McCain lies in interview with Pittsburgh station

Popeye

In an interview with Pittsburgh, Pa station KDKA earlier this week McCain had this to say:

"When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting lineup -- defensive line -- of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron-mates!"

However, in his autobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain told the same story, only slightly differently:

Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant. Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron.

The only question is this... is this simply another case of McCain's advanced age surfacing, another senior moment so to speak? Or is the old "Songbird" engaging in political pandering by lying?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/in-pennsylvania.html

Werbung:
In an interview with Pittsburgh, Pa station KDKA earlier this week McCain had this to say:

However in his authobiography, Faith of My Fathers, McCain told the same story, only slightly differently:

The only question is this... is this simply another case of McCain's advanced age surfacing, another senior moment so to speak? Or is the old "Songbird" engaging in political pandering by lying?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/07/in-pennsylvania.html

I was going to start this tread myself after seeing what happened on TV... glad I looked it up first... you beat me to it!

It's Alzheimer's!!! The man really can't remember what he's sad over and over again on this unforgettable subject and even wrote in his book, Faith of My Fathers... it was the Greenbay Packers offensive line.

Hey I'd be fine saying the Flip Flopper was just pandering to the people in Pittsburgh but that's truly, really, seriously, not it!!!

We can't
have a President
that's in the
early stages
of mental loss!!!!!!!!
:eek:

I was going to start this tread myself after seeing what happened on TV... glad I looked it up first... you beat me to it!

It's Alzheimer's!!! The man really can't remember what he's sad over and over again on this unforgettable subject and even wrote in his book, Faith of My Fathers... it was the Greenbay Packers offensive line.

Hey I'd be fine saying the Flip Flopper was just pandering to the people in Pittsburgh but that's truly, really, seriously, not it!!!

We can't
have a President
that's in the
early stages
of mental loss!!!!!!!!
:eek:

The Steelers didn't have that famous defensive line until the 1970's, well after McCain had been released. It could be an obvious but clumsy job of pandering because, if he's that forgetful, he's farther gone that previously thought.

The man can't remember the name of a pro football team, that he used to keep the NVA from beating the crap out of him, from 40 years ago, and THIS is supposed to be some basis for impugning his character?

The man can't remember the name of a pro football team, that he used to keep the NVA from beating the crap out of him, from 40 years ago, and THIS is supposed to be some basis for impugning his character?

Fed its a story he has said many many many times...its in his book, if he forgot that kinda says something...but the thing is , i am not so sure he forgot, but rather was trying to get some cheap points or use it to bring up his POW status for no reason.

Fed its a story he has said many many many times...its in his book, if he forgot that kinda says something...but the thing is , i am not so sure he forgot, but rather was trying to get some cheap points or use it to bring up his POW status for no reason.

Don't take this the wrong way buddy, but WHOOP-T-DOO. So what if he got the names mixed up, hell, I've been talking to service buddies about crap that happened 40 years ago and had to be corrected when I got the name of some village confused with another village, or mistakenly said that "so-and-so" was there when in actuality he hadn't joined the unit yet, and it was somebody else. It's called CRS disease, and it's not a factor of age, it's a factor of how important that particular detail is to the overall impact of the memory. The name of the team isn't what's important, it's the fact that he named off the players on SOME team and bought himself a bit of time between beatings, and in the overall scheme of things, it was the beatings and the reprieve that were really important, not the story he told to GET that reprieve.

This kind of rhetoric is as silly as calling someone a liar because they can't remember what night of the week they ate at a particular restaurant 2 years ago. It doesn't matter what night of the week it was, it matters that you ate at the restaurant.

Don't take this the wrong way buddy, but WHOOP-T-DOO. So what if he got the names mixed up, hell, I've been talking to service buddies about crap that happened 40 years ago and had to be corrected when I got the name of some village confused with another village, or mistakenly said that "so-and-so" was there when in actuality he hadn't joined the unit yet, and it was somebody else. It's called CRS disease, and it's not a factor of age, it's a factor of how important that particular detail is to the overall impact of the memory. The name of the team isn't what's important, it's the fact that he named off the players on SOME team and bought himself a bit of time between beatings, and in the overall scheme of things, it was the beatings and the reprieve that were really important, not the story he told to GET that reprieve.

This kind of rhetoric is as silly as calling someone a liar because they can't remember what night of the week they ate at a particular restaurant 2 years ago. It doesn't matter what night of the week it was, it matters that you ate at the restaurant.

I can, though questions have surfaced about his collaborations with the communists, believe the original story about him reciting the names of the Packers offensive line. After all when McCain was captured Green Bay were the NFL champions.

However, Pittsburgh's famous defensive line did not really take shape until the mid seventies, McCain was captured in 1967. This was, most likely, a case of political pandering, clumsy (as in lies) as it is. And if that's not the case, then he has an extreme problem with his memory and is not fit enough to be president.

I can, though questions have surfaced about his collaborations with the communists, believe the original story about him reciting the names of the Packers offensive line. After all when McCain was captured Green Bay were the NFL champions.

However, Pittsburgh's famous defensive line did not really take shape until the mid seventies, McCain was captured in 1967. This was, most likely, a case of political pandering, clumsy (as in lies) as it is. And if that's not the case, then he has an extreme problem with his memory and is not fit enough to be president.

Pure crap. If somebody cornered you up and asked you the details about something that happened 40 years ago today, and did the same thing 5 years from now, I can GUARAN-DAMNED-TEE you that some of the details would be different. Does that make you a "liar"? Does that mean that you're not "fit" enough for something? NO, it means that those particular details aren't really important TO YOU, so they're not worth really keeping track of.

Pure crap. If somebody cornered you up and asked you the details about something that happened 40 years ago today, and did the same thing 5 years from now, I can GUARAN-DAMNED-TEE you that some of the details would be different. Does that make you a "liar"? Does that mean that you're not "fit" enough for something? NO, it means that those particular details aren't really important TO YOU, so they're not worth really keeping track of.

The names and the team that he supposedly gave when interrogated aren't important to him? Well they sure seemed important enough that he kept parading around that story throughout this political career and during this campaign. Heck it's even in his book.

Now, in Pittsburgh, the name of the team suddenly changes to the Steelers? What is that, just a coincidence? Give me a break, the guy is either a bad liar or he's lost his memory. I happen to think it could be either one, as he has exhibited both lying and memory loss so far in this campaign.

You make the case yourself. How could John McCain NOT remember? :confused:

The being tortured at the time thing would OF COURSE make it a MOST MEMORABLE TOPIC.

Mr. McCain had absolutely no problems whatsoever telling the EXACT same story about the PACKERS over and over again all throughout his life and even documented the incident at length in his book.

But I do tend to disagree a little with Popeye on this one. I have some reservations that this was as much a calculated pandering lie to the people of Pittsburgh as true elderly forgetfulness. He's very old to be trying to keep up this hectic campaign schedule. That plus regular everyday old age forgetfulness (possibly the signs of the onset of early Alzheimer's) is something that has appeared a lot more than once with John McCain this run.

I respect anyone John McCain included that has served in the military. As I've said before my wife is ex-Army Military Intelligence. But having done some honorable things in the past doesn't alter the present. And the present is now unfortunately John McCain has Flip Flopped on almost every stance he had the last time he ran for President and he just cannot mentally or physically keep up... and that's showing up a lot in numerous repeated glaring misstatements & just plain critical mistakes.

It's sad I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hGY985Zio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wD0Gf9w5DA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXnzeuARyoA

when you told the story as many times as he has, including his book, you realy think he just forgot what team it was that he named? I highly doubt it.

Werbung:
when you told the story as many times as he has, including his book, you realy think he just forgot what team it was that he named? I highly doubt it.

Well buddy, I guess this is another one that we're just going to have to agree to disagree about. ;)

Like I said, some things are important, some aren't. It's like everyone getting so worked up about BO and the "57 States" thing. BIG FRICKIN' DEAL! The man mis-spoke, and now everyone's trying to make political hay out of it. WTF is wrong with some people? Can't they comprehend the difference between REAL politics and mindless BULLS***? Going after McCain about the name of a football team, and going after BO for the 57 States in nothing more than grade school "gotcha" games, and if THAT'S the best that someone can come up with, then, IMNSHO, they're entirely too damned stupid to be ALLOWED to vote, in ANY election, EVER. And that includes Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Alan Colmes, Ariana Huffingbiotch, or any of the other "talking heads".

If "stupid is as stupid does", then they're ALL nothing but complete drooling MORONS!!

Back