Neocons: Taking The Bad From Both Parties

Brandon

What do you call a conservative who doesn't conserve? A neocon!

Take the "spend like a drunken sailor" attitude from the left and the social (sometimes backwards) values of the right. Stir it all together and what do you get?

A Imperialist impulsive spender.

This is not a good move for America. With huge budget deficits and a never ending war, how can America actually conserve and become fiscally responsible?

Werbung:
Martyr said:
With a moral agenda. :eek:

Pretty much. I tend to think a lot of the neocons are borderline fascist. They are the epitome of corporate merging with the state, and think they can stick their noses in social issues, such as abortion and cloning/stem cell research.

The neocons are definitely an example of "corporate merging with the state," as Furious George said, but there is much more to it. The corporate takeover of the government has created its own strange set of problems, most significantly that most of the government is directly controlled by people more loyal to big business than to the public. But the Bush gang's foreign policy on the whole is more problematic than the neocons' domestic piracy.

The Bush White House has a great deal of loyalty not only to its corporate sponsors, but to some misguided ideology that the United States should dominate the Middle East military and economically. They wage wars based on their half-psychotic vision, then proceed to profit, directly and indirectly, from the war itself and the reconstruction afterward, all the while lying about some altruistic motive involving spreading democracy or liberating people from oppressive rule.

If this is allowed to continue until the neocons decide to cut and run, there will be hell to pay. They won't be able to simply roll their tanks out there and take everything over like they believe. People will fight back; countries with the military capability to do so (unlike Afghanistan and Iraq) will defend themselves from what they perceive as a very real threat, and with good cause. More powerful countries (e.g., Russia, China) will make alliances, probably along economic lines, and will fund the wars in various fronts. The politicians will have their own little puppet show out in the desert with other people's countries and other people's lives.

Anyway, time to hit the hay as they say.

Jim said:
The Bush White House has a great deal of loyalty not only to its corporate sponsors, but to some misguided ideology that the United States should dominate the Middle East military and economically. They wage wars based on their half-psychotic vision, then proceed to profit, directly and indirectly, from the war itself and the reconstruction afterward, all the while lying about some altruistic motive involving spreading democracy or liberating people from oppressive rule.

My real question--Does the Bush administration do this purposely, knowing there will be consequences, or does he do it in the almost subconscious, sycophantic manner? Because there's a very fine line between disguising altruism with harsh, in-your-face politics, and being flat-out wrong, and trying to save something that held no water in the first place.

Werbung:
"People will fight back; countries with the military capability to do so (unlike Afghanistan and Iraq) will defend themselves from what they perceive as a very real threat, and with good cause"

it seems to me that the iraqis are fighting back as well. it's an underestimation on the part of the neocons born of racial prejudice, i remember in the ramp-up to the iraq war anybody that asked any critical questions at all about war as the best course of action were shouted down. I think the neocons really believed we would be fighting a stoneaged people armed with rocks and riding camels.
it's been my experience with neocons that when things don't turn out as desired....it's always because of sinister unfair events....never because of bad policy, It's the liberal medidas fault, it's the dmocrats fault they hate America....the thing is, i can't believe anybody is really surprised at the quagmire in the ME....what did they think would happen

Back