Martial Law in Pakistan

Truth-Bringer

Martial Law in Pakistan

Another politician, former cricketer Imran Khan, said he had been placed under house arrest. He blamed the increasing extremism in Pakistan on Gen Musharraf, saying: "When you stop all legal and constitutional ways of people challenging [the president], then the only ones who challenge him are people with a gun."

Rest of Article Here

Yes, our wonderful allies in the fight for freedom... Wonderful, that is, except for the fact that they're hypocrites who won't allow freedom...

Reminds me of another quote:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy

Werbung:
I am aware of the situation in Pakistan. It certainly is troublesome considering where it is and what they have in silos. I hope cooler heads will prevail. Its a tough call when it comes to democratic elections when the AQ party could win ala, Hamas.

VYO,
You mean our good friends the Pakistanis? Those who have violated the NPT?
Well we still have the Saudis, I mean, isnt it great knowing they keep the oil taps on? In the meantime thier citizens have flown...well you know the rest. But wait there is more, thier glowing human rights efforts, I mean how nice is it to know they also are capable of botching an execution, just like us. The second sword chop must really suck.
Ah then there is everyone's favorite Santa Elves, the Chinese. Nothing like a good famine to ensure productivety. Maybe throw in some democracy and we ought to work with them to build a bridge over the ocean to make goods cheaper from WalMart.
Meanwhile, those bastards the Canadians. Our largest trading partner, cant figure out if they are english or french. They whine when they take an airstrike in Afghanistan from friendly forces, but wont help in Iraq. Something about the Bush administration and false intel on the situation.

Yeah nothing like total hypocrisy when it comes to our foreign policy. Our three most important allies it appears, are totally at odds with our value systems.
Meanwhile we shun the Canadians. BTW, I love the Canadians.

Werbung:
VYO,
You mean our good friends the Pakistanis? Those who have violated the NPT?
Well we still have the Saudis, I mean, isnt it great knowing they keep the oil taps on? In the meantime thier citizens have flown...well you know the rest. But wait there is more, thier glowing human rights efforts, I mean how nice is it to know they also are capable of botching an execution, just like us. The second sword chop must really suck.

Yes...and there's more.

The Saudi government is composed of an illegitimate group of thugs and ruling elites hated by their own people. They arrest anyone who brings a Bible into their country because they've made it illegal to do so. They torture and execute anyone who converts to Christianity. Gross human rights violations occur on a regular basis. Let's take a good look at this ally some seem to love and support so dearly:

"Why is the Name Saudi Arabia So Important?

It causes the misleading assumption that members of the Saudi family are the rightful owners of the place and the rightful representatives of the people. It's as if a Canadian family named Ferguson had conquered Canada and had the gall to rename it Ferguson Canada, and everyone in the world including the USG (US Government) now referred to all Canadians as Fergusons. It is one of the most successful hoaxes in history.

The Saudis are dictators who rule the other tribes with a heavy hand. If they didn't have all that oil, other cultures would regard them as just one more group of thugs in the same league as Qadaffi, Assad and Saddam Hussein.

The key point for our investments is that the Saudi royal family is roundly hated by their subjects. The king and his tribe live in great opulence that provokes much jealously. Everyone knows the Saudi tribe has no more rightful claim to the oil money than any other tribe.

The Saudis have two armies so that if one revolts they can pit the other one against it.

Their primary means of preventing revolts has been to spread some of the wealth around in the theory that if the population can be kept in a kind of welfare stupor like domesticated cattle, few will have the initiative to revolt. So far it's worked.

They allow no freedom of speech or press. Every non-Saudi knows that if he gets caught saying something unflattering about a member of the royal family, he could vanish.

It's a big family. Ibn-Saud had 150 wives, so today a legion of 6,000 Saudi princes occupy the most important and high-paying jobs and keep the economy in a chokehold of nepotism.

Political parties are not permitted. Activists are arrested and tortured, including electric shock and flogging. Judges are influenced by the royal family and they can be overruled by the king.

No one in the Islamic world ever forgets that the hated Saudi conquerors sit atop 260 billion barrels of oil and they got there with the help of one of Islam's oldest enemies, Britain. Worse, the Saudis are trying to stay there with the help of Britain's ally, the US. This is a time bomb that will go off. Count on it. The only question is when."

Link

Back