Gov. Beverly Perdue (D-NC): We should cancel the elections

Funny how this starts are a rant against 1 dem, who you can tell is just frustrated with the system...so it because..a attack on all liberals ( because all must believe this?) and by end of the thread...many are all talking about throwing out the whole system...

Take the money out of Politics, and so much will fix itself...but i know..we have to make sure Mr Exxon gets his Billions in free speech to override the rest of us...because you know he is a person...a person who has no responsibility just all the benefits of being a person,

Werbung:
Funny how this starts are a rant against 1 dem, who you can tell is just frustrated with the system...so it because..a attack on all liberals ( because all must believe this?) and by end of the thread...many are all talking about throwing out the whole system...

Take the money out of Politics, and so much will fix itself...but i know..we have to make sure Mr Exxon gets his Billions in free speech to override the rest of us...because you know he is a person...a person who has no responsibility just all the benefits of being a person,

Is it your assertion that money didn't dominate in politics before corporations were allowed to make contributions?

If politicians were not able to reward their friends and punish their foes through the power of government, money would cease to be an issue in politics as nobody would see the need to pay for favors from one group or protection form another.

Is it your assertion that money didn't dominate in politics before corporations were allowed to make contributions?

It is that it made things worse, the main point is money out of politics as much as can, and that is a big start. After money then its a education population...so they don't elect idiots to office again.

If politicians were not able to reward their friends and punish their foes through the power of government, money would cease to be an issue in politics as nobody would see the need to pay for favors from one group or protection form another.

and that is bad? I honestly dont know, knowing you, maybe you think thats a good thing.

It is that it made things worse, the main point is money out of politics as much as can, and that is a big start. After money then its a education population...so they don't elect idiots to office again.

Why did it make it worse? What is so bad about a company like Exxon giving to campaigns? Even if they couldn't write a check outright, they could simply form a PAC (which they all have) to give anyway.

Yes, PACs are still limited, but they have a lot more flexibility than just a person maxing out.

I see no reason to get money out of politics. There is always a counter balance on the other side anyway. Most companies give to everyone, or always to the incumbent, regardless of Party.

and that is bad? I honestly dont know, knowing you, maybe you think thats a good thing.

Take away government's power to reward some and punish others and the money goes away. You can't get the money out of politics without eliminating the reason the money is being funneled there in the first place. Pretending that you can somehow get the money out while allowing government to keep it's power to reward and punish is an attempt to address the symptom while ignoring the disease.

Why did it make it worse? What is so bad about a company like Exxon giving to campaigns? Even if they couldn't write a check outright, they could simply form a PAC (which they all have) to give anyway.

Yes, PACs are still limited, but they have a lot more flexibility than just a person maxing out.

I see no reason to get money out of politics. There is always a counter balance on the other side anyway. Most companies give to everyone, or always to the incumbent, regardless of Party.

because ideas should win, not money. If you want politicians to listen to the people, then you have to make them go to the people...not just those with the most free speech to buy.

because ideas should win, not money. If you want politicians to listen to the people, then you have to make them go to the people...not just those with the most free speech to buy.

People give money to candidates that support their ideas....ideas do win.

Take away government's power to reward some and punish others and the money goes away. You can't get the money out of politics without eliminating the reason the money is being funneled there in the first place. Pretending that you can somehow get the money out while allowing government to keep it's power to reward and punish is an attempt to address the symptom while ignoring the disease.

Yes. Stating that another way; "limit the size and power of government..."

....funny....that is what the Constitution was PERFECTLY designed to do.

If the stinking omnipresent, over sized, tyrannical and ineffective federal government was reduced to it's intended size, money in politics would be nearly eliminated.

Call me an EXTREMIST and RACIST for believing that...:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Yes. Stating that another way; "limit the size and power of government..."

....funny....that is what the Constitution was PERFECTLY designed to do.

If the stinking omnipresent, over sized, tyrannical and ineffective federal government was reduced to it's intended size, money in politics would be nearly eliminated.

Call me an EXTREMIST and RACIST for believing that...:rolleyes:

What is your obsession with "racism?"
You bring it into anything and everything!

You know the expression: "He who protests too much?"

Back