Fairness Doctrine hammered 309-115

KingBall

This is great news!!!:)

The House voted overwhelmingly Thursday to prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from using taxpayer dollars to impose the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters who feature conservative radio hosts such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

By a vote of 309-115, lawmakers amended the Financial Services and General Government appropriations bill to bar the FCC from requiring broadcasters to balance conservative content with liberal programming such as Air America.

The vote count was partly a testament to the influence that radio hosts wield in many congressional districts.

It was also a rebuke to Democratic senators and policy experts who have voiced support this week for regulating talk radio.

House Democrats argued that it was merely a Republican political stunt because there is little danger of the FCC restricting conservative radio while George W. Bush is president.

Republicans counter that they are worried about new regulations if a Democrat wins the White House in 2008.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/fairness-doctrine-hammered-309-115-2007-06-28.html

Werbung:
My whole problem with the Fairness Doctrine is that liberals only want to extend it to talk radio -- the only part of the media that leans right. Everywhere else: nightly news, Hollywood, schools/universities all make Justinian look like Chairman Mao.

Despite me lumping him together with Steveox, and sarcastically calling them both my favorite posters on HOP, his comments were usually totally out of line.
About the fairness doctrine, it is censorship in my book. Leave the media alone, except they need to report the truth, or say before hand if something is an editorial.

My whole problem with the Fairness Doctrine is that liberals only want to extend it to talk radio -- the only part of the media that leans right. Everywhere else: nightly news, Hollywood, schools/universities all make Justinian look like Chairman Mao.

So...the Conservatives already extend it to NPR and PBS...but, well...they're liberal.

Werbung:
The Fairness Doctrine as Censorship

There are 2 big legs of the liberal platform that rely on censoring free speech:
Political Correctness and The Fairness Doctrine.

Anyway you spin PC and FD, you wind up with someone's speech being censored.

Join me, if you are so inclined, in saying "Hell No" to PC and FD.

Back