How can pro-lifers justify support of war and the death penalty?

The only "loser" here is the baby who will be denied the "right to life" for that many more years.

You're entitled to your opinion.

And I understand your personal dislike for abortion. The truth though is that there are many more that understand a woman's necessity over her own reproductive rights.

Until we come up with a way (never happened in all of history) to cage a pregnant woman and force her to carry & bear a child against her own will when made pregnat... Pro-Choice is the best we have.

It's my hope that medical birth control will eventually evolve to a point where abortion almost never is preformed. In fact abortion rates per capita are already going down.

As a father of two daughters in their 20's I would never want them to have and abortion nor would I want their medical safety and possible death dictated by anyone else.

We just have to agree to disagree on this one my friend.

Werbung:
I think the unborn baby is the bigger loser. The child that is alive at least has a shot at life.

Further, you could take all the money spent in Iraq, and put it towards fighting poverty, and poverty would still be around in the same way it is now.

So, the argument that our war money won't solve the problem is justification for ignoring the problem and making it worse by killing and crippling tens of thousands of people, destroying valuable resources, and bombing a 3rd world country into the stoneage?

How do you know that we couldn't solve the problem with all that money? Has anyone ever tried? Not in human history they haven't.

It's my hope that medical birth control will eventually evolve to a point where abortion almost never is preformed.
And it's my hope that this medical birth control will consist solely of state of the art pre-conceptual pharmacology.

Then, the problem is solved ... and everyone wins.

Such products are presently being developed.

Let's hope they get to market soon.

And it's my hope that this medical birth control will consist solely of state of the art pre-conceptual pharmacology.

Hear, hear!

So, the argument that our war money won't solve the problem is justification for ignoring the problem and making it worse by killing and crippling tens of thousands of people, destroying valuable resources, and bombing a 3rd world country into the stoneage?

Did I say that? No. You are the one claiming if we were not busy fighting "king georgie's" war then maybe we could save the starving children.

How do you know that we couldn't solve the problem with all that money? Has anyone ever tried? Not in human history they haven't.

We have been pouring money into Africa in the form of direct donations, loans, IMF money, not to mention private charities for half a century. Guess what, rampant poverty remains. The notion that we have not been throwing money at poverty is simply false.

As long as they are safe & effective that would be wonderful.

You obviously know (I run across many who do not) that the current safe and effective Birth Control Pill is actually a mini abortion as the egg is already fertilized and the womb is contaminated by the drug so it cannot implant. This is something anti-Choice advocates seldom discuss because they know how EXTREMELY POPULAR the current Birth Control Pill is.

I would still always want the woman to have final say over having or not having an abortion... but a medical pre-conceptual Birth Control Pill for women or men for that matter would be a great breakthrough.

You're entitled to your opinion.

And I understand your personal dislike for abortion. The truth though is that there are many more that understand a woman's necessity over her own reproductive rights.

Until we come up with a way (never happened in all of history) to cage a pregnant woman and force her to carry & bear a child against her own will when made pregnat... Pro-Choice is the best we have.

It's my hope that medical birth control will eventually evolve to a point where abortion almost never is preformed. In fact abortion rates per capita are already going down.

As a father of two daughters in their 20's I would never want them to have and abortion nor would I want their medical safety and possible death dictated by anyone else.

We just have to agree to disagree on this one my friend.

I did assume we would disagree given our previous discussions on the issues, but I had to put in my two cents. ;) Hope all is well.

Werbung:
Hey BigRob, have you had chance to reflect on whether or not you are prepared to be executed for a crime you did not commit whilst I was banned?

Just to avoid any sophistry here is the question again.

Are you prepared to be executed for a crime you did not commit?

Back