Lie-berman scheduled to speak at Hagee event?!

Vietvet

Wonder if he plans on going through with it, or will suddenly decide to throw Hageee under the bus to appease his "buddy" John McCain? Stay tuned, this should be interesting...:cool:

Seems "McCain's brain" (he tells him the diff between Shiite and Sunni, ya know)has been "in bed" with this fat-assed religious fanatic for quite awhile now..I can smell another political firestorm beginning..

Like Republicans USED to say about Wright..Hagee is the gift that's gonna just keep on givin'.:D

Karma can be a *****, can't it, cons? What goes around comes around. In spades.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/joseph-lieberman-to-headl_b_103624.html

Werbung:
Wonder if he plans on going through with it, or will suddenly decide to throw Hageee under the bus to appease his "buddy" John McCain? Stay tuned, this should be interesting...:cool:

Seems "McCain's brain" (he tells him the diff between Shiite and Sunni, ya know)has been "in bed" with this fat-assed religious fanatic for quite awhile now..I can smell another political firestorm beginning..

Like Republicans USED to say about Wright..Hagee is the gift that's gonna just keep on givin'.:D

Karma can be a *****, can't it, cons? What goes around comes around. In spades.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/joseph-lieberman-to-headl_b_103624.html

Yep, looks like Rev Hagee isn't going away anytime soon. The Repubs and their goofy supporters were having such a good time with Rev. Wright, my how things have changed. It's karma all right. Can't say they don't deserve it.

Kind of strange though, a Jew like traitorous Joe Lieberman hanging out with a man who thinks Hitler was an agent of God. Both good friends of McCain too, I trust the media will keep this story on the front burner where it belongs.

Yep, looks like Rev Hagee isn't going away anytime soon. The Repubs and their goofy supporters were having such a good time with Rev. Wright, my how things have changed. It's karma all right. Can't say they don't deserve it.

Kind of strange though, a Jew like traitorous Joe Lieberman hanging out with a man who thinks Hitler was an agent of God. Both good friends of McCain too, I trust the media will keep this story on the front burner where it belongs.

I really think McCain is planning on picking Joe as his running mate. If not, Joe is sure RUNNING for it,from the way he's cozying up to McCain. This latest "revelation" should throw a monkey wrench into that "plan.":cool:

I'm familiar with Hagee, as he is based in San Antonio, where I live. He's said enough ridiculous over-the-top things and written enough books to keep his detracters busy for years.He IS pro-Israel, but believes that Jews have to be converted to Christianity in order to be saved. The Hilter remarks are an indication of how far "off the rails" he can go. He's a total fanatic. Hagee wants the US to attack Iran in order to bring about Armageddon, which is why he likes McCain so much. Scary.

all the evangelical nutters are pro-israel, because it plays into their "prophecy." lieberman is pro-israel because he cares more about his religion than his country, which is a problem for a us senator... should be interesting to see how this plays out. will mccain have to reject-and-denounce lieberman, as part of his neverending attempt not to get caught with his hand in the unsavory acquaintance cookie jar?

Karma can be a *****, can't it, cons?

Wait, does this mean you're saying conservatives were wrong to criticize Wright, or that liberals were wrong to defend him?

Because if it seems to you like the situation is the same but merely reversed (it isn't, but let's say for a moment it is), and you're accusing conservatives of hypocrisy, well, the road cuts two ways -- because you're suddenly not interested in "context," are you?

Uh, sanity injection to a fevered lib thread: :D

Hagee's sermon was his interpretation of the prophet Jeremiah. The bible, especially the Old Testament, is replete with large scale destruction caused by God - Hagee's idea, while debateable by learned theological scholars, is within the general tradition of 2000 years of Christian theological interpretation.

The main theme here is the desperate, non-credible search by Obamabots for a McCain "Rev. Wright"; the subtext is libs' fury at someone supporting israel, especially one of those gun and religion clingers, who doesn't have libs' education, subtlety, sophistication ......... ah, hell - let's tell it like it is - their anti-semitism.

Carry on. :D

Wait, does this mean you're saying conservatives were wrong to criticize Wright, or that liberals were wrong to defend him?

Because if it seems to you like the situation is the same but merely reversed (it isn't, but let's say for a moment it is), and you're accusing conservatives of hypocrisy, well, the road cuts two ways -- because you're suddenly not interested in "context," are you?

I'm saying that if conservatives hadn't been making so much noise about Obama's pastor in the first place, that it's highly doubtful that most of us would even know who John Hagee is, OR be talking about the idiotic things HE has said in the past. The right started the discussion about religion in the first place. Now they've got egg on their faces. You reap what you sow. THAT'S what I am saying.

Uh, sanity injection to a fevered lib thread: :D

Hagee's sermon was his interpretation of the prophet Jeremiah. The bible, especially the Old Testament, is replete with large scale destruction caused by God - Hagee's idea, while debateable by learned theological scholars, is within the general tradition of 2000 years of Christian theological interpretation.

The main theme here is the desperate, non-credible search by Obamabots for a McCain "Rev. Wright"; the subtext is libs' fury at someone supporting israel, especially one of those gun and religion clingers, who doesn't have libs' education, subtlety, sophistication ......... ah, hell - let's tell it like it is - their anti-semitism.

Carry on. :D

Oh, I see...Is that where Hagee found the verse that says Hitler was a "hunter", and that he was sent by God to make sure the Jews would be returning to Israel-by KILLING THEM??:confused:

Whatever you say..:rolleyes:

I'm saying that if conservatives hadn't been making so much noise about Obama's pastor in the first place, that it's highly doubtful that most of us would even know who John Hagee is, OR be talking about the idiotic things HE has said in the past. The right started the discussion about religion in the first place. Now they've got egg on their faces You reap what you sow. THAT'S what I am saying.

An imbecelic equivalence. McCain, who surely didn't know Haggee from the man in the moon, accepted his support pro forma. When he found out what he said ten years ago, after libbies dug it up, he cut him off. Obama, on the other hand, sat and listened to the racism and anti-americanism for 20 years. Both situations the same? :D Uh, noooooooooooooooooooo. :p

An imbecelic equivalence. McCain, who surely didn't know Haggee from the man in the moon, accepted his support pro forma. When he found out what he said ten years ago, after libbies dug it up, he cut him off. Obama, on the other hand, sat and listened to the racism and anti-americanism for 20 years. Both situations the same? :D Uh, noooooooooooooooooooo. :p

If you want to start throwing terms like "imbecillic"around, you should probably learn to spell it first..Secondly, McCain didn't just "accept" Hagee's support, he actively SOUGHT his support, for over a year, and was elated when he finally got it.:eek:

Not to mention Rod Parsley, the other right wing-nut preacher who McCain called his "spiritual guide.." Hey, you people on the right wanted to start talking religion, not us.:D

Problem is, he never even bothered to consider the possibility that Hagee might just be a certified nutcake. Doesn't say much about his vetting ability, does it?OR his judgement.

Finally, it's not just what Hagee said ten years or whatever, ago. It's what he says EVERY SUNDAY. Hell, he's all over TV and You Tube, all you have to do is click onto a snippet of any of his sermons, and you'll find him there, in all his "radiant glory", spouting out one idiotic statement after another..

see, that's the thing, we "libs" don't have to search feverishly for mccain's rev. wright-- he just up and accepted endorsements from at least two religious figures who are every bit as fanatical and bigoted as wright himself.

here's what really fries my cheese: obama is attacked for the POLITICAL views of someone he knew PERSONALLY. ok, maybe that's legitimate, i'll give it to you.

but when mccain associates with these pastors for SOLELY POLITICAL REASONS, he deserves some kind of pass?

would you please explain, libsmoothie, why it's okay for your candidate to knowingly associate with people who call catholicism a "godless theology," characterize ALL muslims as having a "scriptural mandate" to kill christians and jews, attribute the holocaust to the "disobedience" of the jewish people, claim hurricane katrina was proof "of the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans," advocate a holy war against the "false religion" of islam, and compare planned parenthood to the kkk?

EDIT: and if mccain failed to properly vet hagee and parsley, doesn't that showing a glaring lack of judgment or organization? one that would be potentially problematic in a president? please don't respond by talking about what obama heard, we all know about that and it's not relevant to what I'M addressing here. ok, obama is bad, new topic: what about these problems of mccain's?

links:
pp/kkk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8-9AGGsQw
holy war: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZbIGJrDkg
god's judgement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zASVwKZglAM&feature=related
jewish disobedience: from hagee's book, jerusalem countdown: a prelude to war
muslim mandate: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6097362
godless theology: http://www.mosquitonet.com/~prewett/hag0109.html , from hagee's article, should christians support israel?

If you want to start throwing terms like "imbecillic"around, you should probably learn to spell it first..Secondly, McCain didn't just "accept" Hagee's support, he actively SOUGHT his support, for over a year, and was elated when he finally got it.

Proof? Citation? And he knew what libs dug up at the time?

Not to mention Rod Parsley, the other right wing-nut preacher who McCain called his "spiritual guide.." Hey, you people on the right wanted to start talking religion, not us.:D

Proof? Citation?

Problem is, he never even bothered to consider the possibility that Hagee might just be a certified nutcake. Doesn't say much about his vetting ability, does it?OR his judgement.

Actually, what it says is his campaign has been chronically underfunded, and he couldn't hire people to run all over the landscape and see what dirt libs would be able to dig up about his millions of contributors.

Finally, it's not just what Hagee said ten years or whatever, ago. It's what he says EVERY SUNDAY. Hell, he's all over TV and You Tube, all you have to do is click onto a snippet of any of his sermons, and you'll find him there, in all his "radiant glory", spouting out one idiotic statement after another..

McCain didn't listen to him for 20 years, or maybe not even 20 minutes. Give it up. :eek:

dude, smooshie, it's called youtube, and it takes 30 seconds to find out that these guys were off their rockers. there's no digging to be done, it's all out there.

edit: millions of contributors? i linked a video above where mccain called parsley his "spiritual guide." stop trying to write this off. you're WORSE than most obama supporters, at least we can generally admit that rev. wright was a mistake, even though it was a PERSONAL relationship. you can't even admit that your candidate MAY have made a SINGLE mistake in the POLITICAL relationships that he cultivated.

Proof? Citation? And he knew what libs dug up at the time?

Proof? Citation?

Actually, what it says is his campaign has been chronically underfunded, and he couldn't hire people to run all over the landscape and see what dirt libs would be able to dig up about his millions of contributors.

McCain didn't listen to him for 20 years, or maybe not even 20 minutes. Give it up. :eek:
That is about the lamest series of responses to a post I've EVER seen. Give it up??

Don't you read the papers or watch television? Do I have to give you "proof" of what Hagee has said? Hell, go to You Tube and find it, are you too lazy to do that, or what? There's the quote about Katrina being punishment from God because of a gay parade being staged that day, his references to the Catholic church as the "great whore," on and on and on..Are you serious?

Since when do you have to hire people to "run all over the landscape" to vet somebody that you've spent over a YEAR "courting", for their support. McCain was aware of the things I just mentioned, yet didn't bother throwing the damned fool under the bus until the "Hitler" quote finally came out. Why?And why DIDN'T he "listen to him for twenty minutes," since he was kissing his ass for over a year trying to get his support????

It's all because his campaign has been "chronically underfunded..":rolleyes:

Give it up??:D:D

Werbung:
all the evangelical nutters are pro-israel, because it plays into their "prophecy." lieberman is pro-israel because he cares more about his religion than his country, which is a problem for a us senator... should be interesting to see how this plays out. will mccain have to reject-and-denounce lieberman, as part of his neverending attempt not to get caught with his hand in the unsavory acquaintance cookie jar?

A novel idea for Americans in the Senate, Congress and white House...how about Policy that is good for America? Not your church? Bring about the end of times on your own time, when working Protect US interest and our homeland and leave your Bible and Torah at Home. If you think Israel is best for US interest on those merits alone, fine, I dont agree but fine...If you do it becuse you are Jewish or Christiana and some biblical event to happen. You are saying to me you are willing to sacrifice Americans for your own personal Religion.

Also why is Joe Dem?

Back