Electric cars have up to a third less range than advertised in real-life conditions

Slant Eyed Polack

Link: Electric cars have up to a third less range than advertised in real-life conditions, investigation finds
  • The battery life of the cars tested was on average 29.9% less than advertised
Electric cars have up to a third less battery life than advertised when driven in real-life conditions, an investigation has found.

The official figures provided by car manufacturers for how many miles an EV can drive on full charge are based on a standardised test done only in warm conditions...

...The magazine mimicked how motorists really use their cars by parking twelve vehicles outside in the cold overnight. The team then drove the cars around a 60-mile test track in Bedfordshire until their batteries died.

...On average, the range of the electric cars was 29.9 per cent less than advertised, with the £57,000 Lexus UX 300e Takumi recording the biggest shortfall – 100 miles less than its official 273-mile figure...

In other breaking news: political promises should not be taken seriously, he won't call the next time he's in town, and she only loves you for your money, Mr. Murdoch.

If someone made a full-sized pickup that could haul 10 sheets of plywood, have a 400 mile range, include the gear I need to charge it at home, and price it around 20k, I'd buy one right now. Until then, trading in my reliable wheels for duracell virtue signaling = stupid on steroids.

Werbung:
So buy a hybrid. Or buy whatever the hell you want to drive. No one is forcing you to buy a new truck or an EV truck. Everyone has always been expected to research their purchases.

I do not think that anyone will sell you a new truck of any description for $20,000 or less. But what do I know?

Yet.

Link: These 9 States Are Banning the Sale of Gas-Powered Cars
More states are following California's lead in ending the sale of new vehicles with internal combustion engines...
There are several species of warthog smarter than you are, it would appear.

They are not banning the sale of gasoline powered vehicles. At most, they are banning the sale of NEW gasoline vehicles.

How long can one keep an internal engine running? The Cubans have shown us the way. They are still cruising about in 1957 Oldsmobiles, Nashes, Hudsons and Studebakers. Or just tune in to Derek at the Vise Grip Garage or Morsky Repair on YouTube.

If you have a gasoline powered truck, just keep it running. Proper maintenance is the key!

There are several species of warthog smarter than you are, it would appear.

They are not banning the sale of gasoline powered vehicles. At most, they are banning the sale of NEW gasoline vehicles.

How long can one keep an internal engine running? The Cubans have shown us the way. They are still cruising about in 1957 Oldsmobiles, Nashes, Hudsons and Studebakers. Or just tune in to Derek at the Vise Grip Garage or Morsky Repair on YouTube.

If you have a gasoline powered truck, just keep it running. Proper maintenance is the key!
It's amusing - in a "look at the village idiot" kind of way - that you're incapable of having an adult discussion without the 2nd grade name calling. Dumping you into the "ignore" sewer now, along with a couple of other turds. Sayonara!

Werbung:
What you started was in no way an adult discussion. No state has banned the sale of gasoline vehicles.

Back