Economic Solution

Okay ... I gave everyone an extra day ... but it's clear no one wants to brainstorm a solution to our dire economic situation.

So, since you are all living in your fantasy that everything will just be okay for everyone ... I'll live in my fantasy that we can all get rich winning NBA bets based on my super psychological powers of analysis.

So, here it is, your first NBA pick: 2/09/09 HOU @ MIL .. take HOU against the spread.

Yes, here comes our first fantasy win -- we're all gonna be rich!

Well some have already given answers. It's just answers you reject. You have setup a world view where a system that has worked amazingly well for 150 years or more, and has worked in every country where it's tried, can't be the solution. Thus, since all other solutions have failed, you have created a no-win world view.

Werbung:
Well some have already given answers. It's just answers you reject. You have setup a world view where a system that has worked amazingly well for 150 years or more, and has worked in every country where it's tried, can't be the solution. Thus, since all other solutions have failed, you have created a no-win world view.
No one has given "answers" to the questions I posed.

Your projection here is no different.

When you can extract yourself from the bowels of the system that blinds your eyes to its excrement, then your fantasy worldview of finding wins where there are so many more loses that outweigh them so greatly will come to a painful end.

Speaking of fantasies -- my pick, HOU, won tonight! ... (No they didn't) ... They most certainly did too! ... (Uh, no they didn't) ... Yes they did -- your negative worldview just won't let you see it! We're on our way to riches! ... (Uh ... never mind.)

No one has given "answers" to the questions I posed.

Your projection here is no different.

When you can extract yourself from the bowels of the system that blinds your eyes to its excrement, then your fantasy worldview of finding wins where there are so many more loses that outweigh them so greatly will come to a painful end.

Speaking of fantasies -- my pick, HOU, won tonight! ... (No they didn't) ... They most certainly did too! ... (Uh, no they didn't) ... Yes they did -- your negative worldview just won't let you see it! We're on our way to riches! ... (Uh ... never mind.)

Yeah, we have given answers. You are just too blind by your ideological constipation to see them. Instead you want to view some mythical world where you can just make your dreams become reality.

KARMA.

Anything that destroys the lies, fear and fake economics that feeds the US War Machine is VERY VERY GOOD NEWS.

Sow the wind

Reap the whirlwind !!

Comrade Stalin

He's lying. Granted that's not a news flash for democrats, but he's lying specifically since the $250K deal wasn't enacted until Oct 3rd. Also, a massive draw down of $550 billion would have at the very least, shown up in financial news and / or Bloomberg market media outlets. Finely, to the best of my knowledge, the federal reserve does not have real time nation wide accounting of all banks. There is no possible way that the federal reserve would even know whether or not $550 billion in bank accounts had been emptied.

Even if they did, nothing in government responds that fast anyway. The federal government doesn't even have $550 Billion sitting in a warehouse somewhere to dump into the system to begin with.

This is simply a democrat attempting to overstate how important their existence is to our nation. So he invented this secret crisis that the federal reserve heroically averted. This is just another way of trying to play up that our economy is incredibly fragile (it isn't) and we really need these democrats and their bailout (we don't).

In truth, the only thing government does is screw everything up. The more they mess with it, the more messed up it becomes. It was government regulations that led to sub-prime loans. It was government control that led to the stock market going into free fall.

I'd be surprised if one could even come up with a single instance where government intervention had any positive effect ever.
The more perfect the story, the more likely it's a lie or fabrication. Yes, he's a little fuzzy on the timeline as it didn't all happen in a day, but it started in earnest on a specific day:

2203640120073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

2484580180073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

2964047560073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes, the Federal Reserve Bank System (FRBS) does use realtime data to manage the money supply, much like the screens that you see at the NYSE. They don't supply that online for the rest of us to watch, but they do it. You can, however, see the weekly balance sheets.

I suppose we could add the Slosh Report for the month as well (2 day moving average):

2482330340073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

2800547120073664377S600x600Q85.jpg

Okay ... I gave everyone an extra day ... but it's clear no one wants to brainstorm a solution to our dire economic situation

I know you're fishing for GOP solutions...and proving by their diversions that they in fact have none, but let me offer my own centrist vision of what would save our economy:

Again,

For a period of a year or so, relieve existing homeowners of their mortgage interest...just carte blanche. Uncle Sam reimburses the banks this way, through the little people. Then, home values would stabilize, the bad paper would regain strength, banks would regain their financial strength and no longer fear making loans. Loans to small businesses would start up again, the economy would be stimulated creating new jobs. If they did nothing else in the Bill, this would be the magic bullet. Personally, for now, they should do nothing else but this one thing and funding for alternative energy refurbishing for our infrastructure. OK, so those two things would restore our economy and our national security. Leave money for the ballerinas and national parks for next month's Bills.

AND all that money saved monthly would, in fact, go to spending sprees which would create demand for things like, oh, I don't know, like NEW CARS, furniture, widgets, gadgets and food...all things that would further stimulate the economy and create more jobs, creating more of a tax base and kicking money back to Uncle Sam in the end. I want to buy a new truck, I need to buy a new truck for the business I'm trying to start. But I will take on neither burden if it means having to choose between those payments and keeping my land in these troubled times. There are millions upon millions making the same decisions today. That's why christmas '08 sucked and why christmas '09 will suck too...and all the months between. People are scared shtiless that they will lose their homes if they spend...they've seen it happen to their neighbor for crying out loud.

Both republicans and democrats would gain in this scenario. But the crucial hinge is that they must unclench their tightened fists and let the money go to subsidize mortgage payments for a year or so. And sharing money with the little people is like asking Satan to go take Mass at church. It is a visceral and reflexive revulsion with the rich (politicians).

The GOP would rather die than do this and this is what all the fighting is about since I've heard that a watered-down version of my mortgage-relief plan is in the Bill. The thing is they're going to fiscally die when the economy grinds to a halt, and they cannot even see that masses of poor people suddenly finding "found" money is their key to returned financial strength for themselves. I think if Obama just forced GOP Congressmen to sit down and go through a simple economic lecture and didn't let them out of the classroom until they thoroughly understood the concept of how the little guy having money to spend keeps them rich, we'd have a hella lot more support for this on both sides of the aisle and this Bill would already be Law by now.

I know you're fishing for GOP solutions...and proving by their diversions that they in fact have none, but let me offer my own centrist vision of what would save our economy:
I'm not fishing for (just) GOP solutions at all.

I'm hoping that everyone will transcend their dominant political spectrum paradigm and thereby begin to do some real problem solving.

Again, For a period of a year or so, relieve existing homeowners of their mortgage interest...just carte blanche. ...
ARMs should never have been allowed and should be made illegal from this moment forward.

However, someone has to honor those ARMs or the securities in which they now exist will be (remain) worthless and continue to contribute to the economic downward spiral.

If the government picks up the bill on these, but only for awhile, that won't make the related securities stable -- the slide will continue.

If the government picks up the bill on these, but only for awhile, that won't solve the out-of-work masses problems -- waves of layoffs will continue.

Though I understand the desire to do something in this area, what is truly needed is a more complete systemic solution now that the downward spiral is deeply in process, not a singular or piecemeal approach.

We need a whole lot more changes than just addressing a temporary mortgage interest patch.

We are currently suffering from the effects of the freefall of the past few months ... effects which will beget more freefall regardless of what is done about mortgage interest.

We need to address the individual suffering and we need to stop the freefall.

That requires a huge systemic approach.

What is that approach en complete?

Werbung:
Back