Economic Patriotism

Regarding Perot, I guess I'm the only one who thinks this so I should have explained at first, LOL.

I know that the exit polls at the time showed that Perot drained as many votes from Clinton as from Bush, I don't believe that but I have no scientific study to prove otherwise. But, to my way of thinking, Perot helps Clinton and then Clinton gets Perot's airport named as a NAFTA site, meaning that Perot made money off of goods brought into the country from foreign manufacturers which could have been made here instead.

Werbung:
Regarding Perot, I guess I'm the only one who thinks this so I should have explained at first, LOL.

I know that the exit polls at the time showed that Perot drained as many votes from Clinton as from Bush, I don't believe that but I have no scientific study to prove otherwise. But, to my way of thinking, Perot helps Clinton and then Clinton gets Perot's airport named as a NAFTA site, meaning that Perot made money off of goods brought into the country from foreign manufacturers which could have been made here instead.

I think mainly he took focus off the recovery that was unfolding in the summer before the election and put it on NAFTA. That hurt Bush I since it was all he had to sell.

Werbung:
Thar She Blows… Obama Torpedoes Flag Cruise Industry

Don’t look now but the Obama Administration torpedoed the American Flagship project’s long-planned, private sector funded initiative to build cruise ships here in America.

As Royal Caribbean Cruises confidently orders its third Finnish-government-financed Oasis-class ship, the Obama Administration slams the door on American competition in this $40 billion-a-year industry supported almost entirely by US passenger revenues. The American Flagship project claims Obama bulldozed its long-planned, private sector funded, job-creating initiative – perhaps to spur already prolific foreign-flag campaign contributions.​

Back