Global Warming might not been a bad thing

steveox

It might be as good thing for earth.Otherwise we might had another major ice age 650 million years ago.May i suggest you rent a DVD called prehistoric disasters.
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Prehistoric_Disasters/70212561?trkid=2361637

So what does Al Gore know about global warming? Hes just an evoinmental politican. Hes not a scientist. If it wasnt for man who invented the Automobile,Air Conditioners and refridgerators It might be an very cool earth right now. Temps were getting cooler in mid 1800s.By inventing automobiles,Air Conditioners and refridgerators it kept us out from another possible ice age.

Werbung:
Since you posted on another thread, about how we might end up, like the Mesozoic Epoch, you might want to review that thread and my reply, to your post, or just go ahead and hit: "P-T extinction."

We are on a path, to challenge that current number one extinction event, for its place, as top killer, of all time.

First, the oceans will acidify, which will kill shellfish, corals, eggs, and little fish. This happens, since the oceans absorb excess CO2, to make H2CO3, carbonic acid, and CaCO3, calcium carbonate.

We will all die off, with the oceanic food chain, but jellyfish will take over, as top ocean predator, while people have to learn how to eat them and carp. But are jellies even edible or for processing? I dunno.

The oceans will warm. Anoxic die-offs will replace acid die-offs, as more CO2 and CH4 out-gas, from the warming oceans. The Earth will become a hell-house. Sea levels will rise, on the order of 70 m.

What's your trip, about 650 m.y.a.? We are chasing the PETM, 56 m.y.a., which we are trying to pass, to get to the P-T extinction, 251+ m.y.a. To get to THAT we will need people, who are every bit as stupid, as people possibly can be. Now why do you suppose that could happen?

Human habitat will fail, from increases in storms, fires, droughts, floods, and sea level rise.

OR, we can radically re-green all desertified and polluted areas. Just saying.

Since you posted on another thread, about how we might end up, like the Mesozoic Epoch, you might want to review that thread and my reply, to your post, or just go ahead and hit: "P-T extinction."

We are on a path, to challenge that current number one extinction event, for its place, as top killer, of all time.

First, the oceans will acidify, which will kill shellfish, corals, eggs, and little fish. This happens, since the oceans absorb excess CO2, to make H2CO3, carbonic acid, and CaCO3, calcium carbonate.

We will all die off, with the oceanic food chain, but jellyfish will take over, as top ocean predator, while people have to learn how to eat them and carp. But are jellies even edible or for processing? I dunno.

The oceans will warm. Anoxic die-offs will replace acid die-offs, as more CO2 and CH4 out-gas, from the warming oceans. The Earth will become a hell-house. Sea levels will rise, on the order of 70 m.

What's your trip, about 650 m.y.a.? We are chasing the PETM, 56 m.y.a., which we are trying to pass, to get to the P-T extinction, 251+ m.y.a. To get to THAT we will need people, who are every bit as stupid, as people possibly can be. Now why do you suppose that could happen?

Human habitat will fail, from increases in storms, fires, droughts, floods, and sea level rise.

OR, we can radically re-green all desertified and polluted areas. Just saying.

Al Gore ? Is that you Al ?

Well under a cool planet we cannot grow friut cause you need a warm climate to grown citus friut. Under a cool planet you wouldnt have palm trees to grow coconuts or tropical nuts and berries. And Hawaii wouldnt be a beautiful place if we had an cool planet.And Colorado would be a cold place for 10 months. And it would get cold in Florida,Hawaii and in Mexico.

No, dt, this isn't Al or his sock.

Al Gore wants money, to jerk around, with carbon credits; I want radical re-greening.

Al Gore wants money, for his book, movie, and lectures. Al Gore wouldn't go, for legal hemp, industrial or marijuana, the whole time he was in office and thereafter.

I want legal pot AND hemp, and I want to grow hemp, algae, and switchgrass, to process ethanol, by ultrasound, and to make all kinds of other products, including lite, termite-resistant calcified hemp, for construction, with a lot of hemp cloth and paper, and hemp seed oil, for our failing food supplies.

I also want to re-green deserts and polluted areas, and I want Al Gore to STFU and go back to his farm, to grow some POT, without collecting subsidies, finally, and he can take the black Obamney family, with him. It looks like a dead-heat sack-race, for the Presidency, but momentum favors white Obamney.

SO, Steve! You ignored what I wrote, about ocean acidification and other unfavorable aspects, of climate change. Since bees are dying, in hive collapse syndrome, maybe we get to have all your fruit trees, with fruit on them. Maybe not. Feel that sting, in your eyes? That may be part nitric acid, part carbonic acid, and with pesticides, this will give bees and other critters a lot of trouble. We don't need more CO2, than 280 ppm.

But CO2 is already up to 400 ppm, and it is headed, for 1000 ppm. Good luck, with your trees, since droughts and floods will alternate, which will make trees vulnerable, to beetle infestations and wildfires. Just saying!

Your perfect CO2 world doesn't exist, outside a bottle of Pepsi Cola.

I see you also ignored, how Colorado had a bit of a wildfire problem, in the last couple of months, and the fire season isn't over. Maybe nobody will fire up all those beetle-weakened trees, in August, hey.

No, dt, this isn't Al or his sock.

Al Gore wants money, to jerk around, with carbon credits; I want radical re-greening.

Al Gore wants money, for his book, movie, and lectures. Al Gore wouldn't go, for legal hemp, industrial or marijuana, the whole time he was in office and thereafter.

I want legal pot AND hemp, and I want to grow hemp, algae, and switchgrass, to process ethanol, by ultrasound, and to make all kinds of other products, including lite, termite-resistant calcified hemp, for construction, with a lot of hemp cloth and paper, and hemp seed oil, for our failing food supplies.

I also want to re-green deserts and polluted areas, and I want Al Gore to STFU and go back to his farm, to grow some POT, without collecting subsidies, finally, and he can take the black Obamney family, with him. It looks like a dead-heat sack-race, for the Presidency, but momentum favors white Obamney.

SO, Steve! You ignored what I wrote, about ocean acidification and other unfavorable aspects, of climate change. Since bees are dying, in hive collapse syndrome, maybe we get to have all your fruit trees, with fruit on them. Maybe not. Feel that sting, in your eyes? That may be part nitric acid, part carbonic acid, and with pesticides, this will give bees and other critters a lot of trouble. We don't need more CO2, than 280 ppm.

But CO2 is already up to 400 ppm, and it is headed, for 1000 ppm. Good luck, with your trees, since droughts and floods will alternate, which will make trees vulnerable, to beetle infestations and wildfires. Just saying!

Your perfect CO2 world doesn't exist, outside a bottle of Pepsi Cola.

I see you also ignored, how Colorado had a bit of a wildfire problem, in the last couple of months, and the fire season isn't over. Maybe nobody will fire up all those beetle-weakened trees, in August, hey.

you are far more alarmist than even Al and I suspect I know why now.

Bob i didnt ignore it. Earth was once a tropical planet back in the Mesozoic era. We had friut food water to drink. I hate cold snowy winters. I hate to drive in the snow!

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that the Global Warmers were the one's to start those fires in the first place.

I would like to see one shred of evidence from the warmers that credibly suggests that the present temperature is the optimum for life on this planet.

I would like to see one shred of evidence from the warmers that credibly suggests that the present temperature is the optimum for life on this planet.

Why in the world would you want THAT? We won't be staying, where we are.

We will be warming. But we will also go through climatic transformations, which will make our current rate of extinction, somewhat above 100x normal, into something like 1000x normal, so we undergo Mass Extinction Event 6, which will likely pass the PETM extinction, to challenge the P-T extinction, for top killer, of all time.

Some of you have a very distorted perception, of where we are and where we are headed and how fast we can get, to someplace unpleasant.

Why in the world would you want to go through oceanic acidification, die-offs, then oceanic warming, out-gassing of CO2 and CH4, then anoxic events, so the current species and families fail, while those on land fail or nearly fail?

We will be warming. But we will also go through climatic transformations, which will make our current rate of extinction, somewhat above 100x normal, into something like 1000x normal, so we undergo Mass Extinction Event 6, which will likely pass the PETM extinction, to challenge the P-T extinction, for top killer, of all time.

Current rate of extinction? Our current rate of extinction is practically zero other than a couple of species that were hunted to extinction. What you haven't seem to have learned from paleohistory is that biological diversity expands during warm periods and contracts during cold. If ther is to be a mass extinction event at the end of this warming cycle, it will be at least 750,000 years in the future. Take a look at the past if you want to see the future.

Why in the world would you want to go through oceanic acidification, die-offs, then oceanic warming, out-gassing of CO2 and CH4, then anoxic events, so the current species and families fail, while those on land fail or nearly fail?

Most of the life in the oceans evolved when atmospheric CO2 levels were in the 2000 ppm range or higher. At present, the atmosphere is positively starved for CO2 relative to the history of the earth. Don't be afraid, nothing is happening that hasn't happened over and over and over and nothing we can do is going to change the global cycles in the least.

Now, about that single law of physics that predicts and supports a greenhouse effect as claimed by climate science. Got anything yet?

damn that science Pale ! it messes up so many memes

True, science is a bummer. It would be so much easier if you could just wave your hands and type in ALLCAPS and make it so. That extinction bit is one of my favorites. They say present extinction rates as if animals were actually going extinct at some unheard of rate. If they bothered to look they might see that a real danger to bats and migratory birds these days are wind turbines. There is a real chance that some species of bats will be driven to extinction by those useless machines, not to mention the decimation of the raptor population.

I cancelled my long time subscription to Autobon because they have stood silent for to long on the numbers of raptors dying in those blades.

Not to mention all those solar panels out in the desert frying up all the desert tortises, which are protected.

Werbung:
True, science is a bummer. It would be so much easier if you could just wave your hands and type in ALLCAPS and make it so. That extinction bit is one of my favorites. They say present extinction rates as if animals were actually going extinct at some unheard of rate. If they bothered to look they might see that a real danger to bats and migratory birds these days are wind turbines. There is a real chance that some species of bats will be driven to extinction by those useless machines, not to mention the decimation of the raptor population.

I cancelled my long time subscription to Autobon because they have stood silent for to long on the numbers of raptors dying in those blades.

it is a shame they turned their backs on raptor loss. too bad that politics trumps principle.

Back