Hockey should be played outdoors

steveox

Way back in mid 1800s hockey used to played outdoors in the cold frozen pond. I think it should go back to those roots. NHL should shorten the shedule and make players play every other day or every 2 days like 18 games a month. From november to end of march. All canadas teams play outdoors If you cant stand being cold and watch hockey at night then you shouldnt be there!
McGill_Hockey.jpg

The way it should be

Werbung:
Have you ever been to one of the Winter Classics? I already have tickets for the Wings- Leafs this year, hopefully they don't cancel it. I also went to the Michigan-Michigan State game at Michigan Stadium that set the attendance record. The weather didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It was a good time.

the view from the stands of a football/baseball stadium seems like a ral dropoff than from a hockey/basketball arena. lets leave it alone.

the view from the stands of a football/baseball stadium seems like a ral dropoff than from a hockey/basketball arena. lets leave it alone.

It wasn't that bad. I always thought it was funny that people pay big money to be by the ice because the rink surface is elevated and if you want a good view you need to be in the upper third of the lower bowl, at least. The view at Michigan Stadium was actually pretty good.

It wasn't that bad. I always thought it was funny that people pay big money to be by the ice because the rink surface is elevated and if you want a good view you need to be in the upper third of the lower bowl, at least. The view at Michigan Stadium was actually pretty good.

yeah close is no good at Classics ala NHL but I guess I cant see the plus of giving up the intimacy of a proper venue.

Werbung:
Way back in mid 1800s hockey used to played outdoors in the cold frozen pond. I think it should go back to those roots. NHL should shorten the shedule and make players play every other day or every 2 days like 18 games a month. From november to end of march. All canadas teams play outdoors If you cant stand being cold and watch hockey at night then you shouldnt be there!

The way it should be

I know you are referring to pro hockey, but as a boy, I played a lot of hockey outdoors. We had a pond in our neighborhood that would freeze over. We learned to get the surface smooth. We would play for hours on end. Played many times while it was snowing in very cold temps and at night with poor lighting.

I got hit in the face by the puck on two occasions. The first time broke my glasses (I broke them so many times as a kid it upset my parents) and the second time I lost two teeth and got several stitches in my mouth. When I smiled my buddies got a kick out of it...cause I looked like a hockey player. Needless to say, my parents were not happy.

We had so much fun and got tons of exercise all outdoors....something kids today do not know....

Back