Male bovine excrement is getting pretty deep.

PLC1

Staff member
Take, for example, this statement from a fertile source of organic fertilizer:

The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen. Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression. He hasn't done anything yet but his ideas are killing the economy. His ideas are killing Wall Street.

Obama is to blame for the recession before he even takes office? How can any thinking person take this kind of drivel at face value?

And, yet, there seem to be quite a few dittoheads out there, tinfoil hats firmly in place, Kool Aid cups in hand, letting the mighty Rush do their thinking for them.

Werbung:
I read most of his book "See, I Told You So". He made it very clear that his beginnings were as a radio shock-jock. It's hard to tell if he believed what he said at the beginning, but now I would guess that he does. It seems that a lot of people both left and right are doing the same on this forum. I guess shock-jocking is entertaining to some, and it certainly does sell.

Obama is to blame for the recession before he even takes office? How can any thinking person take this kind of drivel at face value?

And, yet, there seem to be quite a few dittoheads out there, tinfoil hats firmly in place, Kool Aid cups in hand, letting the mighty Rush do their thinking for them.

The point was most likely that wall street simply reacted to his election. I doubt anyone believes imaginary laws that he not passed is responsible for anything.

Now the effect his election had on wall street is debatable. Pretty much every day we get some more bad news, such as job report, things such as that that usually drive wall street.

The stock market took an all-time record two day dive when he got elected. People know what will happen, and OBVIOUSLY they would be foolish to wait till he's inaugurated. Yep, we're already seeing the effects of Botulism.

The stock market took an all-time record two day dive when he got elected. People know what will happen, and OBVIOUSLY they would be foolish to wait till he's inaugurated. Yep, we're already seeing the effects of Botulism.

It also showed a great day on the day of the election with him as the clear front-runner.

There is more to the market right now than just the election of Obama. Once he gets in office he could put policies in place that the market opposes and hurt it, but he has not done any of this as of yet.

It also showed a great day on the day of the election with him as the clear front-runner.

There is more to the market right now than just the election of Obama. Once he gets in office he could put policies in place that the market opposes and hurt it, but he has not done any of this as of yet.

Once again, the market typically looks six months ahead. The market had already discounted the things that had happened before Botulism was elected. The market won't wait till the month, day, and second of the accession of the Bot King - it knows what he's promised - and reacted accordingly when he was elected, with a record drop.

Once again, the market typically looks six months ahead. The market had already discounted the things that had happened before Botulism was elected. The market won't wait till the month, day, and second of the accession of the Bot King - it knows what he's promised - and reacted accordingly when he was elected, with a record drop.

I would normally agree with this, but the market has been so volatile lately and reacting in ways that it should not, I think it is hard to tell at this point.

Yes he is to blame. Nobama is part of the do nothing Congress, paid off by Fannie and Freddie, represented Acorn and all had a hand in allowing both GSEs to securitize bad loans that sand bagged our economy and then the stock market. Read the news. There is too much evidence here to say Nobama wasn't at least partly to blame. People actually voted for him???

Dittoheads, tinfoild hats, kool-aid cups?? Those are terms used to describe a liberal.

The Obama recession

Amazing. The spin never ceases to entertain.

He hasn't even taken oath yet and already BushCo are exonerated from trashing our economy with his expensive hostile takeover of Iraqui Oil and now it's the "Obama Recession."

Guess what? The dems are writing the history books now pal. You've got Fox News. Enjoy it while you can.
:rolleyes:

Amazing. The spin never ceases to entertain.

He hasn't even taken oath yet and already BushCo are exonerated from trashing our economy with his expensive hostile takeover of Iraqui Oil and now it's the "Obama Recession."

Guess what? The dems are writing the history books now pal. You've got Fox News. Enjoy it while you can.
:rolleyes:

enjoy it while you can? do you know of some plan of ObamaCo to take away free speech?

enjoy it while you can? do you know of some plan of ObamaCo to take away free speech?

The moguls of rant radio seem to think so. They keep going on and on about the "fairness doctrine", and how the "liberals" want to put them out of business.

The problem with their argument is that Obama opposes the "fairness doctrine."

Dittoheads, tinfoild hats, kool-aid cups?? Those are terms used to describe a liberal.

A liberal dittohead? No, I really don't think so.

The moguls of rant radio seem to think so. They keep going on and on about the "fairness doctrine", and how the "liberals" want to put them out of business.

The problem with their argument is that Obama opposes the "fairness doctrine."

A liberal dittohead? No, I really don't think so.

sorry but obama opposing anything is meaningless. He opposed wiretapping till he didnt, he opposed homosexual marriage until he didnt

he himself said if there was no talk radio and fox news he would be over 20 pts ahead in the polls.

you can put your faith in him if you like, but there isnt a chance in hell that I ever will

sorry but obama opposing anything is meaningless. He opposed wiretapping till he didnt, he opposed homosexual marriage until he didnt

he himself said if there was no talk radio and fox news he would be over 20 pts ahead in the polls.

you can put your faith in him if you like, but there isnt a chance in hell that I ever will

I doubt that talk radio had much of an impact on the number of votes for Obama. The ranters were mostly preaching to the choir anyway. There may have been a few like me listening to see what they had to say, but we make up out own minds anyway.

When did he favor wiretapping and homosexual marriage? I must have missed that.

And, I'm sure that you won't put your faith into him. As for me, I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself. He has taken on a nearly impossible job, with the economy being what it is, and the wars in Iraq and Afganistan.

Not that I'm dancing in the streets and calling for a national holiday, you understand.

He's been elected, he's made promises that are bad for the economy, presumably he'll do what he's said he'll do (or do you think he's a liar? ), and people DON'T WAIT for the actual disaster to happen but reacted as soon as the Bot Era was certain after the election - what part don't you get einstein? :D :rolleyes:

Werbung:
He's been elected, he's made promises that are bad for the economy, presumably he'll do what he's said he'll do (or do you think he's a liar? ), and people DON'T WAIT for the actual disaster to happen but reacted as soon as the Bot Era was certain after the election - what part don't you get einstein? :D :rolleyes:

The actual disaster has happened already. Whether Obama and his Democratic Congress can mitigate it remains to be seen. Whether McCain could have done so no one will ever be able to say.

Of course, partisans will say that McCain could have done a much better job, but, then, they always support their team, no matter what.

There are still a few who think Bush did a terrific job.

Back