackos. It won't be long before they are DOING what you joked about... and in all seriousness!

Remember the Super Bowl commercial about a farcical environmental "Green Police" force, busting people for putting orange rinds in the wrong place, asking for plastic instead of paper, etc.? It was hilarious, and became one of the most enjoyed commercials in a game noteworthy for its well-done, humorous ads.

Someone in England apparently decided it was an instruction manual instead of a joke. And being in the government, he actually had the power to DO it... and did!

Coming soon to a national Congress near you! If you keep voting for whacko extremists like the ones in there now.

---------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-fine-leaving-engine-running-parked.html

Drivers face fine for leaving engines running while parked... because it harms environment

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:18 PM on 02nd March 2010

Drivers who leave their car engines running while their car is parked face being fined as part of a new town hall initiative.

North Lincolnshire Council will issue £20 tickets to ‘irresponsible drivers who are not considering the environment’. They say it will help reduce carbon dioxide emissions and tackle climate change.

Other councils across Britain are also considering introducing similar laws after being set air quality targets by ministers in Whitehall.

But why would you want to leave your engine idling if there is a chance someone can come up and steal your car from your driveway? I leave my car idling but that is my choice. Who cares what Britain thinks and there is no way that is even happening here by a long shot. Some of you on the right really have gotten the be jesus scared out of you by the environmentalist in this country and that right there is funny.

I want the freedom run my exhaust pipe into your house....don't get in the way of my freedom to pollute any place any time I wish! don't worry it will not do anything, if you think it would...thats just pseudo science!

I'll remember that next time I'm sitting in a theatre and I need to rip a fart. Sure I could excuse myself and go to the bathroom, but why bother, since this is America and I'm free to live my life as I see fit regardless of how much the choices I make piss you off.

Besides, the smell, like exhaust, dissipates in time.

God, I hope you're sitting next to me.

Both of you are taking this way beyond what I said. You act as if I'm saying that the right to own a hammer includes my right to hit you in the face with it. The illusion of "scientific consensus" on whether or not climate change is caused (or influenced in any meaningful way) by human activity, has evaporated. I'm not asking for permission to take any kind of actions directly against either of you. Your immediate leap to such a ridiculous defense is just more evidence that the left has nothing better than straw man arguments to support their causes. You advocate control of every little decision that every single American citizen makes through the federal government. I think that if you are going to start telling people how to live at gunpoint, you better have more going for you than the debacle of the so called "scientific consensus".

Werbung:
But why would you want to leave your engine idling if there is a chance someone can come up and steal your car from your driveway? I leave my car idling but that is my choice. Who cares what Britain thinks and there is no way that is even happening here by a long shot. Some of you on the right really have gotten the be jesus scared out of you by the environmentalist in this country and that right there is funny.

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Several states are already issuing tickets to semi trucks for idling longer than five minutes. Issuing similar tickets to ANY vehicle for idling won't be far behind.

Back