Guess who voted against ratification of Sweden and Finland’s applications for NATO membership

I would be interested in knowing why it is so important for Finland and Sweden to be in NATO after all these years. Perhaps somebody could address that. Walter started this thread.

It was not essential those 2 small countries were in NATO back when we had the Soviet union but now today it is essential? The combined population of the Soviet union and the Warsaw pact countries was almost 450 million. Russia and it's few lame allies today is half the population and GDP. So please explain.

The purpose of this thread is not to promote peace defense. It is to slander Trump, republicans and Trump supporters by associating them with Putin.

Now that you have had your asses handed to you on that account you could save face by making a case for Finland in NATO. I have no problem with that.

Werbung:
Another point of discussion if any of you care to bother is to convince me why the USA a country thousands of miles away with worldwide military commitments should provide for 50% or more of the national defense of rich white European countries?

How about pulling your own weight?

Sweden and Finland right now spend about 1.4% of their GDP in defense spending so id they want to join NATO they need to do more.

You people hate Trump because he stood up for his country.

So no response to my asking why Finland and Sweden have to join NATO? Just some cheap ass attempt to associate conservatives with Putin!

The thread is dead but it sits at the top of the heap because the person who started the thread runs the forum. Yippee.

Know your history and know your geography. In the cold war era it was not just Russia. It was the Soviet union which was Russia plus 14 other countries. The soviet Union was allied with the Warsaw pact countries of Eastern Europe.

Membership
  • 22px-Flag_of_Albania_%281946%E2%80%931992%29.svg.png
    Albania[a]
  • 22px-Flag_of_Bulgaria_%281971%E2%80%931990%29.svg.png
    Bulgaria
  • 22px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
    Czechoslovakia
  • 22px-Flag_of_East_Germany.svg.png
    East Germanyhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact#cite_note-2
    [*]
    22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png
    Hungary
    [*]
    22px-Flag_of_Poland_%281927%E2%80%931980%29.svg.png
    Poland
    [*]
    22px-Flag_of_Romania_%281965%E2%80%931989%29.svg.png
    Romania[c]
    [*]
    22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png
    Soviet Union

So during the cold war era the threat from the east was at least 2X what it is today yet nobody seemed to be in a rush to push Finland and Sweden into NATO. Now it is essential!

Why?

The reason for NATO vanished 30 years ago.

The Russians gave up their empire at this time.

Why can't the Yanks do the same.

Why is this cold war fossil still around ?

Comrade Stalin
Epitaph of the Vietnam Memorial Wall: PROUD TO DIE TAKING A RICH KID'S PLACE

Our dictatorship of spoiled and sheltered born-rich scumbags wants to restart the Cold War because those gutless traitors were never called on to fight in the first one.

You Europeans are smart about NATO. Rich white countries living off of American welfare.

You are big enough and rich enough to be the third most powerful country in the world but why bother when the USA can provide you with half your national defense?
As in Rome, a Decadent Aristocracy Controlled by Predatory Foreign Mercenaries

But the Globalist American ruling class is not imperialistic. You can tell how they let their chosen minority pets push them around that they will let the same thing happen when the crooked dictators in the Islamic World and the Third World jungles take over the leadership of Globalism.

The greatest shame of the excluded Americans is that they let these proven cowards and pushovers have any power at all in this country.

Epitaph of the Vietnam Memorial Wall: PROUD TO DIE TAKING A RICH KID'S PLACE

Our dictatorship of spoiled and sheltered born-rich scumbags wants to restart the Cold War because those gutless traitors were never called on to fight in the first one.

Yep. No attempts whatsoever to negotiate the end to this war in Ukraine. They could easy. Biden and Scholz have done nothing to bring an end to this conflict because they like it.

They like the war and how they can blame Putin for everything domestically. They pretend to believe this war is a moral injustice but China who stands by Russia in what they do is never even mildly criticized.

Let's do a little chronology ok?

March 2012 Obama in collusion with Russia while negotiating missiles in Europe!!!
obama-medvedev-hot-mic-2012-03-30.jpg.webp

2013 Hunter Biden is hired for almost a millions dollars a year to be on the board of a natural gas company in Ukraine despite having no such experience at all.

Feb 2014 Putin annexes Crimea from Ukraine. No democrat outrage over Ukraine sovereignty then.

Later 2014 Hunter Biden's investment firm gets $3.5M from Russian oligarch and the widow of long time mayor of Moscow Elena Baturina.

This does not smell like month old fish?
What evidence do you have to support these claims?

Care to elaborate how those people are pro authoritarian? You do not understand the meaning of the word.

Did Trump voice his disapproval of those 2 countries joining NATO? Show me the quote. He signed a treaty to expand NATO.

I'm about to turn 64. Trump is the least authoritarian president in my lifetime. He is certainly the most transparent to a flaw since there is hardly a thought that entered his head in those 4 years that he did not share in some manner. He cut taxes something no authoritarian would ever do. He reduced regulation something an authoritarian would never do.

An authoritarian would have pushed the country into a war because war is always the best excuse to attack thought and speech but he did not do that. He could have used the IRS to attack his adversaries like Obama did but did not. Trump certainly did not use the FBI to attack his critics like Biden has done.

So in short you do not know what you are talking about. An authoritarian would want higher taxes, more regulations, bigger government and war.
Please provide the documents that trump signed a treaty to expand NATO. If I recall trump challenged the NATO nations to pay more and he paid less.

So mandates are not authoritarian when democrats do them? Forcing(Important word force) people to take vaccines or wear masks that have proven to have saved few lives is acceptable.

China makes 80% of lithium batteries and 75% of solar panels and would be greatly enriched by idiot libtard economic policies but I'm not allowed to mention that according to the libtard?

The definition of the world mandate:

In true libtard fashion China or it's leadership is always left out of the litany of authoritarians. They do not allow free speech, they treat minority groups like shit and they have actual slavery in their country. But shut up racist!

My wife is Asian by the way and does not mind anybody criticizing China. China is a country not a race.
Please provide evidence that China makes 80% of lithium batteries?

I would be interested in knowing why it is so important for Finland and Sweden to be in NATO after all these years. Perhaps somebody could address that. Walter started this thread.

It was not essential those 2 small countries were in NATO back when we had the Soviet union but now today it is essential? The combined population of the Soviet union and the Warsaw pact countries was almost 450 million. Russia and it's few lame allies today is half the population and GDP. So please explain.

The purpose of this thread is not to promote peace defense. It is to slander Trump, republicans and Trump supporters by associating them with Putin.

Now that you have had your asses handed to you on that account you could save face by making a case for Finland in NATO. I have no problem with that.
Finland and Sweden remember WW II, and how Hitler treated them; Putin is the Hitler of the 21st Century!

Finland and Sweden remember WW II, and how Hitler treated them; Putin is the Hitler of the 21st Century!
I have no problem with those countries in NATO. In fact, I support the idea because it increases NATO's tactical advantage. But let's be honest.... they were perfectly happy being on their own until Putin invaded Ukraine. Given the history between Finland and Russia/USSR, they started crapping their pants once that happened. They couldn't join NATO fast enough.

Learn some history. Finland was invaded by the Soviets in Nov 1939 and was like an ally to Germany when they invaded the Soviet union.

So what second rate country did Hitler get stalled out in? Belgium? Denmark?

Hitler was far more aggressive invading over 20 countries and far more dangerous. His military was far more dangerous.

Of course you libs like to compare everybody you dislike to Hitler it is the lazy minded thing to do. Trump is Hitler and now dolts are calling Giorgia Meloni a Hitler.

This is a general warning to you libtards on this board. I'm just going to put you people on ignore. If you cannot watch a video or read a link than do not waste my time. I place a link that shows Trump signing into a law an agreement to expand NATO and then some ass demands a document proving that Trump signed an expansion of NATO. When has Trump ever been against expanding NATO?

Please provide the documents that trump signed a treaty to expand NATO. If I recall trump challenged the NATO nations to pay more and he paid less.

Why should the United states have to provide the primary security for a bunch of rich white people living thousands of miles away from our country? We do not have other obligations?

We can be part of the alliance. We can help but why more than that?

And if Putin is such a horrible threat should we want European nations being stronger? This has to be the dumbest logic I have ever seen. Totally anti American and pro Putin?

Werbung:
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted for the ratification of Sweden and Finland’s applications for NATO membership.

394 votes for and 18 against.

All 18 No votes came from Republicans - some pretty familiar names (Gaetz, Greene). Republicans who support Putin & Russia.

What are the arguments for and against NATO? Isn't the expansion of NATO at the root of the violence in Ukraine? Is there something about the root cause of the war we should know about? Is expanding NATO to be assumed to be a good thing even if non-members around the world might harbor resentment against the US for being excluded? Does the world even need a military organization of war causing divisions among nations in the world today?

Back