Guess who voted against ratification of Sweden and Finland’s applications for NATO membership

Werbung:
It is about NATO and the simple FACT that countries that were once military allies of the Soviet union are now allies of NATO.

This all started in my opinion with Poland joining NATO in 1999. So here you had a former Warsaw pact country of some size now joining NATO and then NATO(Bush) puts missiles there aimed at Russia. Why wouldn't Russia be threatened? Americans would not be threatened by Chinese missiles in Central America? Just ignore them?

Anybody consulting a map can see that the buffer between Russia and NATO is Belarus and Ukraine. 2 Slavic countries that for a long time were part of Russia and were a part of the Soviet union. Kiev was the first capital of Russia. Belarus is a puppet of Russia.

Still waiting for why after 73 years it is so essential that Finland join NATO. I don't think Putin wants to invade Finland. Finland is too small to be a threat to Russia.

This war could have been avoided by an agreement that Ukraine and Finland not join NATO and Putin agreeing to not be aggressive towards his neighbors. We could have reduced the missiles in Poland and worked out some economic issues like Nord stream and Europe getting the energy they need.

Biden and idiot politicians in Europe wanted this war.

What are the arguments for and against NATO? Isn't the expansion of NATO at the root of the violence in Ukraine? Is there something about the root cause of the war we should know about? Is expanding NATO to be assumed to be a good thing even if non-members around the world might harbor resentment against the US for being excluded? Does the world even need a military organization of war causing divisions among nations in the world today?

I agree 100%.

Europeans love NATO because they can have the USA provide for 50% of their security at no cost. We are dumb enough to do that.

1. Russia invaded Finland in 1939.
2. You probably thought that about Ukraine too.

Putin himself said in an interview that this is no problem for him:

View attachment 1833

Source: http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/21498

NATO was founded in 1949. Did the Soviet Union or Russia invade since then?

Russia also invaded Poland in 1939.

You do not understand the historical significance of why Putin wants Ukraine? A Slavic country that for much of their history was a part of Russia? Not at all like Finland.

So Putin is a statesman now?

I know why Putin wants Ukraine: ressources. BTW the same reason why Hitler invaded.

Don't teach me European history. Russians are a (large) minority in Ukraine.

Same reason Hitler invaded? So Putin wants living space? Lebensraum?

Hitler invaded Ukraine because it was on the way to Moscow which was the ultimate goal of Barbarossa.

I remember Putin in Crawford Texas along with Dubya at a huge BBQ offering his support after the attacks on 9/11/01.

Putin the ally!

Could be he is full of shit half the time.

Where is the European union in all of this? 27 countries, over 400 million people. GDP over $20T.

Sweden and Finland belong to the EU why don't those 27 countries make a strong statement of support for any member that is attacked?

Take the USA out of the equation and you are a bunch of cowards?

Why does Sweden belong in NATO when they will not reveal the results of their Nordstream investigation? It was obviously sabatoge-terrorism. So why are they not sharing? Is this the type of team player we want in NATO?

The U.S. House of Representatives has voted for the ratification of Sweden and Finland’s applications for NATO membership.

394 votes for and 18 against.

All 18 No votes came from Republicans - some pretty familiar names (Gaetz, Greene). Republicans who support Putin & Russia.

The U.S. House of Representatives has voted for the ratification of Sweden and Finland’s applications for NATO membership.

394 votes for and 18 against.

All 18 No votes came from Republicans - some pretty familiar names (Gaetz, Greene). Republicans who support Putin & Russia.

I'm new here, but wouldnt a responsible poster also post why the Republicans voted no instead of leaving the reader to assume the GOP'ers were stupid and/or evil?

🤔

Why does Sweden belong in NATO when they will not reveal the results of their Nordstream investigation? It was obviously sabatoge-terrorism. So why are they not sharing? Is this the type of team player we want in NATO?

Do we all know that Ukraine Pres. Zelensky credited the Nord Stream II sanctions and other settings that Trump put in place, but Biden disconnected, as being responsible for preventing Putin's invasion?

Do we all know that Ukraine Pres. Zelensky credited the Nord Stream II sanctions and other settings that Trump put in place, but Biden disconnected, as being responsible for preventing Putin's invasion?
No we don't so perhaps you could enlighten us all.
Trump couldn't identify Ukraine on a map.

Werbung:
Back