Iran rejects Big 6 Offer

Werbung:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080614/D919UR6G1.html

Once again, "talking to" Iran has produced a big, fat, perfectly round ZERO.

The latest offer, carried to Teheran by European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana, produced zilch.

Ahhhhhh, but let Obama the ghetto pol go there and try - he'll sort things out in a jiffy! :D:p:);)

Im just curious Libsmasher, Rather than talking with them, how do you suggest we handle the situation in Iran? Embargos? Military action?

I think with the tone we are taking now with Iran, only bad things will happen. The bottom line is that we cant afford it.
I would like to see a considerable downturn in the public threats made towards Iran by Americans. Military containment, and economic exploitation should be the goals for the American policy towards Iran.

I think with the tone we are taking now with Iran, only bad things will happen. ...
I would like to see a considerable downturn in the public threats made towards Iran by Americans.

And what of the Iranian tone, and their public threats against America and Israel?
We don't hold parades celebrating our eventual defeat of Iran....

And you think our rhetoric is strong:

Death to Israel, Death to America, Death to England...

"Is there art that is more beautiful, more divine, more eternal than the art of Martyrdom? A nation with Martyrdom knows no captivity. Those who wish to undermine this principle, undermine the foundations of our independence and national security. They undermine the foundation of our eternity. The message of the (islamic) Revolution is Global, and is not restricted to a specific place or time. Its a human message and it will move forward. Have no doubt... Allah willing, Islam will conquer what? It will conquer all the mountaintops of the world." -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, leader of Iran

Just imagine Bush saying:

Death to Iran, Death to North Korea, Death to Syria....

We are a terrorist nation, we know no limits. Those who wish to stop our use of terrorist tactics, undermine our independence and our national security. They undermine our belief in the Rapture. The message of American Judeo-Christian Imperialism is not restricted to a place or time. Its a human message and it will move forward. Have no doubt, God willing, America will conquer what? It will conquer the world!
---------------------------------------

War with Iran would be horrific on all levels.
Allowing Iran to get the bomb would still be worse.

And what of the Iranian tone, and their public threats against America and Israel?
I am not condoning the behavior of Iran one bit. What I am suggesting is the United States take the higher ground in this situation and let diplomacy work. I think it much more important to engage and know those you deal with to reach a peaceful middle ground. Considering the current situation with oil prices, the Chinese, the weakness of the USD, it might be wise to start talking with them now, rather than never.

I am not condoning the behavior of Iran one bit. What I am suggesting is the United States take the higher ground in this situation and let diplomacy work. I think it much more important to engage and know those you deal with to reach a peaceful middle ground. Considering the current situation with oil prices, the Chinese, the weakness of the USD, it might be wise to start talking with them now, rather than never.
I was not suggesting you were condoning their behavior.

What I was suggesting, is that America HAS taken the high ground and we HAVE relied solely on negotiation to this point. Our problems with Iran do NOT come from a lack of understanding - we understand them perfectly well and that's why Iran is viewed as such a threat to peace - not only in the region but worldwide.

Saddam did a great deal of saber rattling leading up to the Iraq war but once he knew our invasion was imminent - He changed direction overnight and backed down on every front in hopes of saving his own neck. Obama extending the olive branch will have the opposite effect with Iran - it will be seen as a position of admitted weakness and the tough talk from Iran will actually get worse...

Here is what Iran wants from the US:
  • Admit Israel is an illegitimate nation
  • Admit the holocaust never happened
  • Allow Iran to seek, develop, and proliferate military grade Uranium to other extremist countries
  • Allow said countries to then 'Wipe Israel off the map'

You already know our positions, so exactly what is the "middle ground"?

Werbung:
Back