Gerald Walpin fired for doing his job

Pandora

Kevin Johnson, a friend of obama was being investigated by Gerald Walpin. Walpin uncovered the misuse of $850,000 in AmeriCorps grants by Kevin Johnson. Kevin Johnson is a friend of obama's and when this came out the obama administration told Mr. Walpin back off, when he did not back off he was told quit or get fired, he refused to quit (unlike the head of GM) and was fired.

Not too many people are talking about this in the main stream news but they should be.

There is much more to this story, I hope it all comes out.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/s_629776.html

Werbung:
Kevin Johnson, a friend of obama was being investigated by Gerald Walpin. Walpin uncovered the misuse of $850,000 in AmeriCorps grants by Kevin Johnson. Kevin Johnson is a friend of obama's and when this came out the obama administration told Mr. Walpin back off, when he did not back off he was told quit or get fired, he refused to quit (unlike the head of GM) and was fired.

Not too many people are talking about this in the main stream news but they should be.

There is much more to this story, I hope it all comes out.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/s_629776.html

If this is another Sarah Palin type sob story let me go get a box of tissues.:D

Yep that's it... the guy was a peach... LOL!:D

White House Plays Hardball; Says Fired IG Walpin Was "Confused, Disoriented" Engaged in "Inappropriate Conduct"
June 16, 2009 10:58 PM

In a letter to Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, the Chairman and Ranking Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Norm Eisen, the Special Counsel to the President, outlined a number of reasons why President Obama fired Inspector General Gerald Walpin.

"Mr. Walpin was removed after a review was unanimously requested by the bi-partisan Board of the Corporation," Eisen writes.

In the letter, Eisen paints a less-than-flattering picture of Walpin, whose controversial tenure as Inspector General of the Corporation for National and Community Service ended last week.

Eisen charged that at a May 20, 2009 board meeting Walpin "was confused, disoriented, unable to answer questions and exhibited other behavior that led the Board to question his capacity to serve."

Eisen writes that the President decided to take the step after learning that the Acting US Attorney for the Eastern District of California, Lawrence Brown, "a career prosecutor who was appointed to his post during the Bush Administrator, had filed a complaint about Mr. Walpin's conduct with the oversight body for Inspectors General, including for failing to disclose exculpatory evidence."

The Obama administration "further learned that Mr. Walpin had been absent from the Corporation's headquarters, insisting upon working from his home in New York over the objections of the Corporation's Board; that he had exhibited a lack of candor in providing material information to decision makers; and that he had engaged in other troubling and inappropriate conduct. Mr. Walpin had become unduly disruptive to agency operations, impairing his effectiveness and, for the reasons stated above, losing the confidence of the Board."

There was so much to highlight about how bad this guy was almost the whole damn thing is highlighted.:eek:

I'd go back crying crocodile tears for Caribou Barbie... at least there you have some "she's a victimized woman angle".:D

The spin machine is out and working overtime. I've seen this man. He is not feeble, he is not deserving of this. It is flat out lies, intended to smear a man who is doing his job.

Obama sponsored the law that he has now broke to fire this man. It's a political hatchet job, pure and simple. If the Obama-bots want to use comparisons to any other situations to further belittle Mr. Walpin and support Obama's illegal actions, they are fools, or worse. Liars, one and all. Period.

White House Plays Hardball; Says Fired IG Walpin Was "Confused, Disoriented" Engaged in "Inappropriate Conduct"

In a letter to Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, the Chairman and Ranking Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Norm Eisen, the Special Counsel to the President, outlined a number of reasons why President Obama fired Inspector General Gerald Walpin.

"Mr. Walpin was removed after a review was unanimously requested by the bi-partisan Board of the Corporation," Eisen writes.

In the letter, Eisen paints a less-than-flattering picture of Walpin, whose controversial tenure as Inspector General of the Corporation for National and Community Service ended last week.

Eisen charged that at a May 20, 2009 board meeting Walpin "was confused, disoriented, unable to answer questions and exhibited other behavior that led the Board to question his capacity to serve."

Eisen writes that the President decided to take the step after learning that the Acting US Attorney for the Eastern District of California, Lawrence Brown, "a career prosecutor who was appointed to his post during the Bush Administrator, had filed a complaint about Mr. Walpin's conduct with the oversight body for Inspectors General, including for failing to disclose exculpatory evidence."

The Obama administration "further learned that Mr. Walpin had been absent from the Corporation's headquarters, insisting upon working from his home in New York over the objections of the Corporation's Board; that he had exhibited a lack of candor in providing material information to decision makers; and that he had engaged in other troubling and inappropriate conduct. Mr. Walpin had become unduly disruptive to agency operations, impairing his effectiveness and, for the reasons stated above, losing the confidence of the Board."

There was so much to highlight about how bad this guy was almost the whole damn thing is highlighted.:eek:

I'd go back crying crocodile tears for Caribou Barbie... at least there you have some "she's a victimized woman angle".:D

You dont find it odd that he found obama's friend missusing funds? Not even a tiny bit? Then was fired for it.

Of COURSE not! The Obama-bots never question anything spewing from the mouth of their Supreme Leader.

My boss is a big obama supporter and he admitted this was not right. He didnt go all out and say its flat wrong like you and I are, but he said yeah.. its fishy. Not good, Not good.

Today he also said he was concerned that obama is asking for more executive power. I admit being a bit floored that he was not lock step in line like the rest...

My boss is a big obama supporter and he admitted this was not right. He didnt go all out and say its flat wrong like you and I are, but he said yeah.. its fishy. Not good, Not good.

Today he also said he was concerned that obama is asking for more executive power. I admit being a bit floored that he was not lock step in line like the rest...

The Walpin incident is the type of thing that, IF it gets the exposure it should, will deeply disconcert many Obama "supporters". I can't find the source, but estimates showed that as much as 50% of those who voted for Obama did so simply because he was African American, with no other detailed reasoning. Another 20% was simply because he was the Democrat candidate, with no other detailed reasoning. "Hope" and "change" aside, there are a huge number of supporters who are going to be totally disenchanted with what this situation shows about the true character of the man they have elected.

Your boss is like two of my friends, several of my co-workers, my neighbor, etc. THIS is not what they were voting for. Walpin is just another person to throw under the bus, nothing important on the Obama road to destruction.

The Walpin incident is the type of thing that, IF it gets the exposure it should, will deeply disconcert many Obama "supporters". I can't find the source, but estimates showed that as much as 50% of those who voted for Obama did so simply because he was African American, with no other detailed reasoning. Another 20% was simply because he was the Democrat candidate, with no other detailed reasoning. "Hope" and "change" aside, there are a huge number of supporters who are going to be totally disenchanted with what this situation shows about the true character of the man they have elected.

Your boss is like two of my friends, several of my co-workers, my neighbor, etc. THIS is not what they were voting for. Walpin is just another person to throw under the bus, nothing important on the Obama road to destruction.

I watched this man carefully in an interview today and another interview this morning before work, he is of sound mind. obama and his people are making this guy out to be old, stupid and ready for a nursing home, but a week earlier they wanted him to do a speech for them. Now all the sudden this man reports obama’s basketball buddy for illegally using funds and the obama people say you are fired if you don’t quit and by the way you are old and crazy. No investigation, nothing…

This is horrible to say someone’s mental state is off just because he has shown your friend to have miss used funds.

This is NOT change we can believe in
This is NOT the America I know
I am not just mad anymore, I am seriously becoming afraid of my government.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't Obama vote in favor of the law that requires 30 days notice, and cause, before an IG can be fired??

Seems more than just a bit hypocritical of him to break a law that he voted in favor of, and to not even give the man a chance to defend himself against the charge of being "disoriented".

This guy is an idiot and why people cant see this is unreal!! (Obama supporters)

It IS NOT surprising mainstream media is not covering this!

You dont find it odd that he found obama's friend missusing funds? Not even a tiny bit? Then was fired for it.

I'm looking at the BI-PARTISAN reasons submitted...

Walpin Was "Confused, Disoriented" Engaged in "Inappropriate Conduct"

"Mr. Walpin was removed after a review was unanimously requested by the bi-partisan Board of the Corporation."

I know it's hard for Conservatives to believe but more than one thing can be happening at the same time.:)

The question is not just what President Obama might or might not want... the BI-PARTISAN BOARD OF THE CORPORATION found this guy to be unfit and acting bizarrely.

You would no doubt say forget all that because he might be after some friend of the President... and god knows you'd be all for anything that sounded like that. Maybe we could get another good smear by association thing going like during the campaign.:)

I love America and everyday I think man, what a good President President Obama is! So much better than the Bush travesty it can't be put into words.

I'm looking at the BI-PARTISAN reasons submitted...

Walpin Was "Confused, Disoriented" Engaged in "Inappropriate Conduct"

"Mr. Walpin was removed after a review was unanimously requested by the bi-partisan Board of the Corporation."

I know it's hard for Conservatives to believe but more than one thing can be happening at the same time.:)

The question is not just what President Obama might or might not want... the BI-PARTISAN BOARD OF THE CORPORATION found this guy to be unfit and acting bizarrely.

You would no doubt say forget all that because he might be after some friend of the President... and god knows you'd be all for anything that sounded like that. Maybe we could get another good smear by association thing going like during the campaign.:)

I love America and everyday I think man, what a good President President Obama is! So much better than the Bush travesty it can't be put into words.

I have watched the man a number of times and I can find nothing about him unfit or crazy. But ok I guess this is one thing we have to agree to disagree on.

I am wondering, do you feel Keven Johnson should be investigated by the new person or should we drop it where he is concerned?

whats funny is they cry, the obama supporters never can say he did wrong...but yet when the evidence shows a non partison group called for him to be fired....they can not of course ever admit that maybe he did not do anything wrong. I have stated when I did not agree or had doubts about a Obama move, but never have I see pandora or the many others on he did right or that they where wrong. who are the real "bots"?

Well, the truth finally comes out! Mr. Walpin called the Board to task for "closing" the issue without actually resolving it! When they were afraid that Mr. Walpin would go public about their "sweep it under the rug" attitude about STEALING, they called for him to be fired.

I'm just waiting for the lawsuits to start! Walpin has a damned good case because his firing was in direct violation of Federal Law (didn't I already mention that it's a law that Obama himself voted in favor of?), and it's going to cost someone a buttload of money.

Werbung:
Well, the truth finally comes out! Mr. Walpin called the Board to task for "closing" the issue without actually resolving it! When they were afraid that Mr. Walpin would go public about their "sweep it under the rug" attitude about STEALING, they called for him to be fired.

I'm just waiting for the lawsuits to start! Walpin has a damned good case because his firing was in direct violation of Federal Law (didn't I already mention that it's a law that Obama himself voted in favor of?), and it's going to cost someone a buttload of money.

But the board can do nothing with out obama giving the word. This is all on him. I think smearing a mans sanity is lower than I ever thought even obama could go.

Back