Europe Tells Britain: Don't Say 'muslims'

KingBall

Secret EU guidelines have been drawn up warning governments not to link Islam and terrorism.

The politically correct directives are believed to be behind ministers not using words such as “Muslim’’ about Britain’s terrorism crisis.

Yesterday the Daily Express reported how Gordon Brown’s ministers had been told to avoid inflammatory language when speaking about the attempted car bomb attacks in London and Glasgow.

Neither the Prime Minister in a major interview nor Home Secretary Jacqui Smith in the Commons referred to Muslims or Islam.

Last night critics pointed to a classified EU document sent out to all European governments offering “non-offensive’’ phrases to use when discussing terrorism.

Banned terms were said to include “jihad’’, “Islamic’’ or “fundamentalist”.

EU officials said the “common lexicon’’ aimed to stop the distortion of the Muslim faith and alienation of its followers in Europe. European governments had previously agreed on the need to develop a “non-emotive lexicon’’ for use in discussion to avoid “exacerbating division’’.

Gerard Batten, a UK Independence Party MEP, claimed Ms Smith’s statement was “evidence that the Government is now cutting its suit to suit the European Commission’s cloth’’. He is demanding that the full lexicon be published.

But the Home Office insisted: “The Home Secretary uses her own words. She did not draw on any other source.’’

Even Labour former Foreign Office Minister Denis MacShane said yesterday that “Islamist’’ was an “accurate description’’ of the ideology behind the terror attacks.

And Conservative MP Philip Davies said: “Whatever your view on particular words, surely everyone should agree it is completely unacceptable for people in Brussels who have already interfered too much in our lives to start to tell us what words we can and can’t use.

“If we believe in anything in this country we should believe in free speech. If we are allowing the EU to dictate to us on this, most people would find that horrifying.’’

Hugo Robinson, of Open Europe thinktank, said: “Brussels has no place telling national governments how they should deal with the real and immediate threat of terrorism: The EU’s so-called non-emotive lexicon won’t do anything to stop dangerous extremists targeting Britain.’’

A Foreign Office source insisted the “common lexicon’’ was not an exercise in “political correctness’’ but an attempt to find a “common vocabulary and definitions’’ for statements about terrorism.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12236

Werbung:
Thats kind of pathetic, if its Muslims commiting the acts, then say it is. All this political correctness. Make sure you don't say its ALL muslims etc. but what are people supposed to do, blame a bunch of Christians or something after an attack?

This is what you get when you give up your national sovereignty. Hopefully Americans, Mexicans, and Canadians are paying attention so that we don't get suckered into the same mess.

Just goes to show what a sad state Europe is in in some ways. You start off with a good strong common market and trade bloc, and next thing you know carrots are fruit and Islamic terrorists aren't Muslims...:confused: :confused:

There's certainly a line between protecting peaceful Muslims from persecution and obscuring the facts and the Europeans have crossed it.

Oh well. "Messed up" has been Europe's status quo since the Roman Empire started to fall, so I guess this isn't too surprising.

When we bomb civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan, we don't say 'Christians bombed.' And I have never heard the KKK referred to as a 'Christian group,' but it is. You may not agree with their beliefs, but they do claim to be practicing Christianity.

When we bomb civilians in Iraq or Afghanistan, we don't say 'Christians bombed.' And I have never heard the KKK referred to as a 'Christian group,' but it is. You may not agree with their beliefs, but they do claim to be practicing Christianity.

Muslims killed more people on 9/11 than the KKK has killed in the last century.

And the U.S. military isn't "Christian".

It is, but only in the sense that the majority of its members are Christian. It is not an explicitly Christian institution as such, just as the U.S. government is not an explicitly Christian institution. (I am not sufficiently familiar with the KKK to judge whether it's explicitly Christian or not, though its worth pointing out that mainstream Christians are fairly vocal in their condemnation of violence and cruelty wrought in the name of their God -- witness the reaction of mainstream Christians against the Westboro lunatics for a good example of this).

This is not true of terrorist organizations, which are explicitly Islamic in their utterances and which enjoy the backing of explicitly Islamic governments.

history

There's certainly a line between protecting peaceful Muslims from persecution and obscuring the facts and the Europeans have crossed it.

Oh well. "Messed up" has been Europe's status quo since the Roman Empire started to fall, so I guess this isn't too surprising.

At least Europe has a history that dates back further than last tuesday, unlike some other countries I could mention.

evil christians

(I am not sufficiently familiar with the KKK to judge whether it's explicitly Christian or not, though its worth pointing out that mainstream Christians are fairly vocal in their condemnation of violence and cruelty wrought in the name of their God -- witness the reaction of mainstream Christians against the Westboro lunatics for a good example of this).

http://www.religioustolerance.org/cr_ident.htm
If you check out this site there's a lot on Christian extremists:
The largest Christian Identity movement has traditionally been the Ku Klux Klan which was reorganized in 1915 by William Simmons, a Christian pastor. He had been inspired by the film The Birth of a Nation which portrayed the KKK as a champion of white civilization. The KKK slid into obscurity by the second World War, but was revitalized in the mid 1950's as a reaction to enforced racial integration in the southern US.

Other current organizations which follow Christian Identity beliefs are: American Nazi Party; Aryan Nations; Church of Jesus Christ Christian, Aryan Nations; Confederate Hammerskins; Jubilee, National Association for the Advancement of White People; The Order; radical modern offshoots of the original Posse Comitatus; Scriptures for America, White Aryan Resistance (WAR) and White Separatist Banner. Many small groups fade in and out of existence frequently.

"Kill'em all, and let God sort'em out!"

I always liked that one.:D

Now, does this mean we won't be able to sing "Onward Christian Soldiers" anymore?

Theres so many things I would love Britain to tell Europe, I just expect nine out of ten words would be filtered.

Werbung:
What ridiculous attempts to steal further from our British nationality!!!

If a person attacks another, be it state or individual, they are identified, and when they insist on hiding behind their religion to cover up their jealousy for what Britain has achieved they should expect no less than to be branded as Muslim Terrorists!

James Stinson

Back