More on Torture

GenSeneca

Since so many out there think Bush is responsible for torture... give me specific examples of documented torture that would not have taken place if say Gore, Kerry or Obama had been president.

Waterboarding seems to be a big one but if you're going to make that argument the you need to provide proof that the candidates opposition to the practice was there before it became an issue and not after.

Any takers?

Werbung:
I think the biggest answer is, all the top democrats in washington, were given exclusive tour and explanation of water boarding prior to it being used. Not one had a fit, or complained or even seemed disturbed. In fact, the CIA personnel indicated most seemed very much in favor of it's use.

The only time anti-waterboarding became a talking point for the left, was when they found it to have political traction against the President. I would lay down even money that if the current president had been a democrat, we would never have even heard about the waterboarding. It would not have even been an issue.

Some supporting examples would be, Oil. When Gore was VP, he arranged for Occidental Petrol to be sold a federal bit of land that had oil on it, even though he had hundreds of thousands in company stock. Did we hear about it? Nope.

But Bush who has no money in oil, is attacked as being an oil man for allowing other companies he has no stock in, drilling on other federal land. Why the hypocritical stance?

Point being, as I've said dozens of times, the democrats are out for only themselves. Whatever is politically expedient at the time, is all that matters. When no one looks, they will spend not a dime on charity, but as soon as they need to look good for a congressional election, suddenly they 'give' enough to get by.

Obama spent less than 1% of his earnings on Charity, even though his household income was in the top 2% of America... until... he ran for Senate... suddenly it's time to score political points by helping the poor.

Undoubtedly democrats have no problem with any torture whatsoever... unless they can score some political points off it, just like every issue.

Since so many out there think Bush is responsible for torture... give me specific examples of documented torture that would not have taken place if say Gore, Kerry or Obama had been president.

Waterboarding seems to be a big one but if you're going to make that argument the you need to provide proof that the candidates opposition to the practice was there before it became an issue and not after.

Any takers?

Had John Freaking Kerry been president or AlGORE they would have done waterboarding too and it would be a non issue today because the left would have not minded it, being that a dem did it.

Its only a crime if a republican does it

Had John Freaking Kerry been president or AlGORE they would have done waterboarding too and it would be a non issue today because the left would have not minded it, being that a dem did it.

Its only a crime if a republican does it

Bob Packwood chased girls around. When Clinton did it, it was fine. Packwood was a republican, and thus it was a huge deal. Of course when the Republican people heard of it, packwood was gone. When Democrats heard about Clinton, it was two consenting adults, and all that felony lying under oath, perjury, tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, and so on... it was a private personal matter.

But Packwood chasing a few women? Even without felonies, he had to be removed. How horrible of him...

Just like you said...
Its only a crime if a republican does it... so true.

Bob Packwood chased girls around. When Clinton did it, it was fine. Packwood was a republican, and thus it was a huge deal. Of course when the Republican people heard of it, packwood was gone. When Democrats heard about Clinton, it was two consenting adults, and all that felony lying under oath, perjury, tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, and so on... it was a private personal matter.

But Packwood chasing a few women? Even without felonies, he had to be removed. How horrible of him...

Just like you said...
Its only a crime if a republican does it... so true.

Packwood is from my state. Everyone turned against him, and the first group to do it was the republicans, the dems got on board too.

we also have a guy a big dem Neil Goldschmidt he had a thing with his 14 year old baby sitter while he was sec of something dumb in oregon. he was able to skate the law, the dems have protected him and kept him from having to reg. as a sex offender. he is still invited to any big wig dem party in oregon. he is much loved even if he is a child molester.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Goldschmidt

Bob Packwood chased girls around. When Clinton did it, it was fine. Packwood was a republican, and thus it was a huge deal.

If it was such a huge deal when Packwood did it and not when Clinton did it, How come I know all about Clinton's womanizing and have hardly heard of Packwood?

If it was such a huge deal when Packwood did it and not when Clinton did it, How come I know all about Clinton's womanizing and have hardly heard of Packwood?

Because, as has already been pointed out, Republicans kick those people out of the party... they don't circle the wagons and protect the guilty, Democrats do that.

Anyone want to talk torture or can we put the whole "Bush supports torture" lie to bed?

Werbung:

I have no idea. It was plastered everywhere.

Back