Is Obama turning Republican?

Hobo1

Here is a political cartoon that expresses my thoughts completely

I swear, Obama is acting just like a Republican with all his guns and commander-in-chief. I can't recall when America has so many shooting conflicts around the world... Well maybe World War II.

Will we ever have a time when all our troops are home again?

Werbung:
I've said the same thing before.

Despite the rhetoric about "hope and change" from one side, and about how the current administration is "Marxist" and "out to ruin America," there is very little difference between the current administration and the last one.

Barorge Obambush, president and CIC.

I am sure it has been said a thousand times, but what do we hope to gain with these wars? I don't care if Afghanistan is totally rid of the Taliban, what are we left with? A massively corrupt government, and perhaps this group?
articleLarge.jpg
They are the tribal leaders, the mujahadeen who ruled Afghanistan during the years when the British tried to control the country.

They were the same tribes that fended off Alexander the Great!

Do we really think they will help foster in true democracy in this Muslim country? It is pure sophistry by Obama to say Afghanistan will be our ally when the "war is finished".

We don't know who the so-called rebels are in Libya. Will they be any better than Mahmud Gaddafi? We have no idea - yet we persist spending billions of dollars of our precious defense resources supporting that mysterious civil war.

Obama was supposed to bring change to American foreign policy. Instead he has further involved us deeper into causes that can have no possible good outcome. He talks about improving America while he destroys and aggravates the hatred within the Muslim Nations.

Even Op-ed pieces from the New York Times are complaining "Unfinished Business: ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’" and "Unfinished Business: The Defense of Marriage Act". Obama can't even finish his business of promoting liberal causes!

History will show Obama to be a truly useless and inept President. With the field of Republican candidates not looking too strong, I fear life in the United States is not going to be too pleasant for quite some time.

Do we really think they will help foster in true democracy in this Muslim country?

I'll comment on just this part of what you said. All-wise pundits were saying the same sorts of things during the iraq war - "these people have no history of democracy, it's alien to their culture, they'll never change" etc etc etc. Yet the second democracy in the middle-east has been established there, with a constitution approved in elections and a popularly elected parliament. If obozo doesn't fumble it on the one yard line, it looks like it will take.

Similarly, the russians zipped overnight from centuries of authoritarian rulers to a democracy (albeit with issues). Likewise in japan at the end of WWII.

And now, there are thousands of arabs in several north african and middle east states marching in the streets and demanding democracy.

I am sure it has been said a thousand times, but what do we hope to gain with these wars? I don't care if Afghanistan is totally rid of the Taliban, what are we left with? A massively corrupt government, and perhaps this group?

They are the tribal leaders, the mujahadeen who ruled Afghanistan during the years when the British tried to control the country.

They were the same tribes that fended off Alexander the Great!

Do we really think they will help foster in true democracy in this Muslim country? It is pure sophistry by Obama to say Afghanistan will be our ally when the "war is finished".

We don't know who the so-called rebels are in Libya. Will they be any better than Mahmud Gaddafi? We have no idea - yet we persist spending billions of dollars of our precious defense resources supporting that mysterious civil war.

Obama was supposed to bring change to American foreign policy. Instead he has further involved us deeper into causes that can have no possible good outcome. He talks about improving America while he destroys and aggravates the hatred within the Muslim Nations.

Even Op-ed pieces from the New York Times are complaining "Unfinished Business: ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’" and "Unfinished Business: The Defense of Marriage Act". Obama can't even finish his business of promoting liberal causes!

History will show Obama to be a truly useless and inept President. With the field of Republican candidates not looking too strong, I fear life in the United States is not going to be too pleasant for quite some time.

Did you conveniently FORGET about the Soviets and their version of "Vietnam", when they occupied Afghanistan during the 1980s?

Do you really believe that the "Muslim" nations need a REASON to hate the United States? If they don't have one, they'll just make one up, like they have always done.

You leftists really don't get it. You can't make friends with savages. You don't shake the hand of somebody who has a knife in his other hand.

Did you conveniently FORGET about the Soviets and their version of "Vietnam", when they occupied Afghanistan during the 1980s?
The Soviets never occupied Afghanistan.

Do you really believe that the "Muslim" nations need a REASON to hate the United States? If they don't have one, they'll just make one up, like they have always done.
No one, not even Muslims, hate for no reason. You might not understand or agree with their logic, but Muslims (as a whole) have never hated the US. In 1970, I lived in Bahrain and traveled to Iraq, Iran ,Lebanon, and the UAE countries (before they were UAE). I traveled to Egypt, Saudia Arabia and West Pakistan (as it was called). The only ones who hated us were Palestinians. I was warmly welcomed into all Muslim countries.

You leftists really don't get it. You can't make friends with savages. You don't shake the hand of somebody who has a knife in his other hand.
<<mod edit name calling>>

Werbung:
The Soviets never occupied Afghanistan.

No one, not even Muslims, hate for no reason. You might not understand or agree with their logic, but Muslims (as a whole) have never hated the US. In 1970, I lived in Bahrain and traveled to Iraq, Iran ,Lebanon, and the UAE countries (before they were UAE). I traveled to Egypt, Saudia Arabia and West Pakistan (as it was called). The only ones who hated us were Palestinians. I was warmly welcomed into all Muslim countries.

I am not a leftist and you are an irrational Islamophobe.

<<mod edit: name calling>>

Back