Muslim world?

Werbung:
Pat Bucannon (spelling) has been saying this for a long time. Its all true but nothing you can do about it. One thing for sure is it will be the end of liberalism, and most liberal causes. Probably Christianity too. But at least that you can do in secret.

There is no doubt that the Muslims are growing in numbers, and will grow in power, in the coming years. We can only hope they can be induced, or compelled, to adopt moere Westernized ways. In the long run, however, they cannot sustain such a high growth rate, since the planet will only hold so many people. The Hindus, BTW, are also growing rapidly, but their current numbers are much smaller and therefore not a matter of immediate concern.

There is no "limit" to the number of people the planet can hold, only a limit on the degree to which productive people (e.g., the west) can support unproductive people (e.g., most of the Muslim world).

They frankly cannot sustain the numbers they have now, why in the world should they be expected to stop growing at some unspecified point in the future?

There is no "limit" to the number of people the planet can hold, only a limit on the degree to which productive people (e.g., the west) can support unproductive people (e.g., most of the Muslim world).

They frankly cannot sustain the numbers they have now, why in the world should they be expected to stop growing at some unspecified point in the future?

If the west is supporting the Muslim world, it is by continuing to buy their oil. If we achieve energy independence, who will support them?

This film is obviously not intended to initiate a reasoned, calm debate. The heavy music and obvious Christian overtone put this in the category of propaganda.

However, in an attempt to pull the facts out of the propaganda, there is no question Muslims (or perhaps more accurately, immigrants from the Middle East and Africa) are migrating to Europe. But to suggest they are somehow a threat because they are Muslims is fear mongering.

People change when they migrate to a new country - especially the children of migrants. They learn the culture and language of their new country and take on its customs, morals and traditions.

My family emigrated to the US from Germany - does that make me a son of the holocaust? Or perhaps a child of the barbarians who conquered Rome.

If you want to worry about something, I suggest you worry about the population growth in the world. When I was born 62 years ago the population of the world was 2.3 billion people. Now it is 6.7 billion people.

If you think we have global problems with pollution, deforestation, lack of food, energy, etc. now, then just wait until 2050 when the population is 11 billion people. I honestly do not believe we will make it that far before mass starvation kills billions and billions of people.

Are you saying that the planet can hold more people than it's mass in people? Get real, SW85. There are limits on population. Sooner or later, we will reach those limits. When that happens, or even when we get near that point, the Chinese, with their mandatory severe birth control, will become political saints. The Muslims, with their unrestrained population growth, will help us reach that point earlier.

If the west is supporting the Muslim world, it is by continuing to buy their oil. If we achieve energy independence, who will support them?

China. India. Other rising powers that are need of energy.

Come on, some of you people are substituting emotions for facts. Poor, ignorant people from undeveloped countries have "unrestrained population growth". Africa is a case in point. People of all religions are making babies faster than they can grow food to feed them.

Meanwhile in Bahrain and the UAE, two developed Muslim nations, the population growth rate of its citizens is 1.3% and 1.6% respectively.

Just because someone is a Muslim doesn't mean they are ALL making babies like rabbits.

I wonder if the American Indians said to themselves, "OMG, all those Christians are coming here to our continent and are having babies like crazy. Pretty soon there won't be any room lift for us Native Americans?" Do you think that is a racist statement?

Are you saying that the planet can hold more people than it's mass in people? Get real, SW85. There are limits on population. Sooner or later, we will reach those limits. When that happens, or even when we get near that point, the Chinese, with their mandatory severe birth control, will become political saints. The Muslims, with their unrestrained population growth, will help us reach that point earlier.

"The Muslims, with their unrestrained population growth"

Don't forget our own "pro-life" Evangelical Christian fundies, whose plan for dealing with that point falls under "Rapture".

This film is obviously not intended to initiate a reasoned, calm debate. The heavy music and obvious Christian overtone put this in the category of propaganda.

However, in an attempt to pull the facts out of the propaganda, there is no question Muslims (or perhaps more accurately, immigrants from the Middle East and Africa) are migrating to Europe. But to suggest they are somehow a threat because they are Muslims is fear mongering.

People change when they migrate to a new country - especially the children of migrants. They learn the culture and language of their new country and take on its customs, morals and traditions.

My family emigrated to the US from Germany - does that make me a son of the holocaust? Or perhaps a child of the barbarians who conquered Rome.

If you want to worry about something, I suggest you worry about the population growth in the world. When I was born 62 years ago the population of the world was 2.3 billion people. Now it is 6.7 billion people.

If you think we have global problems with pollution, deforestation, lack of food, energy, etc. now, then just wait until 2050 when the population is 11 billion people. I honestly do not believe we will make it that far before mass starvation kills billions and billions of people.

By that point we'll likely be going to war over arable farmland and potable water, and someone will launch a nuke in the process. Once that happens, we can all put our heads between our legs and kiss our asses adios and "Hasta la vista, baby".

This has been argued before, but what it does not account for is changes in technology.

We can't count on technology forever. It may or may not help, and probably will help, but with or without technology, the world has limited space and mass, and soorer or later, we will exhaust that space. Or are you assuming that technology will eventually turn the human race into a race of Gods? Risky presumption, isn't it, since no one can no exactly how technology will develop in the coming years, only how it has done in the past, which is likely not repeatable?

This has been argued before, but what it does not account for is changes in technology.

Changes in technology how? What more can technology do to solve the problem of world food and commodity shortages in the next 40 years? I have been an Environmental Engineer for the past 35 years, and we still haven't figured out how to easily and inexpensively solve our pollution problems. It still requires structural solutions to clean up the air and water. Water treatment plants, are still a mass of concrete and steel - even if they are run more efficiently using computers. Air pollution equipment are in the same category.

And do you seriously expect technology to figure out a way to grow twice as much food per acre of land? Technology is good for solving technical problems, but growing more wheat, rice, and all the other staples that the world needs for nutrition is simply not going to be solve with technology. There is not even a glimmer of hope on the horizon that such technology will someday exist.

Furthermore, out of all the global problems, how many has the global community solved? Exactly NONE. Be it AIDS, global warming, food shortages, petroleum shortages, controlling nuclear proliferation, etc. The world community can't cooperate to do anything except how to put on an Olympic games.

We need solutions like mandatory sterilization after 2 babies.

Werbung:

No, we'll just terraform Mars and Venus. After that, the human race can populate the cosmos.

Back