Harvey Weinstein conviction overturned. Is #MeToo complete *********?

Stray Bullet

“The state Court of Appeals found that the judge in the landmark #MeToo trial prejudiced the former film mogul with improper rulings, including a decision to let women testify about allegations that weren’t part of the case.”

Did he ever rape anybody or just abuse his position of power, is the question I’ve always had. I’m definitely not a puritan when it comes to sex. To me rape and sexual assault are the same thing. If you sleep with a guy who’s your boss, because you’ll get fired if you don’t, that isn’t rape. You can always quit and move on with your life or try your luck at reporting them. We should still have laws against it. But we shouldn’t equate it to the worst atrocity in sexual encounters. It’s easy to go after Weinstein because he’s ugly and unlikeable I guess. Nobody ever says a thing about Kobe Bryant though. It’s the cherrypicking that’s the most telling thing about #MeToo for me. That and the absurdity I’ve always seen with anything feminist. I’m a leftist. But I’m not the SJW kind of leftist. I grew up listening to the likes of The Amazing Atheist. Both left and right use sex scandals these days to attack the other side. And the media loves people who act like a victim. So #MeToo sort of goes unchecked in a way most movements don’t. Which makes it very corruptible. I don’t know what Weinstein did particularly. He’s still scum though if he took advantage of people that worked for him.

Werbung:

“The state Court of Appeals found that the judge in the landmark #MeToo trial prejudiced the former film mogul with improper rulings, including a decision to let women testify about allegations that weren’t part of the case.”
Imagine what the similar result will be when a reasonable court of appeals finally admit the charges against Trump and the prosecutors and judges in the cases were all biased, tainting the cases beyond legality.

Back