McCain makes a fool of himself

Popeye

Three times, within the last couple days, McCain has claimed it was "common knowledge" the Iranians were training Al Qaeda terrorists and sending them into Iraq. Yesterday, in Israel, party traitor Joe Lieberman actually had to stop McCain during his speech to have him correct his mistake.(video below) Thing here is, Al Qaeda is primarily Sunni, while Iran is a Shiite controlled nation. He then said that Iranians had been training Muslim extremists not Al Qaeda. Does anyone get the impression this guy is just too old to be president?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4THiNvVX4

Werbung:
Hi there Popeye,
I gotta tell you, I dont think he is to old to be President. He isnt my first choice, but overall, I think he would be alright as President. America needs to move to the center of the political spectrum after 8 years of this tragedy.
I like Obama, but I like McCain more than Hillary.

Hi there Popeye,
I gotta tell you, I dont think he is to old to be President. He isnt my first choice, but overall, I think he would be alright as President. America needs to move to the center of the political spectrum after 8 years of this tragedy.
I like Obama, but I like McCain more than Hillary.

I'm sorry Bunz. I know I often have a differing position than yours, but I've always had respect, ya know? But where in the world do you get the idea that Obama is in any way, shape or form centrist? Please, cite one official position he's taken to show that. Not campaign rhetoric or speeches, but votes, bills he's authored or sponsored, etc.

I'm serious. I'd really like to understand why you see it that way.

I'm sorry Bunz. I know I often have a differing position than yours, but I've always had respect, ya know? But where in the world do you get the idea that Obama is in any way, shape or form centrist? Please, cite one official position he's taken to show that. Not campaign rhetoric or speeches, but votes, bills he's authored or sponsored, etc.

I'm serious. I'd really like to understand why you see it that way.

No worries TAA, maybe I will clarify further. Firstly, I am not a partisan and cant stand our system of parties. I never said Obama was a centrist and am fully aware he isnt. Maybe what I should have said, is that it would be wise for the GOP to move to the center which they have through the McCain nomination. That being said, I would still vote for McCain over Hillary if she were to become the nominee. I like Obama, I think we need a breath of fresh air into American government he brings. The other scenario being for me personally a lesser of two evils sort of thing.

Three times, within the last couple days, McCain has claimed it was "common knowledge" the Iranians were training Al Qaeda terrorists and sending them into Iraq. Yesterday, in Israel, party traitor Joe Lieberman actually had to stop McCain during his speech to have him correct his mistake.(video below) Thing here is, Al Qaeda is primarily Sunni, while Iran is a Shiite controlled nation. He then said that Iranians had been training Muslim extremists not Al Qaeda. Does anyone get the impression this guy is just too old to be president?

yes, it's true, Washington hasn't a clue about AQ being Sunni and Iran Shia.
this comes from Washington being in bed with the oil rich Saudis (Sunni) and their interests in keeping the flow of oil steady.
so yes, the US will help weaken Iran... but is that really a bad thing since they have the same goals to squish Israel and kill non-muslims?

McCain's age will make a difference when he picks a VP. I think he'll probably die in office, we haven't had one of those lately.

No worries TAA, maybe I will clarify further. Firstly, I am not a partisan and cant stand our system of parties. I never said Obama was a centrist and am fully aware he isnt. Maybe what I should have said, is that it would be wise for the GOP to move to the center which they have through the McCain nomination. That being said, I would still vote for McCain over Hillary if she were to become the nominee. I like Obama, I think we need a breath of fresh air into American government he brings. The other scenario being for me personally a lesser of two evils sort of thing.

I see what you're saying. But the primary problem with the GOP is that it already hasmoved to the center. In their effort to become a "big tent" party, they've lost the moorings of their underpinning values.

There are two aspects to conservatism: 1) the social aspect and 2) the governmental aspect. I am both. But in truth the first is dependent on the second. If the government would just do it's job, as laid out by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, WE the people as enumerated in the Declaration of Independence would be able to decide more of those social aspects for ourselves, by our choices of how we live, where we live, who we associate with, what we support, etc.

McCain would not be my first candidate of choice, as he has not adhered to the second aspect of the conservative criteria as much as he should have. Part of that is representative of the whole party's move toward the center. The problem is that as this has been happening, the liberal side has been shifting further toward the left. The center line has moved, shifting to the left significantly in the past (ball park time frame!) 20-25 years.

The Contract With America symbolized a concerted effort to pull it back right, focusing on the governmental values that conservatism traditionally embodies. The Republicans failed, becoming more enamored with their power, their position, and their desire "play nice." Instead of standing on the principals that put them there, instead of fighting their battles and winning the hearts and minds of those opposing them, they chose to "play nice", water down the message and just get along.

On the surface, I like Obama, too. He is a new player in the same game, though. I don't think the breath of fresh air experience would last past his inauguration. I see nothing but $$$'s lining up, sucking out of working America's pockets, swirling through the air and sinking in the vast black holes of current government programs, their expansion and the new ones he wants to add. There will be no cleaning up in Washington. It will change, but I truly believe we won't like the changes. This is based on his certifiable record.

Four more years of Clintonism are absolutely unthinkable. The example of her most recent document dump of her records is a great confirmation of that fact. 11,000 documents, for the most part doing nothing to bolster her claims that she would hit the ground ready "from day 1", leaving "at least as many questions as they answer about her statements in the campaign promoting her foreign policy experience. - Pete Yost, AP".

McCain is older than any previous man running for the first term as President. He is not the oldest seeking the office, though. It's always been for four-year terms. I think his critics would be well served to use caution when they try to through up the age issue. First of all, that in itself is discriminatory, as much so as race, religion, creed, etc.

If someone wants to use a situation where he stumbled verbally as justification to question his ability to serve, all I've got to say is they'd better get out a pretty big pencil because the list goes on, and on, and on. ALL these candidates, and those who have fallen by the wayside, have put their proverbial feet in their proverbial mouths.

This points to one other problem: When Republicans mis-speak or act, someone is quick to correct them, point it out, demand apologies, or even their resignation - whatever for the circumstance. When it's a Democrat, their compatriots are quick to smooth things over by always telling us what he or she really meant in word or deed.

TAA,
Interesting post, I will agree that another 4 years of the Clintons in the WH is a bad idea. Now I understand your notions on conservatism, but those days are done and the death came at the hands of Bush. His total disregard for fiscal responsiblity while in office has been a blackeye on the party.

So really when I look at the current top three, two of them are a direct result of the evolution American politics has become since Bush took office.
If it wasnt people clamouring wholesale to get away from what we have now, McCain would be moving into the twilight years and Obama would be another Senator. Bush and his policies have created the raise of Obama and the resurgance of McCain.

Werbung:

In an interview aired on Al-Arabiya TV on January 18, 2008, former Islamic Army in Iraq leader Abu ‘Azzam Al-Tamimi discussed why an American troop withdrawal from Iraq would spell disaster, making Iran more dangerous. During the interview, he said that despite the fact that al-Qaeda is Sunni and Iran Shiite, Iran has been intervening in every aspect of Iraq, including working with and helping al-Qaeda.

If Abu claims that Iran is helping AQ then I think McCain has a leg to stand on.

Back