Mao ZeDong

Ultimately and fundamentally, Mao Zedong was a tyrant of China. His reign was responsible for thousands of deaths among Chinese civilians; His frantic economic and political policies almost ultimately resulted in failure and because of his gorse negligence toward the Chinese people, The PRC is now today one of the most policed states in the world which deprives many natural rights to its citizens, rights that a common westerner would take for granted such as freedom of religion or speech.

To help show my view of Mao Zedong: the following is an excerpt from an essay I wrote concerning the “Great Leap Forward.”

“Because of the outlandish policies of a frantic government struggling to catch up with modern industrialization, the Chinese became more desperate for a successful economic outcome. This course of action became justified by its dubious economic policies which almost ultimately resulted in failure. In the later years of Mao’s grand experiment, the Chinese government was brought to a bigger problem than economic status, its people were starving. Because of a lack of agricultural focus and a combination of unfavorable weather, the whole of china began to experience a serious crop failure. There was not enough food to appease the appetite china had. And as a result, 20 million Chinese brothers and sisters died at the hand of a father who did not love them.”

Werbung:
Anyone who cannot stand criticism shouldn't be on a political forum. This one is very tame really.

Some of the people here are unfamiliar with history except cold war propaganda. If this country had been willing to help people throw off the facist dictators who ruled them, most of them would not have had to turn to the communists. American presidents to this day are more comfortable with dictators than elected democrats. Cuba would not be communist if we had been willing to kick Batista out.

Werbung:
I have never heard a convincing argument that communist China accomplished anything that a democratic China couldn't have (and probably with less chaos and bloodshed).

He ought to be shunted into the dustbin of history along with the apologists and fellow-travelers who delivered China into his hands.

Back