Helmsley's dog gets $12 million in will

steveox

NEW YORK - Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

She also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who was named to care for Trouble in her absence, as well as two of four grandchildren from her late son Jay Panzirer — so long as they visit their father's grave site once each calendar year.

Otherwise, she wrote, neither will get a penny of the $5 million she left for each.

Helmsley left nothing to two of Jay Panzirer's other children — Craig and Meegan Panzirer — for "reasons that are known to them," she wrote.

But no one made out better than Trouble, who once appeared in ads for the Helmsley Hotels, and lived up to her name by biting a housekeeper.

"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will.

The mausoleum, she ordered, must be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year." She left behind $3 million for the upkeep of her final resting place in Westchester County, where she is buried with her husband, Harry Helmsley.

She also left her chauffeur, Nicholas Celea, $100,000.

She ordered that cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, be sold and that the money be given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070829/ap_on_re_us/helmsley_s_pooch;_ylt=AmhhRH2hOrn.w5jvWHKJDJWs0NUE

WHAT A *****!! She gives her chauffeur $100,000 and gives her dog 12 Million? See how this country benitfits the wealthy? This is WHY I WANT THE DEMOCRATS BACK IN FULL POWER!!!! George Bush Repealed the Estate tax which means the wealthy pays nothing back to the goverment. I want the Democrats close this loophole PETS CANNOT BE GRANTED OUT OF WILLS. Boy I cant wait until the election IM SO PISSED OFF WITH THE GOP!! I Will be voting for DEMOCRATS STRAGHT DOWN THE LINE TYHE NEXT ELECTION. Democrats Truly do stick up for oridinary working people and they stick up to the poor as well. Just look at the Gas Prices comming down! Democrats have a lot to do with that cause George Bush cant give more tax breaks for the wealthy!

Werbung:
I wonder if her will will stand. I was in a room with a patient once who's lawyer told him he couldn't write close relatives out of his will. He had to leave them some money, or they would have the will overturned. Courts like to second guess dead people.

It's her money she can do whatever she wants that's her money. if she doesn't like her children, why should she have to care for them once they cease being "children" if they're still her dependents sure things should be in place to make sure they're kept in the loop and afforded care, but aside from a standard living for dependents why should the state have any care of her ALREADY taxed money? It's hers it's been taxed. Estate taxes are bull****, Democratic as I tend to support, I don't support multiple taxation it's bull****. and if someone who makes good in their life becomes rich. So be it, I hope to be rich one day, maybe I will, maybe I won't, but if I am I don't want people digging into my money just BECAUSE I did well. Equal taxation is equal. Single taxation is righteous .

Its her money, and although she clearly has obscene amounts of money, if she chooses to waste it then so be it.

Don't tell people what to do with their lives Steve. You say you're proud to live in the land of the free, but all you want to do is control what people do.

I'm all for redistributing the wealth, over time, but I don't think that digging into peoples wills, even if they are idiots with far too much money, is the best building block to start on.

Were not wealthy n rich are we? So democrats do stick up for us.And the estate tax doesnt hurt the middle class does it?

You always do this Steve, you change the topic.

Why do you want to start rummaging about in peoples wills? Just because they have more money than you? Sounds like greed and jealousy, sins in the Bible. And you wouldn't want to do that, would you?.

Yeah i do. I think the wealthy should pay their fair share. Democrats are looking after the poor and the middle class. They had the estate tax right in place. But george bush and his fellow repubicans repealed it.Its another tax break for the wealthy far im concerned. And i want democrats to bring back the capitol gains tax. That also bentfits the wealthy when they purchase stocks. When Hillary is elected i want her and Nancy Pelosi to create a business estate tax.That means if an owner of the company gives it to his children the children must pay an estate tax in order to recive the company. And i want them to create a 10% business real estate sales tax. That means when the rich man buys the property and wanna put a business there he must pay 10% property business sales tax.Yeah i really do wanna soak the evil wealthy business guy so we can pay for this war!

Werbung:
Jack we live in a screwed up political country.Both Parties commit wrong doing. I want to see politicans act like responsible adults and not act like little kids from a 7th grade class.

Back