I Just learn its over 100 degrees in Australia.

steveox

Australian heatwaves more frequent, hotter and longer: Climate Council report

Heatwaves in Australia are becoming more frequent, hotter and are lasting longer, a report released today by the Climate Council says.

The interim findings of the report, Australian Heatwaves: Hotter, Longer, Earlier and More Often, come as southern Australia swelters through a heatwave.

After notching up two consecutive days over 40 degrees Celsius, Melbourne is on track to record its second-longest heatwave since records began in the 1830s.

The temperature is expected to reach 41C today before increasing to 42C tomorrow.

The longest heatwave in Melbourne was in 1908, when there were five consecutive days over 40C.

Temperatures have also regularly surpassed 40C in South Australia and Western Australia recently.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/20778583...ent-hotter-and-longer-climate-council-report/

See my point is the Media there is blaming it on Global Warming. Meanwhile our Media was quiet when we had freezing temps all over the U.S 2 weeks ago.

Werbung:
yes we had had four days over 41 C . our 100F) the last two days were over 44C.a record since 1908.
This to me proves global warming or Climate change. Even the deep freeze in the USA does s well it is caused by rising seas.
Thanks goodness a change arrived in Melbourne this morning.

Steveox. We will just have to wait and See. If you are young enough you will see many changes. Islands disappearing. reefs disappearing. Ice Melting. Seas rising flooding many low level areas. More storms and Typhons. I am lucky I am older and will not live to see the worst. Good luck to those who do,

60 million years ago when Dinosaurs roamed on this planet.The earth was almost all tropical. It was much hotter than now. Now who was responsible for that global warming? Cars and air conditioning units wasn't invented then.

Steveox, The simple answer is God. The earth has change over millions of years from ice ages to tropical heat . The difference this time is that it will not take millions of years to change, In just 100 years temperatures will rise by a least 2% according to most scientists.

Steveox, The simple answer is God. The earth has change over millions of years from ice ages to tropical heat . The difference this time is that it will not take millions of years to change, In just 100 years temperatures will rise by a least 2% according to most scientists.

Theyre full of crap. They serve liberal causes.

Australia is one of the toughest places on earth to survive and it's not rare for the temperatures to exceed 42 degrees Celsius in summer. I got seriously ill in Western Australia some years ago due to the heat and other environmental factors to the degree that I started to have stroke-like symptoms. But it's an advantage for Aussie players competing at the Australian Open and a Perth native had an amazing run until she was beaten by a young Canadian player the other night. The tennis tournament now has the extreme heat policy to protect international players from typical Aussie summer days and the Aussies often describe the extreme weather as "warm" as if it does not bother them at all.

Last edited:
That's why Australia local governments start building dome stadiums. Like why not this Tennis dome stadium idea?
29roofblog.jpg

Regions-Morgan-Keegan-Championships.jpg

When sun goes down you open the roof

Thnks for the Videos and Photos. It is hot this time of the year in Australia but this is the only time we can get overseas players to come here. Australia has a Grand Slam because in the 1950s we were a top Tennis nation with the USA.. Now we rarely get pass the second round. This year all Australians were out before the quarter finals. As were USA players. In the semi final there is a Swiss, a Canadian and several east European so it can being used to hot weather that caused them to win.

We do have several dome stadiums with a roof. This is more to prevent rain and the roof was rarely closed during the heat wave. The stadiums are also used for concerts and other sports. Australians still feel the heat. I did not go to the tennis u went to the cricket at 100F. Even England has a Roof on its main tennis court because of the rain.

Attachments

• IMG_20140116_0001.jpg
    IMG_20140116_0001.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 4
Well Miami has a dome stadium for baseball because of the rain,heat and humidity in summer. But Dolphins have an open stadium. It needs to put a dome because of heat humidity and rain.

br_051013_article.jpg

It needs this
roof-10.png

Link?

Werbung:
Dr Who if you mean who said it. The Un group of Scientists, The CSIRO here in Australia and most national bodies of Scientists.

Back