Dubai is a parody of the 21st century

Werbung:
Walter with all due respect try making a point when you start a thread. The video you pasted talks about Romania!

So please tell us what you mean by a parody of the 21st century. The UAE attempted with some success to diversify their economy. Mistakes were made and money was wasted but why should I care?

No. Only in the beginning he talks about Romania, later about Dubau. This is called "comparison" :D

There is nothing at all similar between Romania under Ceaușescu and Dubai today. It is a moronic comparison.

Dubai is a super clean place with excellent services and infrastructure and almost no crime. Romania even today is a crappy 2nd rate country. Romania is not a major oil producing country either.

The 2 places you would compare to Dubai are Kuwait a similar gulf country that made no major attempts to diversify their economy and
Shenzhen China which was a successful example of government investment there.

Still not sure what the point of the thread is. A parody of what?

You obviously have problems with understanding the video and I do not have the time to interpret it for you in detail.

So be an ass about it?

What about the infrastructure spending in 1980s Romania that has any damn thing to compare with Dubai? There are $4B 5 star hotels in Romania with Olympic sized ski slopes?

Romania is like a third world country.

All I wanted you to do was explain your purpose and point a little better. I could take the libtard angle and call you an anti Muslim bigot I guess.

The video was made by an anti development environmentalist moron!

This is the racism of climate change. The people in a country like UAE have no right to develop and modernize. They are supposed to impoverish themselves, stop drilling for oil and ride camels.

Dubai's development has not been perfect to be sure but I'm not sure why somebody would particularly target that country. There are a lot of really crappy places out there I would never visit but I would like to visit the UAE.

I mentioned Shenzhen. That city in 1980 was a fishing village of 30,000 people. The Chinese built it into an ultra modern city of 17 million in a little over 30 years. The GDP of Shenzhen is half a trillion dollars and it is the tech capital of china.

There is something to be learned from these developments.

The UAE is one of my bucket list places to visit but probably more for Abu Dhabi than Dubai. Abu Dhabi is the more authentic cultural experience but we have a cousin who works as a nurse in Dubai.

My wife and I were talking about this today actually. She is from the Philippines and we visit there every other year though we missed a year because of Covid. We have had layovers in Osaka, Hong Kong and Nagoya for what that is worth for world travel.

We talked about going some place very different a once in a lifetime trip and Arabia is at the top of that list.

I'm just not getting why somebody cares very much about the place. It's not my tax dollars that were used to develop it.

Werbung:
So there is more freedom in Dubai than most Muslim countries.

Dubai is the 4th most visited city in the world. Nobody visits Kuwait.
Yes Indeed. I have spent a lot of time with younger muslims in the 19 to 35 year old range mostly Saudi men.
When they come to the usa many not all often use drugs chase non Muslim women drink booze and eat foods that are banned to them normally. Some gambled .As they told me no one was there to see them do lt . I am sure from what 8 have heard about Dubai that some of that goes in there.
Now the school I worked for at the time had a few thousand students from the middle east.
The majority 9f issues I had to deal with was then getting drunk for the first time and acting up. Parking and moving violations and drug use and a few bad cases 9f mental health issues.
The one kid ended up leading to a major supplier of cocaine In Miami and a local supplier who was selling Adderall and kind bud which he was growing.

Back