Iraqi Government Has Made No Progress, US Concludes

Truth-Bringer

"Mr. Bush's claims of political progress by the Iraqis were described by Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House of Representatives, as an 'insult to the intelligence of American people.'" And yet the spineless members of Congress, most definitely including Nancy Pelosi, continue to roll over for every demand by Bush to continue funding the war disaster, though the power to end it lies in their hands. Who "insults the intelligence of American people" more, Bush or you, Ms. Pelosi?

Article link

Werbung:
I dont think many will disagree that Iraq is a complex situation, and there has been plenty of spin/disinformation/propaganda coming from all sides of the issue. There is little doubt in my mind that the Iraqis are more interested in settling old scores than looking forward and moving away from the violence that is ongoing in areas. We cannot expect the Democrats realistically cut funding for the war. Surely they hold the purse strings, but foreign policy comes from the Executive branch. They simply dont have the votes to override a veto that would surely come from the President. It is shameful the situation this has turned into, but to blame congress and its members just isnt fair.

There isnt the votes to do it. I am as against this war as much as the next guy, but to simply pull out right now would be a disaster and the blood is on America's hands. I dont have a good answer as to what to do, my advice would be not to have done it in the first place.

There isnt the votes to do it. I am as against this war as much as the next guy, but to simply pull out right now would be a disaster and the blood is on America's hands. I dont have a good answer as to what to do, my advice would be not to have done it in the first place.

The blood is already on our hands. Allowing the fox to attempt to mend the henhouse is disingenuous at best.

OK, so advocate an immediate withdrawal, what would you say then about the resulting total civil war and genocide?

OK, so advocate an immediate withdrawal, what would you say then about the resulting total civil war and genocide?

I would say it was our fault. Maybe we could stop looking at ourselves as so damn noble and take stock of our weaknesses and "evil" sides. We have many, one primary one being arrogance. Only then can we start working on getting our sh*t together.

Apparently not every top military man agrees with our policy in Iraq.http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20070923-9999-1n23generals.html I mention this only because with the testimony of Gen. Petraeus, the military has taken a bit of a hit. It's good to know that there are other respected military men, who still are not afraid to criticize the administration's ill conceived Iraq policy.

I dont agree with Bush or Petraeus either, nor do I support this war. But we need to find a reasonable solution to it. The American military can only do so much. A screwdriver doesnt work so well on a nail. To come to a real conclusion with a free, peaceful and prosperous Iraq, if it is at all still possible will take a serious effort in a comprehensive manner from all parties involved. This includes the State Department, the Pentagon, the UN and most importantly the Iraqis. The Iraqi government and the people it represents were given a golden opportunity to become very prosperous and escape repression and persecution. But collectively they have pissed it away. Everyone is to blame.

We go in and destroy a nation, write a constitution and dump hundreds of billions of dollars into contractors and who know who else's pockets and have the gall to think we can create a free, peaceful and prosperous Iraq? If I were the UN, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. Especially after Bush and Blair decided to pull the go it alone surge prior to investigations were concluded. We are wasting a lot of our young people's lives over there. And just like with Vietnam - for nothing.

"Mr. Bush's claims of political progress by the Iraqis were described by Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House of Representatives, as an 'insult to the intelligence of American people.'" And yet the spineless members of Congress, most definitely including Nancy Pelosi, continue to roll over for every demand by Bush to continue funding the war disaster, though the power to end it lies in their hands. Who "insults the intelligence of American people" more, Bush or you, Ms. Pelosi?

Article link

Republicans who refuse to admit they still control congress and have blocked every major attempt of the democrats to get funding for Americans EXCEPT the minimum wage increase.

The republicans refuse to allow this war to end because it will stop the flow of re-election monies to their campaigns from those who are benefitting from the corporate welfare trough which IS Iraq.

Werbung:
Republicans who refuse to admit they still control congress and have blocked every major attempt of the democrats to get funding for Americans EXCEPT the minimum wage increase.

The republicans refuse to allow this war to end because it will stop the flow of re-election monies to their campaigns from those who are benefitting from the corporate welfare trough which IS Iraq.

ROTFLMAO!! And Democrats will end the war???????? B.S. The Democrats all keep rambling on about how they'll keep up the fight. Hillary has already vowed to continue it.

Back