Mars Temperature is increasing without greenhouse gases

asur

The planet Mars is undergoing significant global warming, new data from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) show, lending support to many climatologists' claims that the Earth's modest warming during the past century is due primarily to a recent upsurge in solar energy.

Martian Ice Shrinking Dramatically

According to a September 20 NASA news release, "for three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress." Because a Martian year is approximately twice as long as an Earth year, the shrinking of the Martian polar ice cap has been ongoing for at least six Earth years.

The shrinking is substantial. According to Michael Malin, principal investigator for the Mars Orbiter Camera, the polar ice cap is shrinking at "a prodigious rate."

"The images, documenting changes from 1999 to 2005, suggest the climate on Mars is presently warmer, and perhaps getting warmer still, than it was several decades or centuries ago," reported Yahoo News on September 20.

Solar Link Possible

Scientists are not sure whether the Martian warming is entirely due to Mars-specific forces or may be the result of other forces, such as increasing solar output, which would explain much of the recent asserted warming of the Earth as well.

Sallie Baliunas, chair of the Science Advisory Board at the George C. Marshall Institute, said, "Pluto, like Mars, is also undergoing warming." However, Baliunas speculated it is "likely not the sun but long-term processes on Mars and Pluto" causing the warming. However, until more information is gathered, Baliunas said, it is difficult to know for sure.

Pat Michaels, past president of the American Association of State Climatologists and senior fellow at the Cato Institute, similarly expressed a desire for more information about the Martian climate. "What is the internal dynamic that is warming Mars?" asked Michaels. "Given the fact that there are not a lot of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions on Mars, and given the fact that new research indicates that 10 to 30 percent estimated conservatively of Earth's recent warming is due to increased solar output, the Martian warming may support that new research."

Werbung:
Oh NO!!

We are going to get stuck paying for that!

There will be some new stim package and new restriction on all Americans to counter the global warming on Mars!

Personally I do not believe in global warming, though I do think that we are in for global cooling in the near future.

There was a big deal made about some info that proved global warming was wrong being suppressed. I never did follow up on that.

Yes, they are afraid to admit on earth that the global earth temperature
has dropped here over the past year.

Even though we are producing more gases worldwide the temperature dropped.

Do you know why they(liberal greenies and Obama) are afraid to admit the gloabl temperature has cooled on Earth in the past year?

Yes, they are afraid to admit on earth that the global earth temperature
has dropped here over the past year.

Even though we are producing more gases worldwide the temperature dropped.

Do you know why they(liberal greenies and Obama) are afraid to admit the gloabl temperature has cooled on Earth in the past year?

I figured because they would look even more stupid than they already do and global warming scare has become big money for government in taxes and lobbiests exc.

That is my uneducated guess :)

What is the reason?

Yes, PANDORA you are probably right.

The planet can't hide heat. It's impossible to conceal heat, scientifically
speaking, even for a year. At least that is the common sense scientific theory.
We had a ~ 1 degree drop in temperature last year and several statistically flat or down years now. Heat is a form of energy and is supposed to obey the laws of physics at
all times.

If global warming were due only to greenhouse gases, then if gases increase, the temperatures would always have to increase and we could never have a down year.
But we did!

Green scientists knows this common sense fact, but fail to discuss it.
They like to point out that global warming is inevitable due to laws of physics, only
when it suits their political views.

In fact they lie and state nonsense like the oceans are absorbing the heat for now.
But obviously if the oceans absorb heat they would get warmer and
the temperature overall still would go up.

Green scientists simply let their politics get in the way of scientific truth.

Yes, PANDORA you are probably right.

The planet can't hide heat. It's impossible to conceal heat, scientifically
speaking, even for a year. At least that is the common sense scientific theory.
We had a ~ 1 degree drop in temperature last year and several statistically flat or down years now. Heat is a form of energy and is supposed to obey the laws of physics at
all times.

If global warming were due only to greenhouse gases, then if gases increase, the temperatures would always have to increase and we could never have a down year.
But we did!

Green scientists knows this common sense fact, but fail to discuss it.
They like to point out that global warming is inevitable due to laws of physics, only
when it suits their political views.

In fact they lie and state nonsense like the oceans are absorbing the heat for now.
But obviously if the oceans absorb heat they would get warmer and
the temperature overall still would go up.

Green scientists simply let their politics get in the way of scientific truth.

Do you believe in global cooling? I mean well of course you must. We all know we have had ice ages... but I mean do you believe we are heading that way again?

I do, though I don’t know if I believe it will be as bad as past ice ages..

such simple minds....lets just ignore that your talking about 2 different systems. If Mars got colder or stayed the same..would you say that was proof global warming was real ? no, but sure you have no idea why it is, becuse that would take work and science to figure out...and lets just ignore the logic of if you pour pollution and gasses into a ecosystem....It will yes effect it....

such simple minds....lets just ignore that your talking about 2 different systems. If Mars got colder or stayed the same..would you say that was proof global warming was real ? no, but sure you have no idea why it is, becuse that would take work and science to figure out...and lets just ignore the logic of if you pour pollution and gasses into a ecosystem....It will yes effect it....

Well now Pocket, I did say mine was an uneducated guess.

Pandora - I don't know if we are entering an ice age now. We have experienced
significant cooling on earth, the past year or so. Significant, according to
scientists, So the greenies are working hard on new theories to account for this in their global warming theory.

They are probably getting discouraged by this significant
cooling as of late and may have to claim greenhouse gases produce global cooling, instead.

Werbung:
Pandora - I don't know if we are entering an ice age now. We have experienced
significant cooling on earth, the past year or so. Significant, according to
scientists, So the greenies are working hard on new theories to account for this in their global warming theory.

They are probably getting discouraged by this significant
cooling as of late and may have to claim greenhouse gases produce global cooling, instead.

But how can green house gasses make global warming and global cooling?

Back