How did Noah get Polar Bears and Kangaroos on and off the ark?

Dawkinsrocks

This is agood one.

Apart from problems like how did Noah build the world's biggest wooden ship and where did all the flood water go...

How did he get species like polar bears and kangaroos on the ark and then off the ark without them breeding anywhere but Australia and the polar regions.

And why didn't the lions eat the gazelles when they got off after 6 weeks on board ship.

If this story is not the most ridiculous ever told I would love to hear one more stupid.

Werbung:
This is agood one.

Apart from problems like how did Noah build the world's biggest wooden ship and where did all the flood water go...

How did he get species like polar bears and kangaroos on the ark and then off the ark without them breeding anywhere but Australia and the polar regions.

And why didn't the lions eat the gazelles when they got off after 6 weeks on board ship.

If this story is not the most ridiculous ever told I would love to hear one more stupid.

Yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

This is agood one.

That's nothing..... WHERE DID ALL THE THOUSANDS OF SPECIES OF DINOSAURS SIT?:) It's clearly stated that everything was created at one time and everything was destroyed in the great flood.

But nowhere in the Bible or any other document of the time were there any accounts of thousands of species of dinosaurs many bigger than a jet plane of today.

What happened is man made up the whole religious idea as a governing tool and a way to explain the then unexplainable. They didn't talk about dinosaurs simply because they didn't know about dinosaurs. They hadn't been dug up and put together yet.

Rest assured if the leaders of that time period had known about them... they'd have worked them into their story.

Well what about all the ancient civilaisations that existed in China and Egypt and South America. How come none of these recorded a sudden increase in rainfall around the time that the whole world was covered in water to a depth of 5 miles?

Just how gullible do you have to be to be a Christian?

Well what about all the ancient civilaisations that existed in China and Egypt and South America. How come none of these recorded a sudden increase in rainfall around the time that the whole world was covered in water to a depth of 5 miles?

You know it's a tough thing. There are a lot of good teachings in the Christian religion on how to treat others and live ones life doing good deeds and standing up against evil. I myself was brought up steadily going to a Lutheran Church that happened to be right across the street from our home.

But when you break things down rationally and scientifically religion does all come down to 100% faith in something that has never been proven.

Now I have no problem with people of faith. In fact I think that if belief in a higher power helps anyone they absolutely should embrace it fully.

Personally I think it's basically the placibo effect, but hey... if it helps, it helps.

I'm not sure how I feel about the lying or adding on for the sake of trying to bolster a unprovable religious position like the "Creationist" do when they say dinosaurs roamed the earth with man back in Jesus's time and because of that they were on the Ark.:eek:

I kinda think that goes against the whole Thou shalt not lie thing... but that's just me.

This is agood one.

I don't think the point of the story was to explain how the polar bears did not eat the kangaroos...

I'm not sure how I feel about the lying or adding on for the sake of trying to bolster a unprovable religious position like the "Creationist" do when they say dinosaurs roamed the earth with man back in Jesus's time and because of that they were on the Ark.:eek:

I kinda think that goes against the whole Thou shalt not lie thing... but that's just me.[/COLOR]

I have never heard anyone say that. I doubt anyone believes that. I went to a Jesuit school, but we learned evolution in Biology, and no one thought that dinosaurs walked around with Jesus...

I have never heard anyone say that. I doubt anyone believes that. I went to a Jesuit school, but we learned evolution in Biology, and no one thought that dinosaurs walked around with Jesus...

Google Creation Museum and see it all.

I know it's amazing but it's as true as rain... that's the new spin. If you do some Google searches of Creationist you'll see pics of little plastic dinosaurs walking up the ramp to the Ark... dinosaurs in the background with men around a campfire.

It's a must see religious HOOT!!!

Here's a quick YouTube on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Pi1TqCbDk

Google Creation Museum and see it all.

I know it's amazing but it's as true as rain... that's the new spin. If you do some Google searches of Creationist you'll see pics of little plastic dinosaurs walking up the ramp to the Ark... dinosaurs in the background with men around a campfire.

It's a must see religious HOOT!!!

Here's a quick YouTube on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Pi1TqCbDk

I feel like this is not a mainstream view.

Do you have to believe than an actual fox really tried to get some grapes he couldn't reach, then went away saying that they were probably sour anyway, in order to understand the concept of sour grapes?

Do you have to believe that a real grasshopper wanted help from some actual ants after spending the whole summer playing his fiddle in order to understand the concept of preparing for the future?

The Noah story is obviously just a fable, not unlike the ones that Aesop wrote. The point of the story is to be prepared for emergencies. It never was supposed to be an actual, historical event.

How anyone could possibly believe that it was historically accurate escapes me, just as how anyone could possibly think that it is necessary to believe in the literal truth of such fables in order to be a Christian. Maybe someone on this board can enlighten me on the subject.

Does one have to believe in the impossible in order to be a Christian?

Just how does one go about believing such nonsense?

Do you have to believe than an actual fox really tried to get some grapes he couldn't reach, then went away saying that they were probably sour anyway, in order to understand the concept of sour grapes?

Do you have to believe that a real grasshopper wanted help from some actual ants after spending the whole summer playing his fiddle in order to understand the concept of preparing for the future?

The Noah story is obviously just a fable, not unlike the ones that Aesop wrote. The point of the story is to be prepared for emergencies. It never was supposed to be an actual, historical event.

How anyone could possibly believe that it was historically accurate escapes me, just as how anyone could possibly think that it is necessary to believe in the literal truth of such fables in order to be a Christian. Maybe someone on this board can enlighten me on the subject.

Does one have to believe in the impossible in order to be a Christian?

Just how does one go about believing such nonsense?

I do not think that many people take these stories literally.

That said, interesting note on the Noah story. If you read the Bible in Hebrew, the story does not say the world flooded, it says that the "land" flooded. In ancient Mesopotamia and all along the Nile River etc, this would have been a very common theme. It is not unreasonable to argue that the story was simply speaking to a people who understood the flood concept.

The flood concept is interesting as well, because the flood waters rise and take away all of the bad "evil" soil etc and then when they are gone all that is left is the fertile soil "good". Much the same as the Noah story. Added to that, there are civilizations in South America and around the world that do actually have their own versions of "flood" narratives, but there is also a good argument to be made that there was trade between Egypt and South America, and it is not unreasonable for these stories to follow as well.

I think if we look at the context in which the story was written and who it was written for, we would see it as a metaphor of the flood being the washing away of evil by God who in turn replaces it with fertile soil that people back then needed to survive.

I do not think that many people take these stories literally.

That said, interesting note on the Noah story. If you read the Bible in Hebrew, the story does not say the world flooded, it says that the "land" flooded. In ancient Mesopotamia and all along the Nile River etc, this would have been a very common theme. It is not unreasonable to argue that the story was simply speaking to a people who understood the flood concept.

The flood concept is interesting as well, because the flood waters rise and take away all of the bad "evil" soil etc and then when they are gone all that is left is the fertile soil "good". Much the same as the Noah story. Added to that, there are civilizations in South America and around the world that do actually have their own versions of "flood" narratives, but there is also a good argument to be made that there was trade between Egypt and South America, and it is not unreasonable for these stories to follow as well.

I think if we look at the context in which the story was written and who it was written for, we would see it as a metaphor of the flood being the washing away of evil by God who in turn replaces it with fertile soil that people back then needed to survive.

I had never thought of it that way, but it does make a lot of sense. The Nile has flooded for thousands of years, bringing good, fertile soil with it. "Evil" washed away, replaced by "good", and one man listened to God, and was prepared. It's a great mataphor for that time and place.

But, I think more people take the stories literally than one might imagine. Why else is there such a fuss about evolution?

Werbung:

With just a little bit of research one could see that your understanding of the story has never gone beyond a preschool age sunday school level. So of course you are not going to understand it. How ignorant does one have to be to not even know that they don't understand something and them claim that others are gullible? Answer: it actually has nothing to do with ignorance but with hatred toward Christians.

So to answer just this last question you posed: The ancient civilizations you mentioned did not exist at the time so they recorded nothing or have very little info on it. And the depth is stated as being far less than 5 miles (closer to 8 meters). At least get your facts straight when you criticize or you will look like either a fool or at least a person who is blinded by hatred.

Back