Hoover/Bush or FDR/OBAMA type leadership?

You support the Progressive solution of using Means Testing as a "fix" for Social Security, this turns it into a mandatory wealth transfer program: Welfare.

There are several things that could be done. Raise the age to draw... means testing etc.

But you are correct I wouldn't disagree with some level of a means testing as a part of seeing the overall system solvent and available for those relying on it.

In example: I could see Social Security payments being reduced or eliminated for retired individuals still earning say a $250,000 per year after retirement (or with a net worth not including their primary residence of $1,000,000} or retired couples still bringing in $500,000 per year (or a net worth not including their primary residence of $2,000,000).

My reasoning is that you'll never find anyone with this type of built up and ongoing wealth that is relying on Social Security in any way, anyway. It's not even good tip money for them.

Werbung:
My reasoning is that you'll never find anyone with this type of built up and ongoing wealth that is relying on Social Security in any way, anyway. It's not even good tip money for them.
To each according to his need (of money from others), from each according to his ability (to contribute money to others).

Werbung:
To each according to his need (of money from others), from each according to his ability (to contribute money to others).

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Back