Is Western culture being destroyed?

It would be a good idea to bring the special power of attorney -- and ram it down the nurse's throat, or up the rear passage (whichever is suitable), if they still prohibit you from seeing your patient.

In most places a power of attorney will be trumped by the family's wishes. If your gay lover was to show up to see you, Nums, but your family was all religiously opposed to your evil lifestyle they could bar him from seeing you. Perhaps you could force the issue in court, but do you have the money and time to do that? In practice, family wishes are almost always the deciding factor in the eyes of the hospital--till they are forced by a court to do otherwise. This is the battle fought over and over again all through the lives of gay and transpeople, we have to have special legal papers on us at all times just so we have a chance at getting the same treatment that YOU receive without question. Again, this is very similar to the roadblocks that were put in the way of black people--and still are in some cases.

Werbung:
Proof: Terry Schiavo (sp?). Her husband had PoA...but it took a long court fight to exercise it.

That is because the right in question is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO LIVE WITHIN TERRY SCHIAVO. No legal document can be valid against the right to live.

Now that you have learned to respond using two sentences, you might want to put some facts and logic in them.

In most places a power of attorney will be trumped by the family's wishes. If your gay lover was to show up to see you, Nums, but your family was all religiously opposed to your evil lifestyle they could bar him from seeing you. Perhaps you could force the issue in court, but do you have the money and time to do that? In practice, family wishes are almost always the deciding factor in the eyes of the hospital--till they are forced by a court to do otherwise. This is the battle fought over and over again all through the lives of gay and transpeople, we have to have special legal papers on us at all times just so we have a chance at getting the same treatment that YOU receive without question. Again, this is very similar to the roadblocks that were put in the way of black people--and still are in some cases.

The human mental faculty is located at the other end of your anatomy. Be sure to use it when responding to me.

If a power of attorney containing the express wishes of the patient can be deflected by the family, what makes you think a marriage contract can't, hmmm?

Your penchant for offering non-sequiturs one after another has grown tiresome. I wouldn't always be here to explain things for you. At one point, you are going to have to think logically on your own.

Then why his that right not recognized by hospitals and emergency rooms?

You need to ask the hospital for that. Perhaps, you might want to pursue legal action for the express purpose of punishing them for such an impertinence.

The human mental faculty is located at the other end of your anatomy. Be sure to use it when responding to me.

If a power of attorney containing the express wishes of the patient can be deflected by the family, what makes you think a marriage contract can't, hmmm?

Your penchant for offering non-sequiturs one after another has grown tiresome. I wouldn't always be here to explain things for you. At one point, you are going to have to think logically on your own.

Because marriage is traditionally accepted in a way that power of attorney is not. Everybody knows what marriage is, how many people know what a power of attorney is?

I appreciate your continued cheap shots and personal attacks, juxtaposed to my pleasant, polite, and informative posts your jibes make you look kind of juvenile, insipid, perhaps even dim.

A marriage contract MAKES the partner FAMILY. I think that's a difference. In fact...it was put to a test in Terry Schiavo's case.

You need to ask the hospital for that. Perhaps, you might want to pursue legal action for the express purpose of punishing them for such an impertinence.

It's not trivial, and it's not impertinence and once the person has died...of what value is pursuing it? Where is any compassion in trivializing such an issue? Why should a gay couple have to go to such lengths and expense (if they have the resources) for the simple rights enjoyed at no cost by a married heterosexual couple?

That is because the right in question is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO LIVE WITHIN TERRY SCHIAVO. No legal document can be valid against the right to live.

Now that you have learned to respond using two sentences, you might want to put some facts and logic in them.

Terry Schiavo had been dead for fifteen years. It really is that simple. The woman was brain-dead, having exactly the mental faculties of a turnip.

Your unending stream of infantile personal attacks shows far better than I can the complete lack of foundation for your "thoughts".

Because marriage is traditionally accepted in a way that power of attorney is not. Everybody knows what marriage is, how many people know what a power of attorney is?

So, you want gay marriages to be accepted as 'traditional' when there is nothing, whatsoever, about it that conforms with tradition???

Do you have any control on how stupid you allow yourself to get?

And if not many people know what a power of attorney is, did it ever occur to you that you are simply incompetent with the way you conduct your campus tours and teach-ins. I'm afraid there is nothing any law can do about that.

Werbung:
Back