God Bless The TSA

Werbung:
I doubt that TSA has a policy of confiscating chopsticks. I find it rather difficult to believe that they did so in this case.

Mr Miyagi was adept at catching flies with chopsticks, as I recall. A sharpened 4H pencil could do as much damage as a chopstick, perhaps more.

Werbung:
I remember my 1st flight after 9/11. It was summer, and I tan easily. My hair was jet black & I had a full beard. It would have not been unreasonable to have pegged me as Middle Eastern. I was honestly expecting to be taken aside. At the time I would have been encouraged, that they were taking things seriously. Nobody gave me a second glance. It was kind of jaw dropping to watch them put a frail, elderly man on a walker thru the wringer. He was accompanied by his adult daughter, who was a little upset about it. One of the agents shouted at her "BACK OFF RIGHT NOW MA'AM!" I was incredulous and said "Seriously, bro?"

"That goes for you too, Sport!"

He called me Sport.

Nearly a quarter century later, TSA is just another sprawling bureaucracy. At best. At worst, it's a joke. And not one that makes anyone laugh. Let's see how private contractors do.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."
~ Ronaldus Magnus

Back