Ford to build $1B plant and create 5,000 jobs - in India

Little-Acorn

DAMN those greedy capitalists for believing they shouldn't have to pay some guy $70/hr to put Part A in Slot B all day!

Haven't they learned yet that the purpose of a job isn't to get cars built, it's to support a family?

Just un-American if you ask me.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.france24.com/en/20110906-ford-building-1bn-manufacturing-complex-india

Ford building $1bn manufacturing complex in India

06 September 2011

AFP - US auto giant Ford has started construction on a $1 billion manufacturing and engineering complex in India as it bets on the country to help drive global growth, a company statement said on Tuesday.

The new manufacturing facilities in Sanand in the western state of Gujarat will create 5,000 jobs, and will be able initially to produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines a year, Ford said.

The first vehicles and engines are due to come off the line in 2014.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
DAMN those greedy capitalists for believing they shouldn't have to pay some guy $70/hr to put Part A in Slot B all day!

Haven't they learned yet that the purpose of a job isn't to get cars built, it's to support a family?

Just un-American if you ask me.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.france24.com/en/20110906-ford-building-1bn-manufacturing-complex-india

Ford building $1bn manufacturing complex in India

06 September 2011

AFP - US auto giant Ford has started construction on a $1 billion manufacturing and engineering complex in India as it bets on the country to help drive global growth, a company statement said on Tuesday.

The new manufacturing facilities in Sanand in the western state of Gujarat will create 5,000 jobs, and will be able initially to produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines a year, Ford said.

The first vehicles and engines are due to come off the line in 2014.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

I understand why they are doing it, the unions are choking the life out of business and what remains the stupid government drains. But I hoped better for Ford.

They should only make their cars in a right to work state, If I were ever going to start a business I would only do it in a state like Texas but even then the federal government will be a burden on your back so I am not sure its worth it.

See? Let the job creators keep more of their money, and they create jobs!
Do you complain about Honda, Toyota, and all the other foreign car companies who locate plants here in the US, the country where they plan to sell the vehicles, and employ millions of Americans? Same thing...

Chances are Ford couldn't build and ship their vehicles to India at a price the Indian people would be able/willing to pay. Putting a plant in India means that Indians will purchase and drive Ford's vehicles and the profit from the sales of those vehicles will come back here to the US... Just as the profits from the foreign cars we build here in the US go back to their country of origin.

Smart move on Ford's part... build the car where you plan to sell it.

I love people who can't think..

the Ford Plant...will be making Ford Cars for...India! you know like how Toyota makes cars...in Carolina....

But I agree they should be making the Ford Fiesta Classic, the Ford Figo, and stuff here in the US...even though they only sell them in India...

Also you know what else is nice about building in India...outside slave price labor ( something it seems some republicans here think we should all work for) ..zero Health care cost for the workers...after all..they have single payer health care.

I understand why they are doing it, the unions are choking the life out of business and what remains the stupid government drains. But I hoped better for Ford.

They should only make their cars in a right to work state, If I were ever going to start a business I would only do it in a state like Texas but even then the federal government will be a burden on your back so I am not sure its worth it.

well there is a reason Texas leads the nation in Min Wage Jobs...I mean is that not what we should all should strive for?

Union guys make more...they also buy more with that money..if we all make min wage...then who buys the car?

Boeing tried that, govt said no. Wrong of the government of course but they don't care. At least for anothe ryear or so.

well there is a reason Texas leads the nation in Min Wage Jobs...I mean is that not what we should all should strive for?

Union guys make more...they also buy more with that money..if we all make min wage...then who buys the car?

agreed union workers (use the term worker for lack of a better term)
and they bring down the company they work for faster too :)

agreed union workers (use the term worker for lack of a better term)
and they bring down the company they work for faster too :)

bad CEO's bring one down faster and get paid well to do it. Golden Parachutes, Illegal accounting, Huge Raises for doing a bad job...But always blame the workers who do there job because they are crazy enough to want to be able to provide for there family..when they could work for there masters for so much less and should just be happy to serve them.

If not for the Unions...there would be no auto industry as they make huge sacrifices to keep it going just like they did for the airlines..and just like the airlines...when the profits come back..the unions get little back and the top guys rake it in...for the sacrifice of others.

But its Unions fault...we have vacation
Unions fault...we have health care
Unions fault we don't have to work 90 hour work weeks to get by
Unions fault woman can take leave to take care of kids and still have a job after they have them.
Unions fault you get paid overtime
Unions fault the company has to actuly take some steps to make sure you don't die or get very sick from your work.
thanks Unions for ending child labor
Unions fault for medical leave ( sick should be fired!)
Unions are at fault for a generation of workers that with no or little college could live the American dream with a house and 2 cars and live well...because they had a good job...

But of course the right thinks someone working 40 hours a week..should be happy with no health care...and making 13000 a year...wait no,,,,thats to much you should be able to work for less...I mean sure that barly covers a place with walls to live...but hey suck it...CEO's 12 million dollar home ( well one of 5) is just not up to snuff and needs to be 4 times bigger....( but hey at least this one knows how many homes he owns)

bad CEO's bring one down faster and get paid well to do it. Golden Parachutes, Illegal accounting, Huge Raises for doing a bad job...But always blame the workers who do there job because they are crazy enough to want to be able to provide for there family..when they could work for there masters for so much less and should just be happy to serve them.

If not for the Unions...there would be no auto industry as they make huge sacrifices to keep it going just like they did for the airlines..and just like the airlines...when the profits come back..the unions get little back and the top guys rake it in...for the sacrifice of others.

Unions fault woman can take leave to take care of kids and still have a job after they have them.
Unions fault the company has to actuly take some steps to make sure you don't die or get very sick from your work.
Unions are at fault for a generation of workers that with no or little college could live the American dream with a house and 2 cars and live well...because they had a good job...

But of course the right thinks someone working 40 hours a week..should be happy with no health care...and making 13000 a year...wait no,,,,thats to much you should be able to work for less...I mean sure that barly covers a place with walls to live...but hey suck it...CEO's 12 million dollar home ( well one of 5) is just not up to snuff and needs to be 4 times bigger....( but hey at least this one knows how many homes he owns)

Unions started out a very good idea and served a very needed purpose, but since then they have become basically like the mob. Today they have no real value except to democrat politicians and the lazy SOB at work who gets protected.

Werbung:

No one is blaming the worker, but you. We are blaming the ineffectiveness and corruption of unions, which today primarily exist to fund and vote for the D party. But, don't let the truth stop your silly lib dogmatic beliefs.

Question for you pockets: Is the UAW at least partially at fault for the demise of auto worker jobs? If so, why? If not, why?

Back