McCaskill didn't pay $287,000 in taxes on private plane

steveox

WASHINGTON — Sen. Claire McCaskill admitted to reporters during a hastily arranged conference call Monday that she and her husband failed to pay 287,283 in property taxes on the private jet they own.

McCaskill, who is up for re-election next year to the U.S. Senate, said she is sending checks for the back taxes to the state of Missouri immediately.

"There are people I could blame for this, but I know better," the Missouri Democrat said. "As an auditor, I know I should have checked myself. I should have checked the documentation. I should have asked the questions. I shouldn’t have assumed someone was doing it."

McCaskill said state sales taxes have been consistently and promptly paid on the plane, showing there was no attempt by her and her husband to hide it.
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110321/NEWS06/110321020/-1/rss

And Remember this

Sen. John Kerry skips town on sails tax

Sen. John Kerry, who has repeatedly voted to raise taxes while in Congress, dodged a whopping six-figure state tax bill on his new multimillion-dollar yacht by mooring her in Newport, R.I.

Isabel - Kerry’s luxe, 76-foot New Zealand-built Friendship sloop with an Edwardian-style, glossy varnished teak interior, two VIP main cabins and a pilothouse fitted with a wet bar and cold wine storage - was designed by Rhode Island boat designer Ted Fontaine.

But instead of berthing the vessel in Nantucket, where the senator summers with the missus, Teresa Heinz, Isabel’s hailing port is listed as “Newport” on her stern.

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1269698

This another part of Democratic hypcrissy and the Left wing Media didnt report it, But what if A republican commit this not paying taxes? The Mainstream Media would be going Bananas over this. This is what the democrats stand on by saying "" Do as i say,,not as i do""

Werbung:
Back