Is the Economy improving?

Best thing to bring down the debt...would be jobs...and jobs don't come from cutting.

Your right about jobs, but raising taxes only insures that there will be fewer of them. The U.S. has the highest Corporate taxes and the small business guy is taxed at his personal rate, which could be as high as 40%, not counting all the other taxes he has to pay in relation to operating a business. There are hundreds, no thousands, of business regulations that also hurt businesses that are hidden taxes and prevent new companies from forming. Several successful business men have recently said there is no way they could have started their companies in today's business climate.

The biggest hindrance to people getting good jobs or starting a business today, is the abusive government interference. The more people who are working and paying taxes, the more money the government gets, and the more money there is for those who truly need it.

Werbung:
Best thing to bring down the debt...would be jobs...and jobs don't come from cutting.

Wrong. Jobs do come from cutting government spending. If you knew anything about history, you would know your statement to be completely false.

Read about what Harding and Coolidge did to reduce unemployment drastically and in a few short months. They cut government spending IN HALF. This lead to the Roaring 20s, which was one of America's most prosperous decades. Read about what the American government did shortly after the end of WWII. Government spending was cut significantly and lead to amazing economic growth for decades.

Government spending, at the levels our government is spending, reduces spending and shrinks the private sector causing high unemployment. This is true in Europe and Japan...and in the US. But leftists can't handle the truth, when it comes to critical analysis of the actions of their beloved big government.

Do I think they should start cutting now? no...Unemplyment is still to high and the gains are shaky at best still.

It has been that way for 5 years -- at what point would you say cuts can begin?

Also all spending and savings are not equal so one has to judge what to cut and spend with that in mind..We should spend...but in things that are investments and provide jobs...And cutting where we can as we don't need it...well thats something that should be done when ever its agreed its not needed. Regardless of the econ...But cutting things that are viewed as needed, such as teachers and police and upgrading the power grid, roads and other things have long term benefits, and short term as well. Where I think major cuts should come from is the one Republicans and I am guessing you..don't want ...The Military. The huge amounts of waste and programs that no one needs but are pet projects are a huge drain, and as we pull out of Afganistan, are done with Iraq...we should be doing that.

Since President Obama has taken office, the military has already cut $850 billion from its 10 year budget. With the sequester now in effect, it will have to cut about another $600 billion. So, the military over the coming decade has managed to cut about $1.5 trillion from its budget (not counting "war savings" which are a complete joke).

Where are the entitlement cuts?

If there is some agreement on some reforms for programs like Medicare or SS that will save money I am always open to them...if they don't effect the basic idea of the program ( ideas like makeing them private or vouchers...are pulling away from the system...means testing or changing some rules about ages or something of that nature...I would be willing to listen to. And I would be fine with lowering rates...if we dumped most of the breaks and made sure that companies and the rich realy had to pay there taxes at fair and still progressive rates)

There is never going to be "agreement" on reforms for these programs. Somone has to be a leader on the issue. These programs must be reformed if we want to keep these programs in place -- that is a simple fact. Not doing anything only means that future retirees won't get anything.

Also as far as your 2nd idea...I am not a democrat so I never claimed them to be perfect....though Republicans don;t actuly cut when in office...and lower taxes so we bring in less...and spend far more...I would at least take spend more and tax more...at least thats consistent. Goverment has actuly grown less under Obama then Bush...and I think same was true under Clinton though would have to look more at that.

"Government" has grown more slowly under Obama than Bush only if you add the "one-time" stimulus to the budget baseline. If you do away with that, there is really no comparison. Either the stimulus was a one time emergency measure -- or, as it seems now, it was a permanent addition to an already bloated budget.

Best thing we can do right now is grow the economy. But the government cannot do that in any efficient manner.

Werbung:
Why not cut funds from the FBI and Secret Service buy laying off the officers?
Why not cut funds from the IRS?
Why not cut funds from the EPA?
Why not cut funds from the FDA?
Why not cut funds from PBS?
Why not cut funds from the TSA?
Why not cut funds fron NEA
Why not cut funds from the Dept of agriculture?
Why not cut funds from dept of homeland security?

Why not those? Reagan did

Back