First person takes control of their own death under Wa state's Death with Dignity law

Re: First person takes control of their own death under Wa state's Death with Dignity

Your right to life never ends just like it never begins. No one should take your life from you but you can give it up free if you want. It just should never be taken away from you because another person decided you are not valuable or worth living.

Do you believe this is true even if a person is being kept alive artificially by machines and other hi-tech methods?

This person would be dead if this were the year 1980. Furthermore, what if the cost of keeping the sick person alive is placing a heavy financial burden on the rest of society - so much of a financial burden that we must stop other vital public services like firefighters and police. Is keeping a sick person alive using machines and technology the highest of all societal obligations and priorities?

That is a hard position to defend when programs like pre-natal health care programs must be cut so grandpa can stay alive on machines.

Werbung:
Re: First person takes control of their own death under Wa state's Death with Dignity

Shotguns are more deadly than handguns? I dont know much about guns but the people who want to ban hand guns have always said how dangerous they are, I always figured they must be more dangerous.

ok back to topic

Good to know a shot gun is better for suicide than a handgun, I would have thought the hand gun was better.

Come on Pandora, a mature, heterosexual, man with a sexy wife who must shop for a Christmas present from Victoria's Secret must become familiar with terms like Teddy, Babydoll, Camisole. Cami Shorts. Thong, Negligee, Nightgown, Nightshirt, and Peignoir. We must also understand how the thing is removed and various other things, like hidden trap doors!:eek:

I think it is only fair that you should make yourself familiar with terms like revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, derringer, rifles, and shotguns. Handguns is a more generic term - something like lingerie.

Someday, some man in your life may tell you he wants a Glock pistol for Christmas - and you don't want to walk into the gun shop looking and talking you are some sort of gun control advocate.

It's kind of like the same thing as when some man walks into Victoria's Secret and the clerk as, "Can I help you find something?". Just running out of the shop is NOT cool.:D

what about trusting the free market? :)

There you go. Anyone who insists on keeping a terminal patient alive after said patient has expressed a desire to die would have to pay the medical bills, every cent. There would be few standing in the way of death with dignity then.

Do you believe this is true even if a person is being kept alive artificially by machines and other hi-tech methods?

This person would be dead if this were the year 1980. Furthermore, what if the cost of keeping the sick person alive is placing a heavy financial burden on the rest of society - so much of a financial burden that we must stop other vital public services like firefighters and police. Is keeping a sick person alive using machines and technology the highest of all societal obligations and priorities?

That is a hard position to defend when programs like pre-natal health care programs must be cut so grandpa can stay alive on machines.

No I do not believe a person being kept alive by MACHINES should be forced to live especially if they don’t even want to live that way. If they state in their will that they don’t want that the thing should be shut off, if they can’t pay for it but want to be kept alive by machines I am unsure of what to do, I have not thought that out.

I think the case with Terri in Florida where they denied her any food or water and let her suffer till she died was horrible disgusting and murder, but I would not have felt the same had she been on some machine that breathed for her because her life was artificial if only maintained by a machine. Food and water are normal things any human being needs to live.

But this right to die thread is different, it’s about people who have to be sound enough to make the decision to die and I am for them having that right I just would like some checks and balances after what I saw happen in Oregon. I think suicide should be legal for anyone, its so stupid that its not.

I am against though this thing happening to that boy in Minnesota. He is of sound mind and he does not want the treatment the state is forcing him to take. If I were dying of cancer I would refuse it also. Some want it and it’s their right some don’t and it should be their right to refuse it. I know his parents are not paying for it, the state is and the state is forcing this kid to take it. I think it’s just wrong, that state irritates me more than most states.

What I find ironic is when this boy was alive but living in his mothers body the state would have no problem with her killing him for any reason, and the state would not have cared that he had no say in his life at that time but the mother loved him enough not to do it.

Now the boy is a young man who knows what he wants and can articulate what he wants and the state is forcing him to do something they think will save his life and the mother is fighting it because she thinks it will hurt him more than help him but her concerns are ignored as is her sons.

Come on Pandora, a mature, heterosexual, man with a sexy wife who must shop for a Christmas present from Victoria's Secret must become familiar with terms like Teddy, Babydoll, Camisole. Cami Shorts. Thong, Negligee, Nightgown, Nightshirt, and Peignoir. We must also understand how the thing is removed and various other things, like hidden trap doors!:eek:

I think it is only fair that you should make yourself familiar with terms like revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, derringer, rifles, and shotguns. Handguns is a more generic term - something like lingerie.

Someday, some man in your life may tell you he wants a Glock pistol for Christmas - and you don't want to walk into the gun shop looking and talking you are some sort of gun control advocate.

It's kind of like the same thing as when some man walks into Victoria's Secret and the clerk as, "Can I help you find something?". Just running out of the shop is NOT cool.:D

Women should by their own panties :)

Werbung:

There you go. Anyone who insists on keeping a terminal patient alive after said patient has expressed a desire to die would have to pay the medical bills, every cent. There would be few standing in the way of death with dignity then.

Are there cases of people who clearly said they dont want to be kept alive by life support and family insisted they would ignore the request?

I dont know of any

Back